Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

"My Descent into the Alt-Right Pipeline" Good video on internet radicalisation.

288 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing this video, I can deeply relate to it as I felt brainwashed by that community and fell into that echo chamber.

Some thoughts:

- Leo was right in his assessment that young autistic type males easily fall into the trap of watching this kind of content and becoming radicalised by it. 
- He felt that when people criticised him as a racist, it only strengthened his far-right beliefs as he believed he had special knowledge and had seen beyond the matrix.
- You can see that he is a good and reasonable guy who just happened to have gotten sucked into this ideology when he was desperately looking for guidance.
- He had a Stage Yellow understanding of the lefts inability to comprehend what he was experiencing as he was involved with the conservative/right wing.

I had a very similar experience with these conservative ideas which I found through Youtube. In 2014 I was listening to Stefan Molyneux and Ben Shapiro talk about Islam and the dangers of third world immigration. At the same time I was working in a couple of low level jobs with many new islamic migrants in Australia. They shared some archaic views with me regarding women and gay people, so being impressionable I began to believe the ideas that I had heard that these foreign cultures are not compatible with western society etc. I'm grateful that Leo shared the model of Spiral Dynamics as it gave me a better understanding and a lot more empathy to understand the perspectives that each human experiences.

16 minutes ago, whatishappeningtome said:

You can see that he is a good and reasonable guy who just happened to have gotten sucked into this ideology when he was desperately looking for guidance.

This is true of all evil human beings: just an innocent guy who got sucked down a devilish rabbit hole.

The devil is a fallen angel ;)

The Alt-right rabbit hole goes something like this: Joe Rogan >> Sam Harris >> Dave Rubin >> Jordan Peterson >> Ben Shapiro >> Stefan Molyneux >> Alt-right

Whoever your mentors judge, you will learn to judge. Judgment is a virus. The ego's shadow is a virus.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The Alt-right rabbit hole goes something like this: Joe Rogan >> Sam Harris >> Dave Rubin >> Jordan Peterson >> Ben Shapiro >> Stefan Molyneux >> Alt-right

Where do you go from stage Stefan Molyneux? Asking for a friend. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Where do you go from stage Stefan Molyneux? Asking for a friend. xD

To Alt-right apparently xD

I never heard of Stefan Molyneux before, so I decided to look him up. I watched about the first 15 minutes of this video, where he talks about the iq differences in races and how they explain the differences in societal outcomes, such as income, genetically rather than environmentally.

now, I understand this to be a very difficult topic, and that there are a lot of assumptions brought to the table here, as well as a lot of interpretations of what consequences these scientific findings have. 

However, “the basic facts”, the observations, that people grouped on certain characteristics perform differently on a test, seems hard to argue with. And than if that test seems to be an accurate predictor of other outcomes..

is there than not a truth to the “genetical” explenation of differences in societal outcomes? 

Without than coming up with arguments what that means for society, isnt that accurate?

I notice myself getting extremely confused as I think about this topic. Intuitively I feel like an ideology is being presented here. However, I cant see where it begins and ends, as I feel there is also a partial truth to it.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity There's something extremely important going on here, with him as a piece of greater the nonduality pie, but I'm not ready to put my finger on it.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Oh this is most fun Easter egg hunt I've ever had the privilege of participating in. Stephen Moleneux is an enlightened devil. My friend just called me and I asked for the thing that upset her most about Stephen Moleneux, she loves him. She said she couldn't understand this. She's attracted to guys who hurt her, she can't stay away from them so how could this be true?

"The moral argument for integrity in relationships is simple: Love is our involuntary response to virtue, if we are virtuous. We cannot love those our values define as evil/immoral. Either they change, or our values change, or there is no real relationship. That’s the “cult.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/stefanmolyneux/status/1108558087139426304?fbclid=IwAR3Og1uwV8YTzsSr5FRGyp5hGIJe2-IcjA_3Yve1LMWuuHQnUWvfvRpK5Bs

Nonduality teaches us that there's no such thing as virtue, virtue is the ego, virtue is evil, virtue blocks us from real love/enlightenment.

The question is, what is Stephen Moleneux trying to point out to us exactly? The whole world is out to enlighten you.

Edited by mandyjw

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Whoever your mentors judge, you will learn to judge. Judgment is a virus. The ego's shadow is a virus.

@Identity This right here. Don't judge Stefan Molyneux. Don't judge Leo. Trust no one, love all. It's all you, you're creating it all.

What's so radical about them? They seem to want traditional families, marriage, border security etc. That's the opposite of radical imo. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Stefan is mistaking genetics with terrible economic inequality and culture.

The IQ difference between whites and blacks is not a genetic problem, it's a social, political, and economic problem. If blacks were not economically and culturally oppressed, their IQ scores would rise by at least as much as their IQ difference between whites and blacks.

The IQ is a very poor measure. IQ tests are culturally biased and they do not accurately measure intelligence, nor is intelligence or IQ a fixed genetic trait like eye color.

You cannot change your eye color but you can change your intelligence.

The solution is to provide blacks and everyone else in the country with free high quality education. Then human intelligence will shoot through the roof.

It is ironic that people who cite the IQ test are themselves not exhibiting any great intelligence.

@Leo GuraPeople who are open to spirituality know that there are multiple forms of intelligence and that IQ is just one tiny part of intelligence. IQ does correlate somewhat with one's ability to be successful in a capitalist society though. Just because someone isn't good at chess doesn't make them a stupid person, they could be quite brilliant in many other ways. But if the entire society measures your worth based on how well you play a game of chess, then you're screwed.

You can say that we should make people who are bad at playing chess spend hours and hours getting extra help from the best teachers and learning a game they don't like and have no natural talent for. Or we can give people the freedom and support to choose which game they want to play. 

He misses the bigger picture, yes. But he's one of the only people courageous enough to even bring up the issue. 

Edited by mandyjw

@mandyjw Lol, there's nothing courageous about being a stage Blue/Orange nationalist pseudo-intellectual.

What Stefan is doing is devilry and ego. And he is misleading a great many people, building a cult.

It's a total bastardization of philosophy.

But he is too ignorant and too arrogant to understand this. He has trapped himself inside his own mind.

@Leo Gura But it's beautiful isn't it? xD With no Voldemort there's no Harry Potter, there's no story, no book to be written. He's the Voldemort to your Harry. Or you're the Voldemort to his Harry. 

@mandyjw It's so ugly it's beautiful ;)

I am him.

@Leo Gura I love you both. I don't trust either one of you though. xD

@Leo Gura Hmm, but in the video he says that it has been tested even when black kids are grown up in a white urban family, with the same culture and economic situation, their results on iq tests are lower than white kids in that same situation.

Also, he says its reflected in their “physical” brain size.

If these facts are accurate, which I dont know if they are, would that not undermine your argument?

It could just be that different strands of people evolved differently, allowing them to tap into reality in different ways?

If you would change my genes, or change my brain, that will also have a big impact on my experience and performance in the world, right?

Ps. I’m playing the devils advocate here, I would usually defend your side of the argument.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity If you want to make a genetic association, then you have to associate. . . actual genes. Genes involved in intelligence - not genes involved in melanin production. There have been no association between melanin producing genes and intelligence. In contrast, genome-wide association screens have identified over 1,000 genes associated with intelligence (“intelligence” based on classic definitions of intellect/IQ). Those are the genes of interest. So far, it does not appear that allelic frequencies of any gene clusters are significantly associated with a particular race. Until one can show that, I think there is a very very weak genetic argument. If you want to make a genetic argument, you need to base the argument on actual intelligence-associated genes - not melanin-producing genes. There is zero evidence that melanin-producing pathways have anything to do with intelligence. They don’t even occur in the brain for goodness sake.

@Serotoninluv That makes a lot of sense. For someone making an argument about genetic differences, there is talked very little about genes indeed lol.

I find it hard to argue against these types of belief systems though that build up rational arguments and refer to evidence. I find it very hard to not get into black and white thinking, either fully accepting their frameworks, or fully ignoring and judging them. Especially when I am talking with friends about this stuff.

its like building a tower one brick at a time. Every brick seems to lay pretty well on the one beneath, but then when you look at the whole tower its crooked as fuck ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com