B3N

Letting go of emotions for others - David Hawkins

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been doing some emotional work (Letting Go by David Hawkins) and I can't get past feeling sad for others. I seem to be able to let go of my own emotions, but not the emotions I project on to others. For instance, if I died my family would be distraught. The idea of them being sad makes me sad. I then worry about death because I don't want them to be sad. I don't know how to get past this. 

I am fully aware that I cannot know what another person is feeling or what they might feel in the future and that I am superimposing imagination on to the situation. 

Any advice on how to let go of this? 

Best wishes,

B3N

What's wrong with feeling sad? Is that somehow unnatural? I think you should journal and contemplate about why you may be so attached to these negative feelings, to go deeper. I think what you'll find might surprise you. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

You are getting lost in thought. You need to understand that thought is thought and reality is reality. And when you feel sad, then be "sad" and if in the next minutes you don't feel sad anymore then you won't be sad anymore. Everything just is as it is. Let everything flow. Do not cling, do not attach. Everything must be accepted as it is. Yes, you have thoughts, stories. Let them be. Nothing wrong with that. But the mistake you make is that you are not aware/conscious that you perpetuate them. You make dramas that doesn't help you with anything. The mistake is you not being aware of You. You identify with the thoughts.

You learn/become more conscious by not attaching, and observing that everything comes suddenly and will go suddenly if you do not cling to the stories. You think the stories are important, that they need to stay, but you have no decision in that, because thoughts are thoughts. They're not You. Let everything be. Does it help you thinking about all these things? Does this thoughts have some practicality in them? Or are just rubbish? You need to make these decisions and then let go of what is futile. But you won't be able to do this if you are not aware that you are not them.

Yes, what you think may become true one day. But again, thought is thought and immediate reality is immediate reality. Nothing wrong with imagination or thoughts, there is something wrong when you get into a sort of "trance". When you get lost in them. When you don't understand what is the thing that is aware of everything. When you don't understand what You are. What are you?