AncestorOfAisle6

Procrastination, fear and restistance.

10 posts in this topic

What are some ways to overcome these feelings when you have to do the stuff that need to be done?

1 hour ago, AncestorOfAisle6 said:

What are some ways to overcome these feelings when you have to do the stuff that need to be done?

Me to i am dealing it , i thought i have adhd, now i realize it is the resistance, i have a strong resistanceeeee

Let me motivate you. Overcoming resistance is a form of spirituality. It is also a form of meditation.

Whenever you find yourself distracted or procrastinating, gently bring you focus back to what you can be doing. It is a form of meditation.

This is efficient because you can meditate and work at the same time in this way.

Day to day stomach breathing and choosing a better, and true for you, thought. It’s cumulative for a very long time. 

Bigger picture, stop thinking in terms of ‘overcoming feelings’, and consider allowing them to go full bloom. 

Inspiration, synergistic energy, effortlessness, nondoership, allowing, witnessing, being the observer, knowing the being, etc. 

Slow down and inspect what unfolds which leads into those three feelings. Thought  / perspective of avoidance. What is it which is actually being avoided?

You can also contemplate....precisely why & how is it that this stuff needs to be done”? Keep tracing it back...discover the primal root of all of this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

From what I can sense about your history, you probably need to go through some past traumas and come to terms with them rather than acting. Just pushing yourself to act isn't going to do much.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

Day to day stomach breathing and choosing a better, and true for you, thought. It’s cumulative for a very long time. 

Bigger picture, stop thinking in terms of ‘overcoming feelings’, and consider allowing them to go full bloom. 

Inspiration, synergistic energy, effortlessness, nondoership, allowing, witnessing, being the observer, knowing the being, etc. 

Slow down and inspect what unfolds which leads into those three feelings. Thought  / perspective of avoidance. What is it which is actually being avoided?

You can also contemplate....precisely why & how is it that this stuff needs to be done”? Keep tracing it back...discover the primal root of all of this. 

I like what you said, sounds like top class advice and i am going to do it for myself as well. I am looking for a guided meditation for this if you know of one or maybe just some meditation instructions or a link to some meditation would be great, if you know one.

Thanks Nahm :)

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

On 23-4-2019 at 10:41 AM, WaterfallMachine said:

From what I can sense about your history, you probably need to go through some past traumas and come to terms with them rather than acting. Just pushing yourself to act isn't going to do much.

How can you sense my history through a forum post?

Having a good productive system usually fix procrastination.

what helped me was to know exactly how much work I had to do and then do no more than that. It can also be a way of your brain telling you you have a bad plan according to cal Newport For fear I think the best thing you can do is fully feel it and for resistance is probably figure out why you are resisting.

@AncestorOfAisle6 I recommend you take a look at this article by Mark Manson. Also, I think his content is very good in general

https://markmanson.net/why-you-procrastinate

It's funny because I'm currently contemplating procrastination and it's relationships with fear, pain, and resistance. You can do this yourself, and I'm learning a lot.

I also suggest you look deeply into Peter Ralston's work. For instance, in the book of not knowing you find a chapter about emotions. There is a section dedicated to fear that you could spend a lot of time on. If you're into contemplation, you should read Consciousness Dialogues and Reflections on Being.

One thing that I noticed is that when you're procrastinating you're creating pain and at the same time you're creating resistance. I'm still investigating these mechanics, but you can isolate those in you're experience and realize, to some degree, that you're doing them and then, sort of stop doing them by letting them go (which requires some training and experimentation). So one way to stop procrastinating is changing your relationship to pain and resistance. In Consciousness Dialogues Question 3 you find something about this

Other resources I recommend are John Vervaeke's series on Cognitive Science, where he talks about insight, identity, perspectival and participatory knowing (one way to understand the importance of direct experience), among other things.

Finally, I recommend having an organized life overall.

Ask yourself why? "Why don't I want to do it?"  "Why not do it?"

When you come up with a reason ask, "Why do I want to do that instead?"

Deconstruct that for a while.