kieranperez

Pursuing Consciousness by Peter Ralston (10/10)

7 posts in this topic

The title for this book should be:

”Pursuing Consciousness - Going from realizing you’re not your self to killing your self, to forgetting there was never a self”

All kidding aside, as with all of Ralstons books, this is deep. This is extremely. I say this all the time but I can’t emphasize this enough. What makes Ralston so hard to read is that he’s so clear...

What most people don’t know is that an enlightenment doesn’t free you from self necessarily/more often than not.

Your identity tends then come back and you cognize your true nature... that doesn’t mean the operating self function though is gone. Nor does that diminish your realization. This is just a different matter. 

This book goes into post enlightenment experience development. Literally transform yourself... including being of self entirely. 

I appreciate the clarity of how this is different from direct consciousness because it’s one thing to become directly conscious of a matter. It’s an entirely different ballpark to abide in that and be free from self completely. 

Ralston goes into the brutal practice that goes into true reality of mastering emotions, the principles and mechanics of maybe creating an entirely new self from scratch. Did you get what I just said? How you change the entire way of being that you’re presently operating under as you read this. Deconstructing that whole thing entire thing and creating something new... that’s what this book is about.

He goes into the importance of true honesty and what that is, giving up manipulation towards others and yourself, the traps and pitfalls and how to stay on track. 

READ THIS BOOK & EVERY SENTENCE SLOW

GRASP WHAT HE’S TRYING TO REALLY COMMUNICATE...

Then get to work. 

You really motivate me to read Ralston :) Thank you for that. 

By the way, do you know what is his view on authenticity, what it is? I understand it as that, which arises from nothingness (no biases, no beliefs etc...), but maybe he goes more in-depth in his books?

10 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

You really motivate me to read Ralston :) Thank you for that. 

By the way, do you know what is his view on authenticity, what it is? I understand it as that, which arises from nothingness (no biases, no beliefs etc...), but maybe he goes more in-depth in his books?

Authenticity is relative to one’s character. 

I wouldn’t call it a view (I’m not referring to Ralston here). Authenticity is about authentically relating to whatever is true of one’s current experience on the most honest level. It just so happens that the more free you are from identifying as your self experience, the deeper and more honest you can be. 

Authenticity, though it sounds nice is extremely and very tough. Honesty is a practice that is way beyond 99.9999% people’s capacity to do... particularly with oneself. Your fighting your survival... understand what that entails.

@kieranperez  i have this book with me, but havent read because i thought i should read it after Book of not knowing  (which i dont have money now to buy). So is it better read it after book of not knowing or will it be ok to read it before.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 27/04/2019 at 4:14 AM, kieranperez said:

The title for this book should be:

”Pursuing Consciousness - Going from realizing you’re not your self to killing your self, to forgetting there was never a self”

All kidding aside, as with all of Ralstons books, this is deep. This is extremely. I say this all the time but I can’t emphasize this enough. What makes Ralston so hard to read is that he’s so clear...

What most people don’t know is that an enlightenment doesn’t free you from self necessarily/more often than not.

Your identity tends then come back and you cognize your true nature... that doesn’t mean the operating self function though is gone. Nor does that diminish your realization. This is just a different matter. 

This book goes into post enlightenment experience development. Literally transform yourself... including being of self entirely. 

I appreciate the clarity of how this is different from direct consciousness because it’s one thing to become directly conscious of a matter. It’s an entirely different ballpark to abide in that and be free from self completely. 

Ralston goes into the brutal practice that goes into true reality of mastering emotions, the principles and mechanics of maybe creating an entirely new self from scratch. Did you get what I just said? How you change the entire way of being that you’re presently operating under as you read this. Deconstructing that whole thing entire thing and creating something new... that’s what this book is about.

He goes into the importance of true honesty and what that is, giving up manipulation towards others and yourself, the traps and pitfalls and how to stay on track. 

READ THIS BOOK & EVERY SENTENCE SLOW

GRASP WHAT HE’S TRYING TO REALLY COMMUNICATE...

Then get to work. 

Thank you Friend

Got my copy in the mail from Amazon yesterday!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn