Jonson

Can temporary pleasure be more valuable than long term health

3 posts in this topic

I can not see any purpose for doing anything small works sometimes. I feel like I have to develope a bunch of different automated infrastructures so that i can actually impact people from planet earth. Otherwise what is the point of working on small projects that will not produce something universally useful. We need to create a lot of big infrastructures that suit all 8 billion people. Let's there is a guy that is passionate about sculpting chocolate. Why not use that energy and passion for art to sculpt something that is durable , why waste all that time .

That is how i feel about people working sometimes. And i fear doing the same.

There are these cycles like paying for company's shitty food then getting sick and paying for medicine. 

The whole process could've been nonexistent if some companies wouldn't have offered bad food .

This is just an analogy, obviously there are many factors.

But the main point is that there are so many complex systems that have the purpose of solving problems that other systems caused. It's a cycle that will not stop.

i don't want systems that have problems solved by other systems, i want systems that solve their own problems and evolve.

I don't know if I make sense .. or if I am just thinking about basic logic that you've already thought through.:)) 

Edited by Jonson

You're getting this all wrong. What you want is temporary pleasure that aligns with long term health. If you can find a way to do both, you'll get what you want. Sometimes playing around and experimenting with something new and exciting, while not being something you thought would help in the first place, would allow you the new perspective to figure out what to do.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates