Farnaby

Non-Duality and Veganism

181 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

looked it up and he eats meat on the roads if he recives it.

Roadkill, eh?

"Waste not, want not." -- Benjamin Franklin ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The most important thing is how you feel. if you feel guilty every time you eat meat or something "off limits" don't eat it. If you feel repressed by a restrictive diet and it's making you unhappy, relax a bit. Design your life so that you don't overthink. It's really easy to overthink food. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura Bhagavad Gita "There is nothing lost or wasted in life."  xD

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 hours ago, purerogue said:

Good for you, but lot of people get health problems from vegan diet only, just because it works for you does not make it universal law. 

a lot more people get health problems because of an overexcess of meat and dairy. just because you think it works for you doesn’t make it healthier.

people who get health problems from vegan diet have not supplemented good enough. it’s not from the food but because they didn’t get what they need. and it’s because of a mixture of mal information and laziness.

buddhist monks are vegetarians not vegans - it just happens that some of them live in asia and therefore don’t include dairy into their food plan, as countries like vietnam, kambodia, laos, thailand, china, korea traditionally didn’t eat milk products. it’s perfectly possible to live a healthy life on a vegetarian diet. but milk products can still be a cause of illnesses.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever you say you struggle to eat a plant based diet when you travel? How come? (Genuinely curious) 

OP I'm going to echo what Nahm said... See what works for you. Feel your body when you eat what you eat, be present and conscious when you eat and you will know what to do. 

48 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@now is forever you say you struggle to eat a plant based diet when you travel? How come? (Genuinely curious) 

OP I'm going to echo what Nahm said... See what works for you. Feel your body when you eat what you eat, be present and conscious when you eat and you will know what to do. 

if i don’t cook for myself i have to ask everywhere to leave out the non vegan stuff - sometimes you don’t even know if there is milk in the bread, or in a sauce because it’s not listed. sometimes people just don’t get it or i am so absorbed of where i am that the next vegan spot is not close by. there are countries where it’s very difficult to get anything decent without meat at all, let alone dairy like a lot of south american countries and at some places in asia you‘ll have a huge language problem to find out what is veg or to even tell them. if you book cheap flights it’s sometimes difficult to order vegan flight meals or you order it and then you don’t get it because something in the system went wrong. if i am hungry i sometimes choose the vegetarian option. also i had situations where i was with other people and i then just ate meat because we where gathered and i couldn’t ask them to go to the length in another country to find a vegetarian friendly spot. it can get very difficult.

you have to be very organized, and straight forward and it’s a little like with sweets, i like interesting new tastes and sometimes a quesadilla is just awesome and irresistible.

Edited by now is forever

31 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

All this talk about love and unconditional love.. is of course nonsense if you are eating animals, in my opinion.

Since animals are living beings just like you. And animals ARE you.

I wouldn't want to get get killed and eaten (and all the misery around the whole process, living in a cage etc.)

Killing and eating is also you. And every lifeform must kill other lifeforms.

This is what you need to learn to love. This is the real test of your capacity to love. Can you love evil? If not, your love is weak and egoic.

Notice how conveniently you ignore how many lifeforms you kill to sustain yourself.

@Mikael89 maybe it’s not about the direct killing. but for example not protecting animal rights is killing more animal than protecting them. for example not protecting the rainforest is killing animals. driving a car is killing insects and sometimes other animals by accident. did you ever step onto a snail, by accident? how about if you have mice in your house? living in a city is occuping space that once belonged to nature. and so on... our computers and electronic waste is killing people.

Edited by now is forever

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What kind of life forms do I kill? Bacteria and stuff like that? Yes, but that doesn't matter since they don't feel anything

Bhahahahaha...

What a fucking a devil!

Allow me to clean up the bullshit of your text: "That does not matter TO ME since I must survive at all costs! Fuck anything that is outside of its relationship to me."

That's what you really mean and how you really act. The rest is pleasant bullshit that you tell yourself so you don't have to face your own devilry.

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Okay. So just because I accidentally kill some bacteria and insects.. that means I should give misery to living beings and slaughter them?

if you enter your car and you know you will kill insects is it still an accident?

if you buy and throw away your electronic devices and you know it will kill people, is it still an accident?

Edited by now is forever

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Killing and eating is also you. And every lifeform must kill other lifeforms.

This is what you need to learn to love. This is the real test of your capacity to love. Can you love evil? If not, your love is weak and egoic.

Notice how conveniently you ignore how many lifeforms you kill to sustain yourself.

Of course you can’t live without killing anything, but you can certainly reduce your impact and your contribution to mass exploitation. 

Notice how conveniently you ignore how animals are kept nowadays to provide us with huge amounts of meat, fish, eggs, dairy, etc. This seems very egoic to me, since you’re choosing to ignore this fact to justify eating what “feels”/tastes good. If we only choose based on what feels good to us it’s clear to me that it’s an egoic decision. 

It’s different of course if you’re poor or need to hunt and fish for survival. But if you have the choice why support mass exploitation and killing? 

18 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So what should I do then?

the thing is, you can’t do so much, it’s killing by design. if that’s something that can be changed or not is something else. changing the car for the insects is difficult. changing a recycling process well that‘s something that could be done.

Edited by now is forever

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You can stop eating meat. It's a very easy thing to do. And it makes a difference.

yes it’s a good starting point :)

because it‘s really not killing by design, to eat meat. at least it can be redesigned the eating and killing process. 

kill the brokkoli ? (long live the brokkoli)

Edited by now is forever

13 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Yes, I understand that. But that’s not the case for the entire population.

Lots of people don’t need meat to stay alive and still choose to eat it. This strikes me as incoherent for those who defend the values that are present in spiritual communities like this one.

That’s why I’m asking, because I’m interested in how people make this decision compatible with their values. 

They don't choose, they are inconscious and live according to their culture.

Even if you become vegetarian or vegan, it's not really a choice, you just become aware of the suffering it implies and can't do it anymore.

That is, if you do it genuinely and not dogmatically because of constructed moral reasons.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Unconditional love includes the necessary killing of animals. Otherwise it would not be unconditional. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

15 minutes ago, Space said:

Unconditional love includes the necessary killing of animals. Otherwise it would not be unconditional. 

well you probably love animals for the condition of them being food! that’s unconditional - really O.o

you might have to kill an animal because it’s suffering, so people put them into suffering circumstances to have an excuse to kill them faster. that’s unconditional love! no conditions involved what so ever.

if they don’t taste good we don‘t eat them that’s also love without condition.

Edited by now is forever

You will attract food/energy that resonates with the vibrational frequency you emit. The higher you resonate the less food/stuff and less dense frequency food you require to sustain yourself. Some true masters out there don't even require physical nourishment anymore, they get the energy directly from surrendering to source. I personally experienced this.

People will only (see/understand) no higher or lower than their frequency thus why they are, do, say, eat, live how they do ect.. I person who eats/lives this way will never truly understand and see from the perspective of the other who does the opposite vice versa.

Only those who have experiences all 3 sides of the coin and have transcended 3 - 1 can give you a true answer.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

31 minutes ago, Space said:

LMAO, funny how you can spin nonduality to fit your ego

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 hours ago, now is forever said:

a lot more people get health problems because of an overexcess of meat and dairy. just because you think it works for you doesn’t make it healthier.

people who get health problems from vegan diet have not supplemented good enough. it’s not from the food but because they didn’t get what they need. and it’s because of a mixture of mal information and laziness.

buddhist monks are vegetarians not vegans - it just happens that some of them live in asia and therefore don’t include dairy into their food plan, as countries like vietnam, kambodia, laos, thailand, china, korea traditionally didn’t eat milk products. it’s perfectly possible to live a healthy life on a vegetarian diet. but milk products can still be a cause of illnesses.

Listen , you are full of shit :D

You start by accusing me of some silly stuff that I did not even say  and make some no sense comments to try to prove your point, it is like you make new  story of what I told and then start to explain how I was wrong in this story. 

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Not true, there is no living human who can stop eating completely for the rest of his/her life. Not eating for some time is called fasting and can be done by anyone.

Let me guess: you started eating again after some time.

Many of us(especially the newborns) are evolved enough to do so, we just have to become aware of it after we become somewhat masters of reality and understand true nature of consciousness ect... Tune into my reality, if you dare :P

Indeed i started again, i chose you over me.

B R E A T H E