3 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

How do you do that in practice?

Practice what ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Anna1

The whole theme of any serious spiritual teaching is this: ignore the conventional, material world that everyone is used to and in turn focus more and more on the metaphysical realm. Any serious spiritual teaching can be fit into this description.

Imagine if a devotee renouned all her 'worldly' fears. She only fears God or more accurately takes God seriously. 

What do we fear most in our lives? The fear of losing the things we are most invested and attached to. Those are the things which take up most of our concerns. Devotional teachings instructs to surrender that burden on God and only remain faithful to God.

I know, superficially the term fear of God sounds weird. But thats where the paradox lies. Its a fear that can consume all other fears.

Just like self inquiry sounds and seems like the most selfish position one could take-ignore everything and only focus on your self keenly. And yet thats how the self gets transended once and for all.

On the other hand, if one ignores the ego self and keeps attending to other things, that ego will always remain intact and fatten.

Similarly, devotionally speaking, if a seeker doesn't fear God that doesn't mean he stops having fear. No! He actually starts having the most petty, selfish, irrational fears due to his material attachments.

And the bit you talked about being infinite, free etc-those are the fruits/byproduct of the work. Enlightenment or total surrender whatever you call it

A person who never experience&understand it will have a lot of fears. 

In fact, you'll feel so safe in God's Love and Mercy. There's literally nothing else to be worried about. But you can't fake it either. 

If it doesn't resonate, then you don't. 

It's the balance between fear&love. It's a beautiful thing. Makes you responsible&whole. 

Edited by Angelite

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Yes, and that's what you non-dualists say too.

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

how convenient to filter out some experiences and only accept those experiences which is in line with the belief about non-duality.

@Mikael89 Non-duality is reality. All inclusive. Nothing is shunned away.

29 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't know. I can try.

Progress had been made xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The confusion here is incredible.  It is amusing though....

9_99_99_99_99_99_99_99_99_9  

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

@Mikael89 You need to open heart to unconditional love towards entire existance. That is probably hardest thing on the path. I mean to accept a serial killer and to see Him as yourself is really hard. But he is. Enlightenment is all encompasing work it is not really about creating a correct beleif system your mind Will accept. It is really about You. Who you are what you are what reality is, you do not need to understand and use your mind for it. You can actually become those. This is huge difference so continue with your practises.

I myself got enlightened when I got sick of These philosophical bullshit and become so efin determined to find it out for myself. I really drop all was so efin fed up with it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

The confusion here is incredible.  It is amusing though....

9_99_99_99_99_99_99_99_99_9  

@Soul-lover 2020 Sometimes it can be a bit confusing b-c it's a direct experience of God and not a xyz conceptual understanding of God that's learned from a book.

Why you deleted my favorite thread?

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16