Matt8800

The Occult/Energy Work/Magick

80 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

It’s actually a core component of my LP so if you get any resources pls share.

17 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

To build a temple requires you to embody the principle of a cosmos. Then you incarcerate those principles into gods form. This is what a temple is.

the ancient Egyptians knew this, hence pyramids we’re formed.

Share any and all you got on this. I've been wanting to study and learn this very deeply. 

13 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Temples where created o the basis of Tantra, in india. According to Tantra(i heard this ) temples are human bodies or based on human bodies. It is not a place of workship.

Awesome! Yeah that's why I really want to study it. I love how Sadhguru hammers that point home.

This temples situated in different states are in straight line in around 79°E 41'54" longtitude. All this temples are like 1000 of years old. 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

9 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

This temples situated in different states are in straight line in around 79°E 41'54" longtitude. All this temples are like 1000 of years old. 

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the India part. You can have temples in other places too.

Just now, kieranperez said:

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the India part. You can have temples in other places too.

Yeah in one of the sadguru videos i saw he said about an old temple and lingam in Turkey. And with his rudraksha beads he demonstrated the different power centers in lingam. (Beads moved somewhat at different points)

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Matt8800 do you use tarrot cards? Like it is said in the book you mentioned.

@Harikrishnan Same in Greece. 

You can have them anywhere in the world.

I think people get too hung up on how India is the only place for that sort of stuff and that somehow their culture is the best as far as spiritual practices and cultures go. 

Edited by kieranperez

1 hour ago, Harikrishnan said:

If Zen type meditation dosent work for you then try Mantra meditation, not the western one where a word is given and chant that word try Indian real mantra of rishis chanting Vedic mantra like Gayatri, or of other deities like Ganesha,shiva or any. And imaginig them and concentrating upon there might help you.

@Harikrishnan Thankyou for compassionately reaching out.

Why do you suggest this technique? Is it because it worked for you? What if you're someone who likes to engage in life (tantric/magick way of life - extroverted way of life) rather than engage in your own head(introverted - engage in your own head - yogic way of life). Is this technique applicable to those ones?

What makes this technique different than zen? Who is it more for?

Also what book or resource did you use?

Have you tried left legged tantra? If so, why this technique over that lineage?

EDIT:

after a superficial read, this technique seems similar to bhakti yoga: you visualize a deity and chant its name until you feel you touch it, feel it, merge with it, cry in its presence.

I've got a kriya yoga book that superimposes kriya with bhakti, guess this basically the technique you recommended minus the kriya part?

Edited by electroBeam

9 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I’m so glad there’s finally a down to earth discussion on this forum about this matter. So for one, thank you @Matt8800

Does the occult sciences relate to say how say certain temples were consecrated? Particularly with things like lingams and what not? I’ve heard  Sadhguru talk about this a lot but of course, keeps tight lipped when it comes to what that process entails and what that science actually is but he’s said things like lingas and temples and what not are all about transferring energy into an object and keeping it locked in there. Does this relate to what you’re talking about?

How can I learn more about this? Do you think books are sufficient?

Here’s a great video on Breaking Convention 

@kieranperez Yes, it is encouraged to consecrate your sacred space where you perform your magick. Your body is also considered a temple. 

Objects can be charged with certain energies you choose to imbue them with.

With the occult, I personally think learning from books is sufficient. 

If someone wanted to incorporate the occult into their practice and wanted to learn more about it, I would recommend Modern Magick - 12 lessons in the high magickal arts.

8 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Temples where created o the basis of Tantra, in india. According to Tantra(i heard this ) temples are human bodies or based on human bodies. It is not a place of workship.

@Harikrishnan Yes, the body is considered sacred. 

There is no moralization but one is encouraged to choose carefully with whom one has sex with since it is considered a spiritually energetic event.

7 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

@Matt8800 do you use tarrot cards? Like it is said in the book you mentioned.

@Harikrishnan I have played a bit with them but not much. I was skeptical about them but since there is so many intelligent people that believe in them so much, Im keeping an open mind.

The main purpose for tarot cards in white/grey magick is for divination to determine if you should do the ritual. Sometime well intentioned magick can turn out to be black magick with karmic consequences because it interferes with someones path.

8 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Share any and all you got on this. I've been wanting to study and learn this very deeply. 

I would encourage you to start studying the basics before diving into any kind of magic. Its very possible to unintentionally perform black magic with karmic consequences. 

Treat magick like a loaded gun.....very carefully.

The reason why Sadhguru wont divulge Hindi magick is because it can be dangerous if not done carefully.

Edited by Matt8800

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Matt8800 Really great post. In your estimate, is it important to first quiet the mind before diving into this?

@nahm Absolutely! 

Magic greatly amplifies the effects of our intentions. If our intentions are tainted by the ego, those impurities saturate the practices. Also, if one has not quieted the mind to the extent that they are aware of its influence in the present moment as it is unfolding, magick can solidify the ego because of their egoic intentions. 

I very much hesitated posting about this at all because too many people dive into it without getting mastery over the ego. As most of us know, getting mastery over the ego takes a lot of work and few are willing to put in the work. I decided to post anyway for two reasons: harm reduction for people that are interested in incorporating this path (assuming they are willing to listen) and to let others that could benefit greatly from this path know that it is a legitimately powerful way to supercharge your current spirituality. I get the impression that many people that pursue this path do so for the wrong reasons and and can project the image to others that that is what the occult is about.

Some may feel that because the occult has the potential to be dangerous that it should not be messed with. One could say the exact same thing about powerful magic in yoga and taoism. If we treat ourselves like children that cannot be trusted with strength, then we will remain spiritual children. These decisions must be left to the individual ultimately.

I feel strongly that the first order of business for anyone incorporating this path is to use magick for the purpose of purifying their own energy by mastering the negative effects of the ego. 

All traditions have their strengths and weaknesses. I like Buddhist and yogic techniques and philosophy to master the ego. The occult teaches that identifying the effects of the ego mechanism and mastering it is critical but I dont think it is as strong in that area as some of the eastern traditions.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Thanks. In your estimate, does meditation “work”?  To the degree that if one says it does not work, it is actually working, they’re just not aware that it is working...and so they quit.. ? Whereas, had they not quit, and embraced what arises (emotions), they would experience the very breakthrough they have mistakenly moved onto another way of seeking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

As a side note - the occult is a non-dual mystical tradition. While they believe in the individuated soul that will continue eternally in many realms, they believe that ultimately, God is one and God is all.

The goal is to master the ego so they can get in touch with, and be guided by, their Guardian Angel (Yogis call it the inner guru) for the purpose of merging into one with the Divine.

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Matt8800 Thanks. In your estimate, does meditation “work”?  To the degree that if one says it does not work, it is actually working, they’re just not aware that it is working...and so they quit.. ? Whereas, had they not quit, and embraced what arises (emotions), they would experience the very breakthrough they have mistakenly moved onto another way of seeking. 

@nahm I dont believe one can master their ego without daily meditation. If they dont master their ego, they will be stuck with the associated suffering. Then they try to use magick to counter the effects of the suffering caused by the ego. They spin their wheels in their spiritual quest and their magic remains weak.

I completely agree with where you are going with the questions. Most people have no idea what concentration really can do until they can sit as long as they want with a completely still mind. Many believe their current state of mental chaos is sufficient because they have never known any different....or worse, they are unaware that their mind is chaotic. As you are alluding to, what one seeks changes significantly when the ego is no longer in control. 

Every Occult master would say that meditation is the foundation of magical work. If a beginner thinks they can disagree with the masters than they arent ready to be a student. This is where people get into trouble imo. Any one that thinks they can develop powerful magick without meditation is fooling themselves.

On the flip side, people that are experienced in quieting the mind can develop some very powerful magick pretty quickly.

Edited by Matt8800

8 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@Harikrishnan Thankyou for compassionately reaching out.

Why do you suggest this technique? Is it because it worked for you? What if you're someone who likes to engage in life (tantric/magick way of life - extroverted way of life) rather than engage in your own head(introverted - engage in your own head - yogic way of life). Is this technique applicable to those ones?

What makes this technique different than zen? Who is it more for?

Also what book or resource did you use?

Have you tried left legged tantra? If so, why this technique over that lineage?

EDIT:

after a superficial read, this technique seems similar to bhakti yoga: you visualize a deity and chant its name until you feel you touch it, feel it, merge with it, cry in its presence.

I've got a kriya yoga book that superimposes kriya with bhakti, guess this basically the technique you recommended minus the kriya part?

In begining it worked for me like it was my stepping stone to spirituality, then i realized i am more of a skeptical guy and zen type of meditation and self reflection/self enquiry would be better for me then i turned to that. I recomended that thinking if not zen type of thing then it might be tantra, as people here(my place) choose either of this two. . My cousin who is into this stuff practising tantra for close to 10 years is a extrovert. Wheras me being an introvert (mm now thats intresting) i have never thought like that before any way thank you for bringing this up. 

B/w as far as i know bakthi yoga and tantra are different, tantra has several fire and other rituals, sri chakra and things like that.

Edited by Harikrishnan

The occult is all about the natural and transendence. So one of the reasons i don't have respect for those who have seen something from the infinite, realized some logical truth about reallity but have no clue about energy, occult, psychic power. And still call themselves awaken or spiritual teachers, i only have 1 word for them: rubish. 

In other words, all this society is based on the occult, for you noobs out there thinking that repeating a mantra will help you transcence or reading a guide of how to astral project and then you do it, is just pathetic. Those who know how MERKABA works, get what i just said here, the other majority i invite them to keep meditating.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, Matt8800 said:

@Harikrishnan Yes, the body is considered sacred. 

There is no moralization but one is encouraged to choose carefully with whom one has sex with since it is considered a spiritually energetic event.

Ok, how can i choose my sex partner carefully? is it why Astrology is used? and is it that why indians are crazy about astrology?

Edited by Harikrishnan

10 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Ok, how can i choose my sex partner carefully? is it why Astrology is used? and is it that why indians are crazy about astrology?

I believe that the spiritually responsible thing to do is to choose to have sex with someone that they truly care about. Their spiritual "vibration" should also be a consideration. 

There is so much to learn in the occult, I havent focused my energies in learning astrology yet but there must be a reason why so many highly intelligent people believe in it so much. The occult incorporates astrology pretty heavily.