Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Giulio Bevilacqua

Self Enquiry . SUBTLE sensation of "I"

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. 

When I practice self enquiry I come to a feeling/sensation of "i" that I indentify with, but that also can be seen . I think it's the I thought that Ramana Maharshi spoke about. 

It so a subtle feeling like a little energetic cloud very small that appears on the field of awareness . What is that ? Because it has no content like a thought. It's strange . Do you know what I'm speaking about ? 

25 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Hi everyone. 

When I practice self enquiry I come to a feeling/sensation of "i" that I indentify with, but that also can be seen . I think it's the I thought that Ramana Maharshi spoke about. 

It so a subtle feeling like a little energetic cloud very small that appears on the field of awareness . What is that ? Because it has no content like a thought. It's strange . Do you know what I'm speaking about ? 

Whatever you are aware of is NOT it. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

18 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Would you say that which is aware is it?

42 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

Would you say that which is aware is it?

If you want to find the source or the I AM then the source can’t be impermanent, whatever you are knows the feelings and subtle sensations or whatever you may call it and the feelings all come and go but not the knowing of them.

Edited by Rilles

26 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua Is a feeling , the ''conviction'' that you exists . What supports your existence as a separate self . It is not you , you are a belief . 

Yes it is so triky because it is very subtle very small and with no content . I do not know how to overcome it. I think it is the source of the Ego 

26 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua Is a feeling , the ''conviction'' that you exists . What supports your existence as a separate self . It is not you , you are a belief . 

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

2 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Hi everyone. 

Could it be 'the Witness' or the Watcher?

If so, by trying to describe or qualify it may only distort the experience of it. Maybe something to ponder.

Maybe? Maybe not?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

I do not know how to overcome it. I think it is the source of the Ego 

@Giulio Bevilacqua You cannot overcome it hahah . You are the source of it . You can say that this feeling is created by you too . Just look and see for what it is . Then , maybe you can ''overcome it'' .

Edited by tecladocasio

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

If so, by trying to describe or qualify it may only distort the experience of it. Maybe something to ponder.

Maybe? Maybe not?

No it is not the Watcher . It's a little energy wave that refers to be the i . I can observe it so I can not be that 

2 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

No it is not the Watcher . It's a little energy wave that refers to be the i . I can observe it so I can not be that 

where is it occurring? in the head? body?

@Rilles  diaphragm throat and head. I can't understand it . Its too strange 

22 minutes ago, Rilles said:

where is it occurring? in the head? body?

2 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Maybe? Maybe not?

30 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

@Rilles  diaphragm throat and head. I can't understand it . Its too strange 

Observe it until you realize it’s not you. B| S’all ya can do. 

@Giulio Bevilacqua you are referring the I feeling or the me feeling or the sense of separation.Thats what Identity is I guess.

Am I correct ?

@Rilles That has to go ? he is referring to the I feeling I guess.But I don't know how to get rid of that.It is always there except few moments of absence when deeply involved in some work or while watching a movie sometimes.People here refer that as flow I guess.

Idk what exactly you are talking about, can be many things,, but there are more then one clusters of ego in your mind that have  specific feel to it, like personalities that are more common to you depending on state of mind

30 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Rilles That has to go ? he is referring to the I feeling I guess.But I don't know how to get rid of that.It is always there except few moments of absence when deeply involved in some work or while watching a movie sometimes.People here refer that as flow I guess.

I’ve observed that my ego is in difference places depending on what I’m doing, its usually not behind the eyes unless I meditate or do self-inquiry. Mostly Im in the that ethereal thought-space... I dont know where thats located tbhxD

6 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua you are referring the I feeling or the me feeling or the sense of separation.Thats what Identity is I guess.

Am I correct ?

Yes correct