OctagonOctopus

What does humanity need most right now?

34 posts in this topic

@Truth Addict It's not rape if it's consensual. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Truth Addict xD Yes, but my journal is an open invitation.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Leo Gura "You take a dumb animal like a donkey, and you think why did God create this dumb animal, but you look at it from a higher perspective and you realize that yes the donkey is dumb compared to lets say a human but it's serving it's function perfectly, and even those dumb human beings who are dumb relative to more intelligent human beings, they are serving their function perfectly in the whole."

Did you write Shrek, Leo? 

I'd say that it entirely depends on what you call intelligent. Is wrecking earth with pollution intelligent? If not I guess the donkey is a step ahead in having virtue.

We need more money. Poverty keeps people doing low consciousness stuff.

@CreamCat

Low consciousness people would just use more money for low consciousness activities. However, a post-monetary system of basic provisions would free people from being stuck in survival mode. Hard for someone to raise their vibrations when most concerns are still how will I make rent and pay for food. Or even if those needs are met well, but work and chores take up most of their waking hours. Providing food and housing would actually motivate people to make money to have anything else they want, while at the same time, have the security of not worrying about basic necessities. That is how you'd maximally unleash human potential on a large scale.

I've often suggested lower birthrates and stopping immigration are both necessary so that a given society can have more resources to go around, less competition, less mouths to feed, and maintain it's own bubble of prosperity. It would never work if anyone form all over the world is allowed to come to the places that administer basic provisions systems, but once it is proven successful, other places can create they own systems, and this meme would gradually replace conventional cutthroat capitalism and other low consciousness economic games.

A successful basic provisions system wouldn't work long term unless the population stabilizes, and declines proportionate to the rise in standard of living, plus increasing costs of such a welfare state. But somehow, saying close the borders and require birth control for public benefits recipients makes me literally Hitler and the Devil. 

Edited by XYZ

6 hours ago, XYZ said:

Low consciousness people would just use more money for low consciousness activities.

That's an untested assumption. Have you actually done some tests by giving money to people for a long time?

What if professional takers extort money from people by utilizing people's inability to escape a certain geographical region?

What if illegal immigrants are allowed to live while basic provisions are given only to citizens?

Anyway, if we go higher in abstraction, what people need most is freedom from basic survival concerns.

Edited by CreamCat

17 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Nothing.

Everything is perfect as it is.

We're exactly at where we need to be.

❤️

I second that. :x

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

On 28/04/2019 at 6:36 AM, mandyjw said:

What about parfaits? Everyone likes parfaits. 

I swear Shrek references follow me everywhere, and someone started watching Shrek near me after I looked at this. Such a weird synchronicity :D

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

20 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Nothing.

Everything is perfect as it is.

We're exactly at where we need to be.

❤️

I have a big sense of this, but also a big sense of "I have to help everyone else realize this".

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

28 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

I have a big sense of this, but also a big sense of "I have to help everyone else realize this".

That's where you need to be, and it's always Perfect ❤️

Perfection has no end, It extends to infinity ?

Edited by Truth Addict

20 hours ago, CreamCat said:

That's an untested assumption. Have you actually done some tests by giving money to people for a long time?

It's an obvious assumption that most people would be inclined to just run faster on the hedonic treadmill if you increased their purchasing power and/or reduced their working hours. 

I hesitated to write that at first, thinking that what if low consciousness people use money, or the freedom and resources it enables, to raise their consciousness. But if they would do so, then such a person is actually of high consciousness in the first place, but it doesn't manifest due to survival concerns taking precedence.

Low consciousness vs. high consciousness people is a false duality I created, but works as a rough generalization for purposes of discussion.

What if professional takers extort money from people by utilizing people's inability to escape a certain geographical region?

This happens constantly to people fleeing Africa to migrate to Europe, and Central America for illegal entry to the US. 

What if illegal immigrants are allowed to live while basic provisions are given only to citizens?

Illegal immigration is still a burden on public resources & funding. Also part of the basic provisions system would be non-competitive work assignments for anyone who'd need them, and cracking down on operations that hire undocumented workers to pay them less and avoid taxes. As we have now in the US, work visas are granted to those who would be net taxpayers in the economy.

Not to mention the absurdity of importing foreign refugees while poverty and homelessness runs rampant domestically, even among combat veterans.

21 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Anyway, if we go higher in abstraction, what people need most is freedom from basic survival concerns.

This. Politics and economics feel like the antithesis of spirituality. But because of this we keep coming back to it. Can't expect humanity to evolve to higher consciousness when we're still struggling with basic survival needs, being devils who filter everything based on its usefulness to the functions of the body, and the desires of the ego. 

I point out that many who try to be catalysts for a global shift to higher consciousness end up becoming elitists virtue signaling to those who don't have the same luxuries.

But then again, even stage Turquoise people still need to eat, sleep and shit sometimes.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, OctagonOctopus said:

What does humanity need most right now?

Started by OctagonOctopus, April 27

On 4/27/2019 at 4:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

For you to realize you're a devil ;)

Christians term this same thing "a sinner"