zunnyman

What do you think of my rough plan for spiritual practices?

12 posts in this topic

I have been meditating for 1 hour a day for 2 years, stopped and have been doing Sadhguru’s hatha yoga and Shambhavi yoga (42 mins total) for 6 months now. My plan for the future is basically stack on more hatha yoga practices from Sadhguru, his shoonya and shakti chalani kriya practice until my yoga routine becomes 2-3 hours/day. This yoga stacking will be over the course of 3 years. Then when my body and mind and prepared enough, Ill add on daily meditation again, once a week shamanic breathing, loving acceptance practice. I am thinking then after I get a few glimpses, Ill be confident enough for more hardcore techniques like Leo’s kriya yoga book and psychedelics. The reason i am waiting for my body and mind to be prepared is because Sadhguru said if you catch a glimpse when you are not ready, you can break.

Try concentration also

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Go for surya kriya if you want mental balance. It's very powerful way of developing mental balance.  You can feel it when you do it. There's no other feeling like that. The feeling is like: "wow, this is the first time in my life that I'm actually doing something for my mental balance". Until I tried surya kriya i had no idea what "mental balance" even means.

2 hours ago, zunnyman said:

Sadhguru said if you catch a glimpse when you are not ready, you can break.

"If you learn to bend, you won't brake, that's why Yoga (laughs)" #sadhguru

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Vingger Oh yeah good idea

@Salvijus Woah thats freaky, its like you read my mind lol Surya Kriya is precisely the next thing I was going to go for haha. Im glad you say that it promotes mental balance! very motivating. 

@zunnyman i think you should just go for the most effective techniques asap and not worry about breaking, there is nothing to worry about.

@Salvijus can you talk more about the benefits of surya kriya?

@zunnyman :)

@bobbyward it's an ancient yoga practice of tremendous antiquity that can be transmited to you from sadhguru. Very good video on surya kriya. 

f399668e2c350610de858366d691d1c9.jpg

Edited by Salvijus

8 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

@Salvijus have you done any other of sadhguru practices? if so how are they

Lol. If I started talking about the benefits and my devotion and gratittude and impact it had on me i would not know how to shut up. I would get so excited you would think I'm talking absolute crazy nonsense :D

I'll say this much. You don't know the sheer mind blowing full body orgasmic impact of Yoga untill you tried at least one sadhguru's program. It's on another level of dimension altogether......   ..... 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus well i started doing surya kriya a few days ago and do feel better more mental balance. someone taught it to me through text, so im probably doing a half assed job. i have been doing 3 cycles each morning

@bobbyward i see. Who knows. I saw many versions on YouTube of surya namaskaram. It's totally wrong :D the way they teach is so irresponsible and wrong on so many levels and they have zero understanding of what they say. Do like this, do like that but they are absolutely ignorant what they say. Of course i didn't see every single video of surya namaskar on YouTube but what I saw was terrible..

I tried some YouTube surya namaskar before I went and learned surya kriya from sadhguru. After that I never ever again going to look into another YouTube yoga instruction... It's just pure bullshit :D real authentic Yoga is way way different and it can't be taugh by a book or a video. It can only be transmited by a yogi. Because yoga is not a teaching. It's not a bundle of instructions. It's living thing. It's alive. That's why it's so powerful.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus this person gave me the instructions of surya kriya, but i had to look up the poses myself. which of sadhguru practices do you think is best for spiritual progress?