Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zunnyman

Can consciousness work make you more deluded?

13 posts in this topic

I have been doing this for years now, and although i have a lot of cool out of the ordinary phenomena happen, i feel like I understand reality less. A lot of things make less sense now. When I observe the monkey mind it is often trying to figure out various aspects of reality, and I just observe that, but then I don’t know why I should be observing that. Like who says observing my thoughts is even important? Or like often I don’t know what to pursue, or why I am pursuing what I am pursuing or why I should be doing anything at all? Who do I listen to? Who do I trust? I hope some of this is making sense, but essentially I am just trying to say that things are making less and less sense the more I do this work. Paradoxically, my levels of peace are going more and more up, as I just accept all this, yet I don’t know why I am accepting. Sorry if this all just sounds like monkey mind lmao Im just trying to figure life out (on a non-thought level) 

Part of me is just wondering if that whole post is monkey mind ^ and if I should just shut up and do the work, but then I wonder why even do the work, who says i have to do that (okay to make my life better) but then why try to make my life better? What is sort of the point of it? 

It can, but anything can make you more deluded.

I do not want to put all this work in one bracket, there can be many reasons why someone could be doing it, but if I would have to chose term it would be for peace of mind.

Judging by the fact that you are going into delusion question I would suggest to not take this work so serious and focus on what is working, actually working not some ideas that you might have that could be true , or wrong and make you question if you are deluded, not saying that you should not have them, but for everything that you can't be certain about leave at your own theory side if you want to define it like it.

Also if you will contemplate on what is "makes sense", you will realize that nothing really makes sense, just another trap of what we accept as norm. 

Sounds like youre going in the right direction. Reality is collapsing. Mu!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@zunnyman Read Leo's 2nd latest blog post, the quote. You are on the right path ?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I already had the same thought, mostly comparing myself with others and thinking "they seem to have more fun than me, and I'm losing my time doing nothing " but then I go deeper and realize that this work doesn't need to be in conflict with whatever we might think, it's a tool to live by, not like we need cease to take care of ourselves or being nice to our family or dating. And for me is also like, "Am I become just a boring person" but that's just another dualistic thought puting me on a bad spot.  Ajust your "down to earth goals" with consciousness work, instead of thinking that everything is pointless and in the end what really mattters is to be one with god, because we still need to eat and sleep at the end of day...

"By a misperception of emptiness a person of little intelligence is destroyed. Like a snake incorrectly seized."

— Nagarjuna

The ego-mind will most-definitely misinterpret truth. Ignorance cannot help being ignorant. You can count on that.

By understanding this you will be a little less likely to do it. But you will still not be immune.

You must be careful and study many high-quality sources, and think for yourself.

Also understand that mistakes are part of the process. No one walks the spiritual path without making some mistakes. Trial and error is how we grow. The key is to stay vigilant enough to correct yourself. You need to have enough theory under your belt to know when you've veered off course.

It's okay to be a bit deluded here or there so long as you know what the right course ultimately is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sometimes I think I am deluded so I just chill out for a bit. But I always come back to the path.

I am also somewhat comforted from Oneness experiences that lead me to believe that it ultimately doesn't matter what I do or don't do. Energy never dies, it just changes.

@Leo Gura But after honestly asking myself, I don’t want enlightenment right now. What I want is emotional mastery right now. In that case would reading everything, but non-dual theory suffice, in terms of getting back on course? 

No.

But it can make you aware of how deluded you already are.

@ivankiss lmao i like how you put that. Can definitely confirm that from personal experience.

9 minutes ago, zunnyman said:

@Leo Gura But after honestly asking myself, I don’t want enlightenment right now. What I want is emotional mastery right now. In that case would reading everything, but non-dual theory suffice, in terms of getting back on course? 

There cannot be emotional mastery without enlightenment. Emotional mastery is even harder than enlightenment.

But if you just want to do some basic self-help stuff and work on emotional issues, yes, you can do that. You ain't gonna be anywhere near understanding the true nature of emotions. But it can be helpful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.