kieranperez

Dream Analysis?

26 posts in this topic

What do you look for when you review and log your dreams? 

@kieranperez I have a physical note book near my bed where i can get up and write if need be. If it's really important, i'll get up and jot the dream (lets say it's 2:58 am) in detail and then write a possible action step that i can do tomorrow. Often times, it's about a family member who needs my assistance or strength in a certain domain. 

Only people who think they are living in a dream need dream analysis.  Wake up and smell the coffee....

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

@kieranperez You may be interested in Robert Moss. He integrates dreams and spirituality well. In particular “Conscious Dreaming”

3 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Only people who think they are living in a dream need dream analysis.  Wake up and smell the coffee....

And here come the nondual keyboard warriors...

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@kieranperez You may be interested in Robert Moss. He integrates dreams and spirituality well. In particular “Conscious Dreaming”

Thanks! 

Serotoninluv, kieranperez, 

The vast majority of dreams (99.99%) are worthless mental junk.  Most of the rest are actually to do with outside (or inner) spirit entities that are out to manipulate and control their host, according to their own, hidden, agendas - though not always.  But how would you necessarily know?  Are you aware that there are evil spirits in the unseen realm, just as there are evil people in this earthly realm?

Happy searching....

Andrea  

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

@Soul-lover 2020 There are no evil others, entities, spirits, etc. It's all you. Period. End of story. If you think those "evil" entities are other than you then you're succumbing to your own mind's delusion. It's One.

And you're plenty "evil" as it is ;) 

32 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@Soul-lover 2020 There are no evil others, entities, spirits, etc. It's all you. Period. End of story. If you think those "evil" entities are other than you then you're succumbing to your own mind's delusion. It's One.

And you're plenty "evil" as it is ;) 

First of all, I'm not evil.

Secondly, spirit entities are real.  I once heard one laugh at me.  It wasn't friendly. 

So, thirdly, evil is as real as good.  And there are people who give off negative "vibes", as well as people who give off positive "vibes".

Fourthly, I am NOT everything.  I'm my own person.

Fifthly, I'm a realist, NOT a delusional fantasist.

And lastly, we're not One, otherwise we would have known it from conception, and this planet would be a peaceful and beautiful - utopian - paradise.  Instead, it and humanity are in a state of crisis.     

You can't seriously disprove these facts.  Period.

THE END

25 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Serotoninluv, kieranperez, the vast majority of dreams (99.99%) are worthless mental junk. 

In your reality that appears to be true. Yet I would not accept that statement as a universal objective truth. 

56 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

In your reality that appears to be true. Yet I would not accept that statement as a universal objective truth. 

Okay, Serotoninluv.  But my reality is only a small part of the greater reality of all things.  If you cannot accept what I'm saying as being a "universal objective truth", or a part of it, then why not?  I'm puzzled,

Andrea

2 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Okay, Serotoninluv.  But my reality is only a small part of the greater reality of all things.  If you cannot accept what I'm saying as being a "universal objective truth", or a part of it, then why not?  I'm puzzled,

Andrea

Notice how the extra change you added completely re-contextualizes my statement. I did not say I don't accept your claim as part of a larger reality. In fact I explicitly said it is a relative truth. It is a partial truth within a more expansive holistic Truth. Therefore, it is not a universal objective truth.

Serotoninluv,

You didn't explicitly say that what I said was "a relative truth".  What you did say was this: "In your reality that appears to be true. Yet I would not accept that statement as a universal objective truth."  In the first sentence, you were inferring that I was not making a valid observation, even though I have dreamed many dreams during my 52+ years on this Earth.  And if dreams were generally of true importance, then societies - as well as individuals - would be guided by them, and the human race would benefit from them.  There's no proof of that.  The imagination is usually only useful when one is awake.

My dreams have NEVER benefited me, so I ignore them. 

Andrea

3 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

You didn't explicitly say that what I said was "a relative truth".  What you did say was this: "In your reality that appears to be true.

In the first sentence, you were inferring that I was not making a valid observation

I am not making that inference. My first sentence saying that what appears to you as true is the same thing as if I said it is a relative truth to you. I am saying your observations are true relative to you and your experience. Yet, your observations are personal and cannot be extrapolated as universal objective truths. 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Fourthly, I am NOT everything.  I'm my own person.

Your liver is a separate entity and your heart is a whole another entity, they are their own entity, but each of them is ultimately you :)

Edited by Pacific Sage
Correcting grammatical error

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Has anyone in the forum experienced any Déjà vu from dreams? 

I have a feeling dreams can be more relevant or worth analyzing once one starts connecting with the cosmic consciousnesses. I have had few unusual dreams ever since I have started my spiritual path.

Would it be helpful if I started working on jotting and analyzing my dreams? 

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I'm not doing it right now though would be interesting to...

I like dreamwork of LLewellyn Vaughan-Lee (successor of Irina Tweddie):
- https://goldensufi.org/a_HP_Dreams_Reconnecting_Sacred.html
- https://goldensufi.org/a_sufi_dreamwork.html
- Books: for example "Catching the Thread: Sufism, Dreamwork, & Jungian Psychology" and "In the Company of Friends: Dreamwork within a Sufi Group"

This is very relevant, and I almost forgot about the video until now. Guy claims to have developed a consistent precognitive dreaming ability after he once took Lorazepam. Disregard the 'MGTOW' label in the title here, not what the video is about.

I had a dream that a racoon entered my house and I fed it cinnamon buns then it bit my hand. Anyone know what it means? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@kieranperez i look for the emotional aspect of the dream, and the message emotions are communicating.

journal helps with memory, even tho you just write "no memory".

a way to analyze dreams is from within > check book "are you dreaming?" by daniel love

Edited by Soulbass