Derek White

Do you think this criticism of Sadhguru is correct?

22 posts in this topic

I found this video where this person is criticizing Sadhguru. I was curious to know other people's reaction on here and to know what you think.

Some questions to think about:

• At what spiral dynamics stage the person in the video is at (blue, orange, or green)? Or Sadhguru is at in your opinion? 
  • Do you agree with Sadhguru or not? Do you think the person misunderstood Sadhguru?
  • Is this the typical stage green vs. yellow debate?

My opinion: 

I personally feel he misunderstood Sadhguru on many levels, for instance when Sadhguru says 'reaction' it means 'reacting' to a situation without stopping and thinking deeply about it first. The person is the video assumed 'react' just means doing something about a problem in general, something they would know if they watched the entire interview because Sadhugur differentiates between 'reacting' and 'responding'. Also, when Sadhguru says women in USA are tired of picking laptops and bags he doesn't mean it quite literally like the person in the video took it as. He is saying we don't need to socially pressure women to only think about career and that being a housewife is also tremendously valuable. Moreover, at the end when Sadhguru says don't identify too much with your genitals (gender or sex) he means it is not conducive to spiritual growth to think about being a man, for example, 24/7 and have your entire being revolve around that identity. But the person in the video took it very differently and wan't able to grasp what was being said. There are more bad assumptions as well that I don't feel the need to list.  I also think the person maybe in the very early stages of green but I can't put my finger on it. I think this is also a good example of why some people might not like feminism. 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Some Youtuber criticizing Sadhguru is like a kid in 1st grade criticizing Albert Einstein. LOL

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I find it to be very fascinating that this is the very first post someone who's new in this forum makesxD 

Nonetheless, posing the question whether or not criticism is "correct" or "justified" is such a relative matter.

From the guy's perspective it sure is, from someone else's it is not. As obvious as this may be, though, and as Leo has already pointed out in his video on criticism, criticising anybody is automatically criticising oneself. 

Therefore, I always tend to look for more/deeper understanding of why someone says what they say, rather than putting labels on it and opposing my personal, totally irrelevant views and opinions against that.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Some Youtuber criticizing Sadhguru is like a kid in 1st grade criticizing Albert Einstein. LOL

Lol.  Yep.

This youtuber also looks like a kid aswell in terms of consciousness. You can estimate the level of consciousness just by looking onto his face. HIs face is full of fear, delusion, dogma, hate and self-doubt. For me such things are a big red flag in terms of treating someone as an authoritative figure.
Although, it seems that he meditates, his concentration\focusing ability is very good

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hello from Russia Geez, if the cops should ever need a new profiler, you're the man!xD

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for edit: smiley needed to be added

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday

42 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Therefore, I always tend to look for more/deeper understanding of why someone says what they say, rather than putting labels on it and opposing my personal, totally irrelevant views and opinions against that.

That's what I was looking for in the replies, "why someone says what they say," and not to label someone... (That's why I was curious what stage they're at)

And your reasons/understanding of why someone thinks the way they think is also your opinion and thus relative...  

Notice how it is the hallmark of devils to criticize angels.

You should expect a vampire to speak ill of sunlight.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Why so quick in dismissing " some Youtuber"? You cannot possibly know that "Youtuber" can you?  If anything, there are more authentic, lesser-known mystics than rockstar figures like Sadguru who apparently savour all the attention and adulation heaped on them. Maybe I'm missing sth here, I dunno.

18 minutes ago, Derek White said:

@DocHoliday

And your reasons/understanding of why someone thinks the way they think is also your opinion and thus relative...  

@Derek White Okay, sure, I won’t deny that. It couldn’t even be any other way:) But what does that now leave us with? Did you intend to point out something specific with this? I’m kinda confused as to where this is going.

Sadhguru is also some youtuber… Leo is also some youtuber.. focus on what he is saying now who he is. 

15 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@Derek White Okay, sure, I won’t deny that. It couldn’t even be any other way:) But what does that now leave us with? Did you intend to point out something specific with this? I’m kinda confused as to where this is going.

@DocHoliday Well in your previous post you did say

1 hour ago, DocHoliday said:

I always tend to look for more/deeper understanding of why someone says what they say, rather than putting labels on it and opposing my personal, totally irrelevant views and opinions against that.

so I was just pointing out your deeper understanding of why someone says something is also your view/opinion because in your sentence it seems you thought they are two separate things.

Edited by Derek White
Forgot to add something

Pretty sure most "spiritual" leaders or personalities are demonically possessed. Fairly sure that Enlightenment often equals Demonic Possession. On the surface Sadhguru seems perfectly fine and sane.... Agh Fuck it. Is there some sort of top ten list of contemporary guru's. Or Devils with super high I.Q to learn from.

The Youtuber seemed completely cucked by Feminist Ideals. Sadhguru makes more sense, if only he could be nailed down or crucified in someway.

I have no time watching a video from the basic YouTuber who criticizes a yogi.

Sadhguru = Turquoise 

YouTuber = Red-Orange

Waisting time on watching critics on a yogi is lost time which you could have used to learn from the yogi.

On 4/21/2019 at 5:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

Aren't you a Youtuber? 

On 22/04/2019 at 3:52 AM, DocHoliday said:

@Hello from Russia Geez, if the cops should ever need a new profiler, you're the man!xD

Lol my thoughts exactly

From my own intuition, I get the feeling Sadghuru is somewhere between stage yellow and stage turquoise actually. He seems to be able to bring enlightenment in a way that adapts to the different stages and personalities on a regular basis. His videos focus on different issues in society -- such as the success oriented type of stage orange in his video about calming down with studies, or more of stage green issues in some of his videos where they take things too seriously about changing the world, and lacking a sense of humor. Though, he seems to be lacking the ability to make the major alliances to actually begin to get to stage turquoise that much.

What is it with all of you resorting to insults at this question? How is the person even going to learn the lessons of this guy with insults in the first place? I thought one of Leo's books (Neti-neti probably) involved the difference between trying to communicate someone or manipulating someone. If you are trying to change a person while trying to speak to them, that's not communicating, that's manipulating. It's best to know that you can't change anybody, the person changes themselves.

When typing a stage, don't just tell what it is, also say why. How are they even supposed to get it? You think we have memory shifting machines to just send our knowledge to another person? How are you even going to reach stage Green at this rate with that lack of empathy?

Next time, actually explain the reasoning behind your insults. It's more educational that way.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Clickbait

... 7 rabbits will live forever.