Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Blind Sage

Fasting before an LSD trip

9 posts in this topic

I feel like what I eat heavily impacts the quality of an acid trip. In fact I vaguely remember Neem Karoli Baba (Ram Dass's/Richard Alperts guru) mentioning how people used to fast before tripping in ancient times or something of the sort.

Hence, in a few weeks time I will go on a fruitarian diet a day before I trip (135 ug) -I'll let you guys know my results.

Please let me know if you have any experience, recommendations or information regarding pre-trip setting advice thanks.

I am in a transition to a fruitarian diet and the biggest change i noticed is the increased sensitivity, awareness expansion, your body is so much more conducive and efficient that all psychedelics will have a bigger impact. My two deepest trips(one mushroom trip and one ayahuasca) happened in those conditions: a few days of only fruits and an enema a few hours before the trip. Man, the description is like being hit by a truck, the substances came with full force, nowhere to run, just take the hit and embrace it.

One tip i would give you is to have a ginger tea prepared in case you feel some nausea, this one mushroom trip, in particular, came with full force, i got some nausea, managed to make some tea while i was high as fuck, don't recommend, just have everything as easier as possible beforehand, including some fruit snack, watermelon, some juice. 

@The Blind Sage that advice really only applies to psychedelics you eat. I have found that fasting doesn't affect LSD very much, because it's absorbed through the mouth. 

Now, DIET is a huge factor for any activity in your life, but a one day change isn't going to do anything. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Why not just fast? It won't kill you. One western guy fasted 400 days with no problems. 

Personally I would fast before acid. Only way to know you won't get any interactions. Drink water, eat nothing.

On 20/04/2019 at 9:20 PM, Recursoinominado said:

I am in a transition to a fruitarian diet and the biggest change i noticed is the increased sensitivity, awareness expansion, your body is so much more conducive and efficient that all psychedelics will have a bigger impact. My two deepest trips(one mushroom trip and one ayahuasca) happened in those conditions: a few days of only fruits and an enema a few hours before the trip. Man, the description is like being hit by a truck, the substances came with full force, nowhere to run, just take the hit and embrace it.

One tip i would give you is to have a ginger tea prepared in case you feel some nausea, this one mushroom trip, in particular, came with full force, i got some nausea, managed to make some tea while i was high as fuck, don't recommend, just have everything as easier as possible beforehand, including some fruit snack, watermelon, some juice. 

Thanks, I'll try it man

On 21/04/2019 at 5:28 AM, thesmileyone said:

Why not just fast? It won't kill you. One western guy fasted 400 days with no problems. 

Personally I would fast before acid. Only way to know you won't get any interactions. Drink water, eat nothing.

I will purposely only be eating fruit (not even going to drink water). I feel my body is much more alive with fruit. I'll give a water fast a try as well sometime though.

Food is also part of consciousness so the food holds information/thoughts/energy ect.. that will effect/shape the trip. Even breathing in different air shapes what we experience. The purer you are and where you are, the purer and more direct the experience.

B R E A T H E

It's not necessary to fast or have a special diet for long before the trip. Just make sure you trip on at least 4 hours of empty stomach and it will be fine.

Fruits are good prior to and after the trip. Although usually after a deep trip I get very hungry and need more food than just some fruit. So have snacks handy. Often times I will half-way into the trip, and it creates no problems. As long as you're past the peak. Don't snack until you're past the peak.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not necessary to fast or have a special diet for long before the trip. Just make sure you trip on at least 4 hours of empty stomach and it will be fine.

Fruits are good prior to and after the trip. Although usually after a deep trip I get very hungry and need more food than just some fruit. So have snacks handy. Often times I will half-way into the trip, and it creates no problems. As long as you're past the peak. Don't snack until you're past the peak.

I see, thanks