Shakazulu

Calling all Actualized athletes

16 posts in this topic

Any boxers or fitness people here? I'm on the search for a solid workout routine. I'm trying to build more strength on my legs and overall body 

@Shakazulu I’m into fitness, and part of that is heavy bag, speed bag, jump rope, etc. Never ‘boxed’ though. At least, not officially / sanctioned, in a ring. Strength training however is achieved from weights & diet. Boxer training is more maintenance & dexterity, balance, speed, focus, flow, etc. I’m on my third Boflex. You can find older models on EBay etc pretty cheap. Old one’s will work just fine until you max out the resistance bands. Even then, you can replace / upgrade the ‘weight’ of them. Make sure all the bolts are tightened. 

Also, a word to the wise, if you’re about to undergo strength training....don’t neglect any muscles. The one you skip, will have issues later. The boflex really shines here in terms of space it takes up, and in comparison to the money you’d have to spend on free weights to be able to do all the functions it does. Boflex has their manuals online too with suggested routines, etc. Very simple to use and very effective. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

For weight lifting, i did coolcicadas PPL for a couple years, worked great I loved it

Full body, good split, good rest times, good progression, good balance between muscles and uses all the compound lifts

When I started I did 5x5 stronglifts. It has a huge emphasis on legs, it build you massive legs muscles if u want that

Edited by d0ornokey

Do the One Man Punch workout for 30 days. YouTube it to see how people have lost weight and in 30 days look like Bruce Lee.

What a question to post on a forum when you can join a boxing forum and ask them there.

@Shakazulu Check out stronglifts 5x5 

it's a beginner routine meant to build raw strength through the compound lifts 

I would look into kettlebell swings, turkish getups and snatches. For boxing, you need to develop fast twitch muscle fibers (explosive power) and KB swings are perfect for this, just the swing utilizes most of the muscles in the body including those you never use much (which is why a day later it will hurt like hell) also kundalini yoga is great for activating these muscles.

Look into getting online coaching for strength training. You can make some progress on 5x5 strong lifts or 531 but you will plateau and it's hard to make progress for many people

Barbell Medicine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMcGFPjX2aQy31KYdEvT2-Q

Barbell Logic: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgq2gIfNc3Iqb2PxZDAgeHw

Starting Strength: https://www.youtube.com/user/AasgaardCo

Edited by SunnyNewDay

23 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

I'm trying to build more strength on my legs and overall body

I build strength in legs by taking a bike to hilly terrain, setting gear high so I can barely push it uphill and riding like that.

The best scheme for building strength I found is 5x5, but I haven't done much research, so there might be better ones.

Doing jumps, Superman flying push-ups or flags can be an entertaining way to improve your whole body.

Edited by Girzo

Want strenght? The core and proper breathing first. Breath of fire to pump the energy.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Ex-judo, Ex-muay-thai, life-long fitness freak here :D 

What are you looking for exactly? Muscle? Functional strength? raw power?  Endurance? Speed? Agility? Longevity? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Shakazulu

Key Compound Lifts + Progression = Most of your Size and Strength gains.

Isolation is icing on the cake.

Compounds are the cake!

Single Progression 

Increase the weight each workout

e.g.

5x5 40kg

5x5 42.5kg

5x5 45kg

Double Progression

When single progression ceases, move onto double progression where you increase reps before increasing weight

E.g.

5x (5,5,5,5,5) 45kg

5x (6,6,6,6,6) 45kg

5x (4,4,4,4,4) 47.5kg

5x (6,6,6,5,4) 47.5kg

Edited by Anton_Pierre