nistake

Human characteristics and qualities

8 posts in this topic

Do you guys think that certain human characteristics and qualities are wired intro the brain from the moment of birth?

For example, my cousin has a son and he's like 3-4 years old and already really talkitive and likes to be the center of the attention. My cousin isn't like that and her husband is quite introverted. So it got me thinking. Where did that little boy get this kind of behaviour? When I was a child, I remember that I wasn't like that at all. I've been always a quiet kid. I'm not saying this is a problem, I'm just wondering where I got that quiet/shy behaviour from? (Of course, I'm not ruling out the possibility of parenting, influences of other kids, etc).

Another example is Leo. He said in one of his videos that he was an introvert by nature.

What's your opinion?

@nistake Every creature has a unique personality. Do not confuse this primordial personality with ego or with social conditioning. This primordial personality will remain even after total enlightenment.

Even cats and dogs have these primordial personalities. No two cats have an identical personality.

Because every brain is unique, just like every computer hard drive is unique.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

We're influenced by both our genes and the environment. Hell, according to epigenetics, our genes can change according to the environment. Not the structure of those genes themselves, but the expression of them.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

22 hours ago, nistake said:

@Leo Gura Is there any way to find out what personality trait comes from primordial personality and from ego?

Get rid of the ego and see what remains ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Well yeah, that's the plan in the future, but right now I'm working on some basic self-development stuff. I don't want to get ahead of myself :D

Anyway, thanks for the answers!

12 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Leo Gura What is ego then? I thought it is your personality.

A big sticky mess of thoughts, beliefs , and sensations about who you think you are.

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart.