Farnaby

Non-Duality and Veganism

181 posts in this topic

@now is forever I love Rich Roll and Dave Asprey both. They are both well worth listening to and give great advice. How can that be? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Sure, but you can leave out the worst things. The question is just where you draw the line.

Hitler thought it was ok to kill 17 million innocent people. So his line was drawn quite high up.

Most people have a line which is lower down. For example that innocent animals are ok to kill.

My line is still lower down.

For me is about balance, if you can live as vegetarian without having problems it is a way I would go , it is about anything really, if you can take action that will be less harmful for everyone involved it is a way to go, I am certainly against animal abuse in food industry and if you are meat eater I would at least try to buy food from providers who let animals  live in more free environment. 

23 minutes ago, now is forever said:

no it’s not a religion it’s a philosophy and  it’s spirituality and it’s art.

Not all Buddhists are vegetarians! 

Edited by purerogue

13 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Sure, but you can leave out the worst things. The question is just where you draw the line.

Hitler thought it was ok to kill 17 million innocent people. So his line was drawn quite high up.

Most people have a line which is lower down. For example that innocent animals are ok to kill.

My line is still lower down.

well the weird thing about it is that hitler was vegetarian - so the question really is with this guy, how messed up was his spirituality. it’s not that a vegetarian is a better human towards human it’s not that vegetarianism buys one free from doing really bad stuff. but it’s also not that being nice to human buys us free from really bad stuff.

karma is karma - and it happens if we take part in it or not - but we can change our karma. it’s really recommendable.

Edited by now is forever

13 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@mandyjw do you want to eat them?

xD The same rule applies as it does to eating my dog. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw well yeah i thought so. that would also answer to who would be the predator on the boat.

that‘s why i like veggies more. at least they would leave me alive.

Edited by now is forever

13 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Wow, that's weird. I didn't know Hitler was a vegetarian.

yup, the most blood thirsty vegetarian of history.

maybe because after all his cruelty he couldn’t stomach meat. somewhere the psyche would just completely rebel i guess. also he didn’t do the killing himself.

Edited by now is forever

56 minutes ago, now is forever said:

well the weird thing about it is that hitler was vegetarian - so the question really is with this guy, how messed up was his spirituality. it’s not that a vegetarian is a better human towards human it’s not that vegetarianism buys one free from doing really bad stuff. but it’s also not that being nice to human buys us free from really bad stuff.

I have seen realize bizarre forms of spirituality/ veganism where people worship animals and despise humans. They recognize the ego in humans and hate it, not knowing it's themselves that they truly hate, not others. 

Cows are truly holy. That's why you must eat them. 

16 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I have seen realize bizarre forms of spirituality/ veganism where people worship animals and despise humans. They recognize the ego in humans and hate it, not knowing it's themselves that they truly hate, not others. 

Cows are truly holy. That's why you must eat them. 

said the little devil. xD

i have seen bizarr forms of meat eaters where people worship themselves so much they don’t recognize they love their own ego beyond any other life form and call it compassion. 

pure self compassion.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever Spiritual work is being able to flip flop on every issue. 

Who are you? Are you in touch with all your darkest fantasies? Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them? I have. I am fucking crazy. But I am free. 

16 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Hi everyone!

There's a question that has been on my mind for a long time since I got interested in spirituality, buddhism, etc:
If duality is just an illusion and everything is just One or actually everything just "is", why kill (or pay others to kill) animals in order to eat when it's not necessary? 

I read that buddhists aren't necessarily vegetarian or vegan because they often get their food from other people and it would be disrespectful to refuse food just because it's meat or fish. That sounds like a good reason. But what about everyone else who doesn't live like a buddhist monk and actually goes to the supermarket to choose their food?

Wouldn't it be more coherent with the whole "idea" of unconditional love, acceptance, respect, etc., to avoid killing (especially in the way it's done nowadays in the food industry) unless necessary?

I'd really appreciate reading your point of view on this matter :)

Thank you!

@Farnaby There seems to be an assumption that taking the life of an animal for food is "bad". That is just an opinion.

I am not opposed to ending a chicken's life early in a humane way. I am opposed to causing unnecessary suffering for the chicken. Death is not always synonymous with suffering.

People have this obsession with death as "bad" because they are identified with their own bodies.

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@now is forever Spiritual work is being able to flip flop on every issue. 

Who are you? Are you in touch with all your darkest fantasies? Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them? I have. I am fucking crazy. But I am free. 

you are doing great with shadow work. not only for me ;) i‘hope i can do the same for you. you show me where i am still a hypocrite and i do the same for you. little sausage ?

i‘m just mean.

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

you are doing great with shadow work. not only for me ;) i‘hope i can do the same for you. you show me where i am still a hypocrite and i do the same for you. little sausage ?

i‘m just mean.

xD

Ok. You're playing the part of a pious goody two shoes. I'm playing the part of a whore. I'll teach you how to have a good time if you'll teach me how to have some self respect. 

20 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Farnaby There seems to be an assumption that taking the life of an animal for food is "bad". That is just an opinion.

I am not opposed to ending a chicken's life early in a humane way. I am opposed to causing unnecessary suffering for the chicken. Death is not always synonymous with suffering.

People have this obsession with death as "bad" because they are identified with their own bodies.

How do you end a life in a ”humane” way? Enlighten me

The chicken wants to live, therefore killing it is not humane, its basic maffs

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Mikael89 Thanks Mikael, I'm self centered and sometimes forget that everyone here isn't merican. 

Edited by mandyjw

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Wow, that's weird. I didn't know Hitler was a vegetarian.

Jew weren't classified as being worth to live, so they didn't count as meat either.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Farnaby I always ask myself "then why kill the poor plants? Lets just evolve into a high level creature who injects artificial nurtients and stays alive without killing anything that lives."

It could be intresting.xD

Edited by Pouya

@Mikael89 I've heard that some plants feel pain (but obviously (?) they wont suffer mentally)

And some animals doesnt feel pain, like some fish.

But usually the human who eats is feeling guilty. Why doesn't a lion feel guilty for eating meat? (Some might say human kills animals unnaturally)

The self created guilt causes suffering for the human so some people stop eating meat and they feel great.

Edited by Pouya

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Use your head. 

Can plants suffer? No.

I forgot to water my Easter lily. She's totally pissed at me. Be right back. 

@mandyjw I hope she's ok xD

Btw easter lily flowers are Hermophrodite (male and female at the same time.) ;)

Edited by Pouya