LoveandPurpose

please give me some tips for heavy studying (final exams)

34 posts in this topic

I have 5 weeks until my final exams. I want to get perfect grades.

What are some tips of yours? How much studying a day? In 25 minute blocks? How much rest? Off-days? Studying techniques?

Anything is welcome. For a little bit more details, I just started a journal: 

Thank you! :)

Edited by LoveandPurpose

I have a heavy statistics exam in 5-6 weeks.

I have read about eating bananas to boost memory, using certain smells as memory prompts (as long as you can reproduce when sitting the exam) but really my only plan going forward is just to make sure I do a bit everyday and keep it in the forefront of my mind, as well as making sure I am getting enough sleep, exercise and nutrition to keep my mind sharp.

I find advanced statistics a challenge, to say the least.

@LoveandPurpose

Success is highly dependent on belief.

If you believe enough, you'll be able to pull off the hardest things.

Believe that the outcome is worth the effort.

Believe that you will get what you deserve.

Believe anything that helps you reach your goals.

For courses that involve learning a lot of material: Use an Excel spreadsheet (Google Sheets also works) to write down questions from the material in the curriculum. Write the answer next to each question, but change the font color to white so you can only see it by clicking on it or changing font color. Go through all the questions, and change cell color to red, yellow or green depending on how well you feel you answered the question. Rinse and repeat.

Schedule study times, for example 9 to 13 and 17 to 21. I am personally more productive in the evening, so I tend to schedule for that.

This one is obvious, but go somewhere where you can stay focused, like a study hall.

Do not sacrifice sleep, it's incredibly important for digesting what you've learnt. Also take a siesta in the early afternoon if you'd like. It's a natural part of our circadian rythm and has a series of health benefits, while it will also make you ready for a new session.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Truth Addict Yes, I think that's an extremly important factor. Yet I think that deep inside I don't really believe that I can do it. Past experiences (repeating a year) and procrastinating the last 1 1/2 weeks makes me believe that

a) I'm not smart enough

and

b) I don't have enough time/I could be ahead if I didn't waste those 1 1/2 weeks

although my parents told me yesterday that they always thought I'm smart and last year I was the second best student in my class.

How can I identify and break all limiting beliefs?

And how can I let go of the past. Those 1 1/2 weeks still haunt me a bit and rob me of energy. I subconsciously think I have to hurry, but I should go slow and careful. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

@LoveandPurpose

Great.

Step one: start believing.

Step two: remove all of the limiting beliefs.

For if you believe that you are not smart enough and that there's no enough time, then there's no way you can accomplish your goals.

It seems to me like you understand that belief is important, yet you don't see the full potential of believing.

Belief shapes your entire life and reality.

Use the affirmation method to implement the desired beliefs, and use inquiry to deconstruct the undesired ones.

Create a list of all of the beliefs you are aware of. Do this on paper.

Split them into two categories, positive/useful beliefs and negative/limiting beliefs.

Everytime you feel discouraged or unmotivated, check with that list. What is causing that? Lack of certain positive belief(s), or increase of certain limiting belief(s).

Everyday in the morning after waking up, read the list and pick what you think you need the most throughout the day, and do that again before you sleep.

Really, try to get in touch with the importance of believing, that will make your performance many times better.

Meditate when you feel you need to, make shortcuts for your most used information sources and make them instantly accessible to you, and start right now by creating the list.

I hope that helps. Good luck! You can do anything if you believe in yourself.

❤️

Best tip: Relaxation.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 20/04/2019 at 3:17 PM, Truth Addict said:

@LoveandPurpose

Great.

For if you believe that you are not smart enough and that there's no enough time, then there's no way you can accomplish your goals.

It seems to me like you understand that belief is important, yet you don't see the full potential of believing.

Use the affirmation method to implement the desired beliefs, and use inquiry to deconstruct the undesired ones.

Split them into two categories, positive/useful beliefs and negative/limiting beliefs.

Everytime you feel discouraged or unmotivated, check with that list. What is causing that? Lack of certain positive belief(s), or increase of certain limiting belief(s).

Everyday in the morning after waking up, read the list and pick what you think you need the most throughout the day, and do that again before you sleep.

Really, try to get in touch with the importance of believing, that will make your performance many times better.

Meditate when you feel you need to, make shortcuts for your most used information sources and make them instantly accessible to you, and start right now by creating the list.

❤️

Yes bro!! Love this 

4 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@LoveandPurpose get some modafinil!

This won't be very useful if you don't have a strong strategic plan but if you know what to do then this is an amazing boost! 

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 4/20/2019 at 0:13 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

My pride, sense of self and ego want to get perfect grades.

@tenta Well, that may be true to some extent but the main driver for this motivation is that I fear not being able to do what I want to do later in life because of my grades not being good enough. 

@Charlotte

On 20/04/2019 at 3:17 PM, Truth Addict said:

@LoveandPurpose

Great.

❤️

I've just created my list and found that all my negative beliefs are created by my laziness. So it's self fulfilling prophecy xD 

2 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Charlotte

I've just created my list and found that all my negative beliefs are created by my laziness. So it's self fulfilling prophecy xD 

If you have any energy to do something, then you have the energy to do something else.

I think it's deeper than laziness, could possibly be stemming from boredom (favouring one thing in contrast to something else).

Is this correct?

Edited by Truth Addict

@ajasatya I don't quite understand what you mean. My subjects are: english, mathematics, german and psychology.