Angelo John Gage

Rupert Spira's answer to my questions

28 posts in this topic

On my way back from NYC right now to go see Rupert. It was cool experience to see him in person and be around like-minded people on a similar path.

The questions I asked Rupert were basically these:

Is my desire for justice in the world part of my ego driven it by my past experience in the Marine corps dealing with betrayal and government lies which has made me an anti-war activist .

Is my desire to stop war egotistical being that war is part of this non-duality? Are we supposed to believe and accept that the people in this room with us are similar to the terrorists and murderers across the world?

I know that this is a big game and that it's wavelengths changing so in other words, the errorist is really blowing himself up; consciousness is blowing itself up and this world is essentially perfect; even though on one hand there are butterflies and babies; on the other, brutality and genocide...and this is something we have to accept that's perfect..So if it is perfect then why do I have this desire to change it?

His response was basically this:

"It's not your ego to want Justice in the world, it is your true nature.

If we were to sit you and the terrorist down together there would be much difference in thought, but if we were to ask both of you what you truly are, you would both be the "I am" ....the consciousness.

However the terrorist has a more density of thoughts clouding the light within; in another words, the terrorist is not allowing the light inside to shine through, whereas someone like you who wants to stop war and do all these things allows it to shine through. And what is shining through is not ego..."

Of course I'm paraphrasing his answer because I don't remember it verbatim but that's essentially it. I'm glad to hear that my desire to help the world is not egotistical as I thought it would be driven by the fearful false self.

Everyone in the crowd enjoyed my question; in fact many people got up to thank me for it and thought it was brave putting myself out there since I mentioned personal stuff about PTSD and everything I have endured. It was nice to see that people of like mind appreciated my darker questions which dealt with such a topic where as everyone else was asking more soft questions.

Also during my conversation with Rupert I mentioned how I don't find that even the likes of Eckhart Tolle meditating on a park bench for 8 hours does any good; that I would never do that because I believe it's a waste of time and we could be doing things like stopping wars instead. Rupert's response was very interesting he said "Eckhart Tolle doing that is his way of bringing peace to the world; that is his nature and it is in your nature to do what you're doing."

20190427_192328.jpg

Edited by Angelo John Gage
Spelling

I totaly understand for me my true self is removing from earth everything that isn't love. And It is absolute

What a great response from Rupert. Glad you got to see him. I went to see him many years ago. I had a chance to chat with him one on one and surprisingly he was quite shy and awkward. I still think he is great though. One of my favorites.

@ivory yes indeed he is... one person actually asked him if it was hard interacting with the world, and he said "no this is my world" pointing at the crowd. So this indicates that he is not interested in the bigger world of fame and all that materalistic crap. I had mentioned to him that this was my first seminar and I learned of him through Leo and actualized. He just smiled. 

@Serotoninluv You're welcome.  

very powerful question/answer. I can see it will benefit many ?

It reminds me of this Teal Swan video I just watched called “how to find your excellence (100% dependent on desire) 

@Angelo John Gage The desire to change the world is tricky. Yes, part of it is genuine but part of it is also ego.

On some level you still don't accept or love terrorism and war. Which is a self-hatred. You have to make sure that you're changing the world not as a reaction against some part of it which you refuse to accept.

Are you conscious of why war is necessary? Of what function it serves?

If what you seek is one half of a duality, like peace/war, then that will not work. What's necessary is to transcend both of those and discover Peace as an Absolute which unifies and embraces peace/war. That is how you get true Peace.

See, the problem is that the terrorist too is busy creating a good world, from his POV. Everything who tries to change the world for the better is in danger of falling into the trap of the lesser jihad.

The desire to do good cannot be taken on blind faith since a devil always frames what he does as good. Good intentions are not enough to create a good world. You also have to be aware of how goodness is relative.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks for chiming in.

My question to Rupert was to ensure that my desire, which I feel strongly and is what naturally comes from within, wasn't ego. And that's the thing Leo, my so-called desire does not steam from an idea, philosophy or religion, but from within myself as if I am the embodiment of justice or something. Sounds corny, but it is almost as if my soul IS justice; that I seek to balance things, whether it is correcting someone making a spelling mistake or trying to debunk a fake narrative, stopping two drunk people from fighting, or protesting against wars.

Me feelings toward war are not reactionary; when I  was 18 at first was all for that Rambo life. But when you see people blow up; along with the unjust death and destruction of innocents on a massive scale, the fantasies end. Ever since I got out of the service I would tell everyone who asked me if they should join the military not to.  I would not wish anything like what I saw on any people. But I know that this is part of reality; its not like war is new. Allan Watts also made a point about this in one of his speeches where he uses the analogy of the cells fighting in our body; that if we were to observe this phenomenon and see it as one side killing the other in some war, we may get too sucked in and start rooting for one side; when it is necessary for both sides to fight in perpetuity for us to even exist as an organism. (again paraphrasing)

So yes we can zoom out of the world and see these wars similar to cell wars, I have come to peace with that. We can even argue that war is an evolutionary process that breed stronger humans or something, but that doesn't mean that my nature is to not be the cells that fight the other cells. And I wanted to make sure that it wasn't my ego. I had a feeling it wasn't, and most of the questions I asked above I already knew the answer to (as I alluded in them) and wanted to see his take since not all teachers teach the same way. But the reason I asked was because if we are all one, then who the hell can have the desire to make change? His response is clear: The light is just and so it is my nature. Even the terrorist is just, in his way as your comment implies. 

BTW Leo, your videos had much influence on my acceptance with things which brought me great peace that I have not felt, probably ever in my life. The things that I used to punch holes in walls for don't bother me. anymore. The addictions and vices I had, no longer exist. My PTSD has reduced mostly to physical things rather than emotional. I have become more stoic and content. I have learned to control my anger, which was a huge problem in my life. I have transformed so much since I found Actualized and the rest of the teachers of nonduality. So thank you for your work.

And that is why I wanted to make sure that this desire was not something that needs to be changed.

Edited by Angelo John Gage

@Angelo John Gage Good

But just in case, keep an eye on that desire of yours. Desire is a tricky thing. Desire and attachment go hand in hand. Developing a "good" spiritual ego is a common way to avoid actual awakening.

But after you awaken you can certainly have a life purpose focused around promoting justice.

@Angelo John Gage A really good way to verify if your desire is coming from ego or from the heart is to ask while on a psychedelic. Ask when you are in a state of nondual God consciousness. See what comes up.

@Leo Gura if only I knew where to get 5meo lol.

Next time i get my hands on whatever i can ill make sure i do. I'll post about the answer.

Im curious. What was your answer while u were on psychedelics.

44 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Leo Gura if only I knew where to get 5meo lol.

Next time i get my hands on whatever i can ill make sure i do. I'll post about the answer.

Im curious. What was your answer while u were on psychedelics.

5-MeO is almost too powerful for such questions. You will be in such a degree of consciousness that your old life will have zero import or meaning. Your old life will simply not make any sense because it is pure illusion. Under 5-MeO human life simply does not compute. It's like looking at a 2D object from the 4th dimension. Your only desire will be to share 5-MeO with the whole world.

Mushrooms or LSD are milder and better for asking such questions.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Angelo John Gage The desire to change the world is tricky. Yes, part of it is genuine but part of it is also ego.

On some level you still don't accept or love terrorism and war. Which is a self-hatred. You have to make sure that you're changing the world not as a reaction against some part of it which you refuse to accept.

Are you conscious of why war is necessary? Of what function it serves?

If what you seek is one half of a duality, like peace/war, then that will not work. What's necessary is to transcend both of those and discover Peace as an Absolute which unifies and embraces peace/war. That is how you get true Peace.

See, the problem is that the terrorist too is busy creating a good world, from his POV. Everything who tries to change the world for the better is in danger of falling into the trap of the lesser jihad.

Man, I love this ❤️

There was never a war, war is Peace.

@Angelo John Gage Thanks for sharing dude, much appreciated ❤️

Great thread

---

The path into the light seems dark

true purity seems tarnished

the greatest love seems indifferent

-- Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Man, I love this ❤️

There was never a war, war is Peace.

@Angelo John Gage Thanks for sharing dude, much appreciated ❤️

War is not peace. If so it would not have his own word.

Seeing war as a normal thing a common delusion

A true awakened human doesn't believe in a so call'd normal cycle of shit. They become the new circle

True awakening means having the power to break the wheel. Not accept the wheel' that is only 50% on the road for get out of sleep

2 minutes ago, Aeris said:

War is not peace. If so it would not have his own word.

Seeing war as a normal thing a common delusion

A true awakened human doesn't believe in a so call'd normal cycle of shit. They become the new circle

True awakening means having the power to break the wheel. Not accept the wheel' that is only 50% on the road for get out of sleep

War against wars will only bring more wars.

Only peace can truly end war.

And true peace starts from you, when you stop fighting against God's will.

25 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

War against wars will only bring more wars.

Only peace can truly end war.

And true peace starts from you, when you stop fighting against God's will.

Why War bring more War. Currently most EU and USA are not at war. Because of war. It's not War the problem..it's how War is done.

When a side win..the war is over. The side who win should dissolve all karma of his ennemy. That's why It's never proper. When you take pity for ennemy with a lower mindset. 

You currently live on the cloud of your imagination if you believe as long as I m far from it. It ain't a problem. 'it's not my concern'

You should make oral war. Or something at your own lvl of context.

Accepting a side of your arm having cancer doesn't make it go away.

Cure it makes it go away

Edited by Aeris