Peo

How far can i push my self discipline in solo retreats

6 posts in this topic

let us say i have done a 3 dayes solo retreats and then my next solo retreat i just go straight for a 30 days solo retreat, with using pure self discipline. I just ignore my emotions and my monkey mind and keep going. Will this lead to a really strong ego backlash so strong ego backlash, that it will just knock me right off my spirtual journey permanently? Or will i just become so depressed that i will considere suicide? Do self discipline have limits or can i push it endless?

Maybe i should try this out and see what happens. Maybe i will just go from 3 days solo retreat to 30 days and see how far i can push it.

Read it before you decide to do that

30 day's without any experience in a shorter solo retreat will probably knock you off.

go for 1 week instead and work your way up

Edited by ThinAir

same but i'm doing a 50 - 60 day long in like 24 days.

My approach is to see how it goes and be open to quitting if it's in my best interest. 

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Life is perfect. You are perfect.

Trust in something greater than yourself in your meditation. Faith in God is the most important step in meditation. Otherwise you will keep perpetuating your deepest knowing that you are unworthy of Gods love, that you are worthless, this is the deepest knowing of many people, and it will keep perpetuating until one trusts something greater, something that is already perfect, whole and complete, you.

As all clothes are cotton, all dualities are pure love. Your soul that lives in the Heart experiences this. You can’t convince your mind life is perfect. You must live it in every moment as your deepest truth. 

There a well over a hundred thousand gurus yet only a handful are awakened because they stay lost in concepts. I want to share this, i want to shine this, I want to embody this.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️