Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roch

Is this a dumb reason to not want enlightenment?

13 posts in this topic

I don’t want enlightenment because it’s not normal. No examples of enlightened people seem normal to me. So what’s the point. I’m interested in personal development to move up to the level of normal and functional. Right now I feel below that. 

Is the other way around. Joy, bliss, mind expansion, wellbeing is normal. So if you see blissful people and think is not normal, than you are sick, trapped by the balls in thos social cancer. Metaphor: this 3 headed hydra with 1000 eyes, pure apathy and disaster.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

31 minutes ago, Roch said:

I don’t want enlightenment because it’s not normal. No examples of enlightened people seem normal to me. So what’s the point. I’m interested in personal development to move up to the level of normal and functional. Right now I feel below that. 

But who sets what's normal? So for example, say you were unaware you were in a mental institution where everyone was for lack of a better word crazy. The normal and functional way of being in that environment is to be what we would consider crazy, would you strive to be normal and functional within that environment even though deep down something felt not quite right? Or would you try and look beyond that to see what is true? 

The planet is a mental institution, and were asking the patients for advice, instead of the doctors.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

If you want to become exceptional, you can't be normal. Norm is for average people.

14 hours ago, Rilles said:

The planet is a mental institution, and were asking the patients for advice, instead of the doctors.

I'm not sure if you meant that as funny, but it's actually is funny 

To me, yes. Normal is just a way of trying to fit in to feed off social approval and gratification. You have a hard road ahead if you compare yourself to others for how you should be. 

Personal Development will make you abnormal. Most of the world is dysfunctional and hardly knows how to work on that dysfunction. 

Be your own person. Society doesn't depend on you being the same as long as you are mindful of how you interact with others. For me I'd say it actually helped me interact by being more empathetic and compassionate instead of thinking my views are law. 

Take your own path though. As long as you desire it. You'll find out what does and doesn't work. 

20 hours ago, Rilles said:

Love this. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Shiva

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

It's about becoming EXTRA-ordinary. More ordinary than ordinary people xD

That's an intersting way to put itxD But, of course, it's true. And also not, since you become so much more by reducing everything and breaking everything down. It's all so counterintuitive but also.... a lot of fun? 

And to say something more productive in regards to the actual issue at hand, have you @Roch ever wondered what "normal" really is? I mean, really, asking this goes hand in hand with Leo's latest video on Duality. It all breaks down... 

But, in the end, just do what you think is right and what you think is best. "The fool who persists in his folly will become wise", right? And in a certain sense we're all fools, in some form or another. So it's all cool, no matter what you end up doing.

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

You're making a mistake here buddy. I'm getting the sense you're just stereotyping what enlightened people look like. The thing about the enlightened is that they're not more similar to each other, in fact, they're actually more likely to stand out differently. Uniqueness and what's normal are two sides of the same coin after all, and often enlightenment is just what would create what would be normal in the future. Because what is normal anyway? It's another label. Normal is different throughout history, throughout all cultures, and beliefs. 

Apparently to many of us, normal is someone who has all their life figured out. That belief in your head that you believe that most people don't have past traumas, that they don't have problems with family or friends, addictions, lost dreams in their career, insecurities and so on. There's a reason you're still asking this rather than just going away, you know? What is it? What's different about people in really deep stages like me now. . . is that I can see into each people's words and faces and tell that they all have these problems. Rich or poor, white or black, man or woman, no difference. 

Besides, you can make change while still being accepted into society. You just need the right people skills for it, right? So look for it if you want to.

Normal doesn't exist. It's a lie made by people who don't want to admit that they don't follow the idea of what normal is.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

The perfect example for "normal" is Jesus Christ.

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

@Roch you have this ideal of "normal" in your head, that if questioned, would come crashing down. You're just more conscious of your flaws and insecurities than most people... The normal person is just another brick in the wall, having no clue what the fuck they're doing in life. 

Just the fact that you're here means you've recognized the need for something greater. You don't want normal. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo