FoxFoxFox

Fox Yoga (really)

6 posts in this topic

After coming across a number of good spiritual practices on this forum I thought why not share my own go-to exercise. I'm calling this Fox Yoga because foxes are incredibly cute animals (also fluffy). 

This is a combination of several different practices into one (Kundalini yoga, Leo's shamanic breathing, and self-inquiry). It might be a bit too complex for neophytes but it's not too difficult and the benefits are immense.

The benefits of this practice are:

• Quietens the mind
  • Induces surrender
  • Arouses and may even fully activate Kundalini
  • Immediately improves your mood
  • Makes you blissful and loving after a while
  • And if you keep at it long enough and with enough intensity you'll self-realize.

What you need:

• A nice atmosphere. I prefer dimmed lights, a comfy mattress/comforter, and a good pillow.
  • Some sort of relaxed music with a stead rhythm. Just google 'tribal drum music'.
  • A glass of water
  • A rudimentary understanding of the general location of the chakras in the body.

You'll be doing this initially for 20-30 minutes. As you get better at it, you can increase the time to as long as you want. 

1. First, drink that glass of water and make sure your throat is empty of phlegm. Spit all out. 
  2. Lie down on your back and get as comfortable as you can. If you want, you can put a pillow under your back to expose your chest outwards as much as you can without it hurting you. This is not necessary but it's helpful if you are dealing with the heart chakra.
  3. Start that timer and play your music.
  4. The practice is to breath into your diaphragm with your mouth and let it out the same way. You know you are doing it right when it's your belly that raises and falls instead of your chest. Try to stay in rhythm with the music. Ideally, the length of you breathing in and breathing out should be as equal as possible. Also, don't hurt yourself breathing. You don't have to fully inhale/exhale. That doesn't mean you should breath shallow breaths either. Fill your belly, but don't hurt yourself.
  5. Now once you got into the rhythm, begin focusing your attention on the root chakra (Muladhara). Just imagine you are breathing into this spot which is at the base of spine, a few inches inside the body (in the perineum). Imagine a force expanding and contracting there. At first you might not be able to do this properly, but just try your best. Really feel into the spot and sense it expand/contract. It's easier than it sounds because that's how a chakra behaves when you regulate prana (which you are doing by breathing rhythmically).
  6. Do this for a bit and then move on to the next chakra, and make your way all the way to the Ajna chakra (the third eye chakra). You'll be going through chakras from bottom to top in this order: root>sacral>solar plexus>heart>throat>third eye>crown.
  7. Since the Sahasrara (the crown chakra) is not actually in the body, imagine your entire skull expanding and contracting with each breath cycle. Again, don't worry if this is hard to imagine, just keep at it. It'll come to you quickly. Eventually, you want to imagine your entire head being filled with white light, but that might take a long time. Don't worry about it, but keep it in mind. 
  8. Work your way back to the root chakra, going through each energy center again. 
  9. Repeat.

Tips:

• Find a rhythm that works for you. Music really helps regulating the breath cycle, but I think different people like different rhythms better. Experiment.
  • If you have some inkling of what the term "I am" really means, you can repeat that as a mantra when breathing. Say "I" on the in-breath and "Am" on the out breath. Don't go with other mantras if you don't understand them. There is not point in repeating Sivoham (I am Siva) if you do not know what that even means. 
  • If you catch your mind daydreaming in the mids of all this (and yes, the mind might be able to do so even with all this juggling) then use self-inquiry. Ask who am I and keep with the ensuing silence.

dfb4f3bc70bc6e2741cd6b573fb584e0.jpg

ezgif-5-d78e491a2998.png

That's not Fox Yoga.

Real Fox Yoga is a yoga studio full of smokin hot girls ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Reading the thread title I thought Fox News had started doing guided morning Yoga. 

6 hours ago, SFRL said:

Reading the thread title I thought Fox News had started doing guided morning Yoga. 

Lololol an enlightened Fox News