Aldo

Lana Del Ray gets it

37 posts in this topic

It you take a look at the lyrics of her song born to die you can see how she is expressing her devotion to the ultimate and her desire for liberation. What do you guys thing is she a realy a spiritual seeker or just a needy girl starving for attention?

Well I´m not sure if his songs are usually about spiritual truth but his vibe is definetely holistic-dreamy-psychedelic anyway what im saying im just projecting my mindimagination into his image O.oxD

She's the real deal. The lyrics to just about all her songs are spot on. 

Know what the guy in the video has tattooed across his head? "War inside my head" 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

My bad guys now that im actualy listenting to the song i see how she is just being needy. But the title holds a spiritual truth that we are not born for a concrete reason, it is just that she is a little bit deluted or misguided. Lana is a great artist, she has the courage to be authentic and highly dedicated to her work. Above all she s kinda cute.

@Etherial Cat She knows exactly what she is doing. Marilyn Monroe is even a theme in her work. She's a brilliant artist. 

We can't pick and chose what is spiritual and what isn't with non-duality. Either everything is sacred or nothing is. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Etherial Cat @mandyjw  Lana is a tricy one to understand. I found another artist who is definetly nondual. Machine Gun Kelly at his song alpha omega he comunicates the coming together of dualities alpha-omega, male-female, good and bad. Deffinetly enlightened and a true teacher.

@Etherial Cat It doesn't sound non dual but the ego is the "chooser" so it says Notre Dame is sacred but McDonald's is not. So it's more true to say that either both are sacred, or both are not. Does that make sense? Of course they are both sacred and not sacred at the same time but the problem arises when we say one is and one is not. 

Edited by mandyjw

23 hours ago, Aldo said:

It you take a look at the lyrics of her song born to die you can see how she is expressing her devotion to the ultimate and her desire for liberation. What do you guys thing is she a realy a spiritual seeker or just a needy girl starving for attention?

This art is really close to spirituality.

There’s no such thing as something “not being spiritual” “not nondual” all the lies and falsehood, pretending, etc. are still all truths. 

Understand that we don’t need some super enlightened culture per say.

To think that some music celebrity is a genuine spiritual seeker deconstructing her entire self, character, meditating hardcore, doing legit disciplined yoga, etc. is just completely unrealistic and honesty very unlikely. 

You can have spiritual ideation and desire but that is not the same as actually seeking. Lots of people through stuff like God, the Absolute, etc. around but that doesn’t mean that isn’t coming from fantasy. Nor is that a some wrong on their end. They don’t know. Period. End of story. 

Understand that you are interpreting her lyrics that way because you’re looking at this through a “spiritual lens”. Someone else listening to this could interpret this totally different. The idea that Lana Del Ray is some enlightened celebrity in the closet, writing songs on nonduality as cryptic messages to people as though it were some sort of twist from a Zen masters koan is just an idle fantasy as far as I’m concerned. 

Its one thing for example to write songs about how we’re literally all One because we have a bunch of ideas about that. It’s a totally other thing when you realize that the very couch or spider that bites you on the neck is literally the same One. 

@kieranperez you'r right but thats not the point. The thing is that im looking for artists that are conscious about enlightenment and are consciously singing about nonduality.

Like this guys for example that have some grasping of true union. Look at the meaning behind the lyrics. They sing about true compassion and and becoming humble. Not everyone who is that fameous is humble enough to be devoted to the low life. In a sense they are doing what Jesus did.

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

@kieranperez you'r right but thats not the point. The thing is that im looking for artists that are conscious about enlightenment and are consciously singing about nonduality.

Like this guys for example that have some grasping of true union. Look at the meaning behind the lyrics. They sing about true compassion and and becoming humble. Not everyone who is that fameous is humble enough to be devoted to the low life. In a sense they are doing what Jesus did.

Okay... yes. There are SOME artists in mainstream culture who are aware of eblightenment... even then though I wouldn’t call them mainstream either. Artists like Alex Grey, he’s a great example of someone whose perfectly aware of enlightenment. However, he himself had admitted that he’s never had any sort of enlightenment experience. He’s had glimpses and tastes of God on LSD but that’s really about it. 

Again, that’s not anything against Alex Grey. I love people like that. They’re art work is amazing and is inspiring.

Having said that... there’s a huge fucking  difference between talking about oneness, unity, etc. and actually KNOWING it. This is often just lip service to the Truth. Again, nothing wrong with that. Just be aware that it is only lip service, fantasy, and heresay for most people in culture who talk about it because even their ideas about it is still dualistic and metaphorical (despite them saying they mean it “literally”). 

I’m not trying to belittle anything but even the idea that Future knows anything about enlightenment is just funny LOL. If you think those guys know a damn thing worth anything about nonduality... lol yeah I don’t know what to tell you other than no. LOL the idea that Future is doing what Jesus did is honestly funny. That’s like calling LeBron James a mystic as far as I’m concerned lol. 

Having compassion and being humble really doesn’t have much to do with nondual realization. Those are side-effects. You can meet people in your neighborhood that have good character, integrity, humility, and a solid amount of compassion. 

Keeping your seeking and expectations of nonduality grounded man. 

Don't mistake a gimmick for something more than it is.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

In the 1990s there was a trip-hop artist Forest for the Trees whose album was entirely about spiritual seeking, meditation and non-duality.  Blatantly so.  Probably the most "spiritual" musical act since Yes.  

Everyone talking here like LDR had a choice in the music she makes and what she thinks. If 'you' like it, 'you' just do. If 'you' don't, 'you' don't. Just how it is.

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

Don't mistake a gimmick for something more than it is.

@Preetom That's ironic coming from you, when you are the one who found me out.  xD You're good at seeing gimmicks aren't you? 

Don't mistake the holy grail for a gimmick. 

54 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Preetom That's ironic coming from you, when you are the one who found me out.  xD You're good at seeing gimmicks aren't you? 

Don't mistake the holy grail for a gimmick. 

The holy grail cant talk. It dreams up a gimmick to talk about this stuff 

The self masturbation theory by Leo xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Which masturbation theory are we talking about? The one that says there is no duality between sex and masturbation? Because that's the most recent one he talked about which sticks in my mind.  xD

You think Lana Del Rey is hot but you don't want to admit it. Men have been taught not to lose themselves in the Siren's songs. Go spend your life as a miserable grumpy old sailor, hunting your white whale, Captain Ahab.