Liger

Why do I place all my eggs in 2 baskets?

5 posts in this topic

I'm going to keep this brief and try not to go into the intricacies of each situation, but throughout my life I've realized I always have 2 very important people in my life and that is all. In each chapter of my life, I have a best friend that I care all about and a woman that I have strong feelings for. This has happened multiple times, and each time I've lost both of these figures in my life for different reasons (growth, betrayal, travel, etc). These past few months I've broken up with my 3 year long girlfriend and my best friend got sentenced to 4 years in prison. I've went through a lot of pain getting over both of these people and trying to comprehend that they will no longer be in my life, however, while going through this I came to the realization that this is a cycle that I've been going through my entire life, I put all my eggs in two baskets. While this does give me very high high's while it lasts, it gives me very low low's when it ends, and I just want to get out of this loop..... Any thoughts would be appreciated, and thank you for reading this, its a tad bit lengthy despite my promise at the start lol.

Well if he is your best friend you can atleast visit him in prison right? 

Yeah I do visit him, but I mean in terms of having someone there for you that you can also spend time with, someone that's a part of your life. Someone in prison can't really be a large part of your life. I guess I just need to spread myself thinner across a larger quantity of people, but my intuition tells me that having a large circle isn't the best idea either. Idk tbh

Pros and cons to having lots of little amount of friends. 

To me I rather walk alone. Or not with that many people atleast. 

If you feel that need then you should go make more friends I think. Different personalities different needs. No two people are the same. And like I said there are pros to having a lot of friends as well. 

@Liger Not to go all Freudian here, but how was your childhood?

Could the friend represent a father figure, and the woman a mother?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/