Anirban657

No one can experience me

10 posts in this topic

Who can experience me? I do self-inquiry and I am just unable to find myself or locate myself or experience myself. But then I think, I am I, so why do I need to find myself? 

The mind says I cannot experience myself because if I could experience myself, I would have done it in my entire life. And then it says only a third person or a guru can experience me. 

I am confused. 

Please comment and thank you!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@Anirban657 All thoughts !!! Refuse the tricks of mind keep enquiring.Refuse to believe the answers.

Patience and perseverance are important.Are you looking for an experience ?then who is the experiencer ?

Edited by Jkris
Spelling mistake

Who watches the watcher. And who watches the watcher's watcher.

34 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Paul92 First find the watcher.

Ok I will. I just got confused. I thought that I was the watcher. But thoughts are just that- thoughts. I need to find the watcher.

1 minute ago, Anirban657 said:

Ok I will. I just got confused. I thought that I was the watcher. But thoughts are just that- thoughts. I need to find the watcher.

Lol , no pls.  

8 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

How about this, instead of looking for watcher inquire what watcher should be, what it is,is it seeing ,hearing.feeling what makes you, you. 

5 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Lol , no pls.  

@purerogue What do you mean? The more I self-inquiry the more I realise I don't know who I am. 

2 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

@purerogue What do you mean? The more I self-inquiry the more I realise I don't know who I am. 

Perfect. Keep going. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Anirban657 Be aware that everything you just said is a train of thought. The only one saying that there has to be someone in the world is this train of thought. Why do these thoughts want to exist so bad? Do these imaginations in your mind have any reasonable justification to assume that there is such a thing as an "individual"? A separate thing somewhere in your consciousness. Really think about it, what else can there be than the sound, the feelings, the sights, the smells, how can they ever belong to one person or being which is magically hidden in the background, "experiencing" everything. 

What does experience even mean? How is a perception changed when it is experienced by someone? Does make it any difference if you say the perception just "is" by itself instead of it being "perceived" by this invisible thing.  A thought is a sound in consciousness, a blow of wind is a sound in consciousness.

Its all equally produced by the brain (supposedly). Whats the difference between hearing a thought made out of consciousness and seeing a computer screen made out of consciousness (all the colors and forms are being produced by the brain according to neuroscience and your perceptions are not in the world, they are a product of evolution in modern scientific discourse). 

All of your consciousness is operating itself by itself and it comes from the same source: god. How does god create you? By trains of thought which tell you something about who you are. 

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi