kieranperez

Don't Be Afraid To Relearn The Basics

10 posts in this topic

As I'm getting more clear on the magnitude of my Life Purpose through a somewhat recent LSD trip the other day, I've had time to reflect on what I really want  to do with my life, which is still very abstract and will still probably require more psychedelic introspection and utilization of maybe coaching and workshops in the future. 

However, when I really realized the magnitude of what my life is really about and what "God wants from my life" and what I must become as a vehicle in order to bring that forth... I'm really starting to look back on the importance of relearning and getting the basics down, especially since my Life Purpose is very much metaphysically oriented. What do I mean by "the basics"? I mean things like:

• Having a positive attitude
  • Telling the truth as best as one reasonably can
  • Building optimism 
  • Getting down basic productivity
  • Having a healthy relationship to one's financial life
  • Having good communication skills
  • Being able to hold eye contact in a conversation
  • Developing strong yet authentic (as possible) social skills
  • Finishing small things 
  • Utilizing common sense
  • Practice decision making
  • Develop discipline
  • Develop integrity
  • Cultivate self-esteem

I could expand this list more but I think the message is being made clear. 

The more I realize what my Life Purpose is and what I want the more I'm realizing the basic ground I have to cover first. It's very easy to get lost in enlightenment, God, being very metaphysically goal oriented, and having an impact on the world that you're passionate about. However, take some time to really be honest with yourself and ask "is this what I need to be doing right now?" For some of us on here, it is time to go into a cave and meditate (or whatever path you personally need to take that will lead to your ultimate liberation). 

One thing psychedelics have shown me and have allowed to for me bring forth is the realization that I am very metaphysically oriented and what not. However, I'm also a very "impure" vehicle that can't hold the work that's required for that, not to mention that I haven't arranged my life in such a way where I even can... and I know I'm not alone on that here. Get that other stuff handled. There may be resistance to it but how is that resistance to more basic matters of life any different to the resistance you feel as you're trying to awaken? Getting those other areas handled helps with dealing with more "higher challenges" because you've laid a foundation that will help you blossom more. Awakening without thorough development is like training for a 50 mile ultra-marathon in 5 weeks. Yeah you can run it but it's probably going to be a mess of a race. Take your time and cultivate a more developed and healthy character as you go along. Having a more robust, resilient, strong, healthy character is the real steroids for awakening. You're not going to awaken to the deepest levels or even be able to go through what that might take with little to no character/backbone. Even if somehow you have a massive awakening, you still won't be able to hold it. 

Take a step back and don't be afraid to be cultivate a beginner's mind to your life. 

Thriving in Being stems from mastering the fundamentals

There are myriad degrees to comprehension 

Three basics every human should have nailed first and foremost:

1. Posture

2. Breath

3. Hydration / Nutrition  

Xxxx

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@kieranperez @SoothedByRain But also you should be ambitious about spirituality. Use your stage Orange success-driven mentality on spirituality. Try to succeed on enlightenment. This will help you work very hard on the practices.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Sahil Pandit Yeah, same with me.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

15 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

@kieranperez Can I ask what you would describe your life purpose as if you had to, in a sentence, paragraph or essay I don't mind aha.

I'm just genuinely interested and it might help you clarify yourself.

I’ll PM you. Honestly don’t want that answer flaring up this thread lol.

11 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@kieranperez @SoothedByRain But also you should be ambitious about spirituality. Use your stage Orange success-driven mentality on spirituality. Try to succeed on enlightenment. This will help you work very hard on the practices.

Firstly, I wouldn’t really classify myself that much in Orange. 

Secondly, enlightenment is not a “success”. It’s not an achievement. 

I get what you’re trying to put down though and it’s appreciated.

Keep in mind that this post isn’t really meant to be geared towards spirituality. 

You sounds like Leo... and yes, all of these are good advices :) Brutally changing a cultural environment also helps in better understanding the basis as it push us to be more adaptable.

Which stages would you classify yourself in?

35 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Secondly, enlightenment is not a “success”. It’s not an achievement. 

Depends of the perspective, in a sense it's a success as most enlightened people had to work really hard to obtain that. In another sense, it's just nothing ...

Edited by Raphael

7 hours ago, Raphael said:

Brutally changing a cultural environment also helps in better understanding the basis as it push us to be more adaptable.

You can’t change culture until you charge yourself. Period.

You sounds like Leo...

Don’t know if that’s a compliment but thanks anyways.

Which stages would you classify yourself in?

Do you think I’m going to indulge projections that easy? ;) 

Don’t worry about it.

Depends of the perspective, in a sense it's a success as most enlightened people had to work really hard to obtain that. In another sense, it's just nothing ...

I’m not saying don’t work hard for it. Work you’re ass off until you realize the Truth and don’t stop.

I’m saying it’s not something you get and that it’s not an achievement nor something you obtain. You can’t really pursue Truth without seeking from a ground sense of honesty and not bullshit yourself that you’re going to get something. Otherwise you’ll be sitting there waiting for an experience or for something to happen or whatever other imagination one has. 

A wise person who actually awakens pursues with the understanding that they don’t know what the Truth is, what it “means”, what “it will do” for them, etc. in yet they pursue hard anyways because there’s a glimmer of understanding that one can’t live not being conscious of what’s true. 

Edited by kieranperez

On 4/25/2019 at 7:35 PM, kieranperez said:

You can’t change culture until you charge yourself. Period.

I actually did it, and everything went like shit! I had to relearn the basis of relationships due to a cultural gap, and it also helped me be more adaptable, conscious and open-minded on other cultures.