Shaun

My biggest fear

9 posts in this topic

One thing that deeply concerns me is that when I die, I come back into an existence of pain and torture. A child being killed by isis, or someone being flayed in the middle ages for example. How do you people accept this possibility? The possibilities are endless, so this can happen?

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun the implication of Oneness is that YOU are already that child killed by ISIS and you are also the one killing that child as ISIS.

Keep in mind. "Shaun" will not come back into existence.

Once he dies, that's it... Shaun is the body+mind... A mask.

YOU on the other hand, is the one who wears the mask. You're the wearer of all masks.

Just know this. The thing looking out and being aware out of your eyes right now is the same thing which is looking out of my eyes right now...

It's like an actor/character relationship.

Leonardo DiCaprio plays Jack (Titanic) and also plays Cobb (inception) and so on etc...

Don't confuse Shaun to be the one who will be playing other roles. 

In your case, Shaun is like Jack/Cobb and awareness/God is Lrobardo DiCaprio :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

You are lucky if this is your biggest fear

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

This fear of yours is of Shaun's and not YOURs... 

Does an actor ever say in an interview that he is afraid to play a character who will be tortured or whatever? No! Because from the actor's point of view and understanding what is there to fear about an unreal movie.

Hope this helps.

Love Is The Answer

7 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

You are lucky if this is your biggest fear

What should my biggest fear be?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

This fear of yours is of Shaun's and not YOURs... 

Does an actor ever say in an interview that he is afraid to play a character who will be tortured or whatever? No! Because from the actor's point of view and understanding what is there to fear about an unreal movie.

Hope this helps.

Well, it helps for all the little first world problems but I am at a relatively low state of consciousness, probably stage green so if I were to break a bone or whatever, no amount of mindfulness or presence is going to help my situation. Intense suffering is terrifying to the ego and at my stage I can't see any way around that.

@Shaun hmmm

One way to overcome a fear is to face it, head on.

Infact, that's really the only way, the permanent way.

Sure, you can also forget about a fear but it isn't permanent... Because who knows whether you encounter it or its memory again.

With that being said, just also know, (like you know and are really considering the possibility that you maybe reborn somewhere in a hellish warzone place... Be tortured etc) that all you will be forced to face all your fears and many other fears you're not even aware of. There is no running away from it...

And find peace in the possibility of being able to see the fear as an illusion and getting rid of the one who fears it as well... then what's left? You are.

Love Is The Answer

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Shaun hmmm

One way to overcome a fear is to face it, head on.

Infact, that's really the only way, the permanent way.

Sure, you can also forget about a fear but it isn't permanent... Because who knows whether you encounter it or its memory again.

With that being said, just also know, (like you know and are really considering the possibility that you maybe reborn somewhere in a hellish warzone place... Be tortured etc) that all you will be forced to face all your fears and many other fears you're not even aware of. There is no running away from it...

And find peace in the possibility of being able to see the fear as an illusion and getting rid of the one who fears it as well... then what's left? You are.

The issue is that I can also come back as someone without the nondual understanding which  will make things worse. I don't know if that happens though. I heard that no gain in consciousness is lost. 

Fear is an interesting one. I'm looking at confronting fears systematically - see anything by Geoff Thompson, or fear-setting by Tim Ferriss.

But while you are investing time and energy worrying about what happens in the next life, you are wasting time and energy in this one.