Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oMarcos

Stanley Kubrick and the Truth on 2001 Space Odyssey

4 posts in this topic

This has been crossing my mind lately, is this an accurate representation of pure consciousness ? 

between 0h35 and 3h20

also amazing that something like this came out in1968...

Edited by oMarcos

7 hours ago, oMarcos said:

This has been crossing my mind lately, is this an accurate representation of pure consciousness ? 

No, it's a movie with trippy special effects that were wayyyyy ahead of its time. A visionary movie, one of the greatest ever made. But it is not "accurate" to anything but itself. Would you say it's an accurate portrayal of the first weapon/tool used on Earth by a chimp? Would you say it's an accurate portrayal of space craft and space travel? Would you say it's an accurate portrayal of advanced AI?

2001 is a lot of things, but "accurate" isn't one of them. Just enjoy it for what it is, a beautiful, genius work of art that speaks to something greater. 

To answer your question though, look around you right now. This experience is pure consciousness. You've never known anything but pure consciousness, because that is all there is.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

No, it's a movie with trippy special effects that were wayyyyy ahead of its time. A visionary movie, one of the greatest ever made. But it is not "accurate" to anything but itself. Would you say it's an accurate portrayal of the first weapon/tool used on Earth by a chimp? Would you say it's an accurate portrayal of space craft and space travel? Would you say it's an accurate portrayal of advanced AI?

2001 is a lot of things, but "accurate" isn't one of them. Just enjoy it for what it is, a beautiful, genius work of art that speaks to something greater. 

To answer your question though, look around you right now. This experience is pure consciousness. You've never known anything but pure consciousness, because that is all there is.

yeah I use to be a very passionate filmmker when i was younger and Stanley was my inspiration, he could really add depth to his art. I would of love to have spoke with him regarding his opinion on consciousness, I don't think he knew much about it despite being a very intelligent man who had a thirst for knowledge.  

Disco light show = absolute godhead. I always inquire with some Abba in the background. Great movie, though.