Andreas

How long is it going to take before religion is gone?

195 posts in this topic

I hate religion. Especially when they try to stigmatize you for not believing or brainwashing small children. The arrogant ones annoy me the most. There is nothing wrong with spirituality but religion is just pure irrationality and madness. When is this going to end? They break down societies by starting wars. How do you deal with religious groups emotionally and stop being distracted by them? 

1 minute ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Andreas You could have been born as one of those "arrogant" people you are talking about. 

Do you realize that? 

I find aggresive ignorance disgusting. I would never do that. The more arrogant you become, the more ignorant you become. 

It will never be gone. It will evolve into something greater.

You talk about arrogant people. They are not like that because of religion, but their stage of development. If you remove religion they will find something else to be arrogant about.

BTW, have you noticed that your hate towards religion is also arrogant and aggressive? Maybe your attitude towards religion is just a projection of your shadow side.

2 minutes ago, Girzo said:

It will never be gone. It will evolve into something greater.

You talk about arrogant people. They are not like that because of religion, but their stage of development. If you remove religion they will find something else to be arrogant about.

BTW, have you noticed that your hate towards religion is also arrogant and aggressive? Maybe your attitude towards religion is just a projection of your shadow side.

No im not arrogant, definitly not aggressive. There is nothing to be arrogant about. Might be coming of harsh but it really gets annoying after a while constantly hearing about how evil you are because not believing in God is a sin.

Just now, Sahil Pandit said:

@Andreas

Interesting take... So that must mean you're a vegetarian ;)

Why? 

@Andreas When you and the rest of the world stops hating itself.

Can you see how your hatred for religion is really just hatred of reality, and therefore hatred of yourself? Which is precisely what you don't like about religion. So you're hating on haters.

Adding evil on top of evil does not create Good, it only compounds the evil.

You have turned religion into your shadow.

If you really want to transcend this issue, apply love to religious people. Stop seeing them as separate from you. Stop judging them.

It would be helpful if you studied religion more and developed a deep understanding of why religion exists.

Let me reframe your question from a fundamentalist religious person's POV:

• Christian: How long will it take until all Muslims are dead?
  • Nazi Aryan: How long will it take until all Jew are dead?
  • Muslim: How long will it take until all infidels are dead?

That is what you're doing.

Rather than dreaming of destroying stuff, how about you learn to accept reality as it is?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don't accept that religion causes wars. Human beings cause wars and if there was no such thing as religion I'm pretty sure we would find some other "reason" to go to war. 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Andreas When you and the rest of the world stops hating itself.

Can you see how your hatred for religion is really just hatred of reality, and therefore hatred of yourself? Which is precisely what you don't like about religion. So you're hating on haters.

Adding evil on top of evil does not create Good, it only compounds the evil.

You have turned religion into your shadow.

If you really want to transcend this issue, apply love to religious people. Stop seeing them as separate from you. Stop judging them.

It would be helpful if you studied religion more and developed a deep understanding of why religion exists.

Let me reframe your question from a fundamentalist religious person's POV:

• Christian: How long will it take until all Muslims are dead?
  • Nazi Aryan: How long will it take until all Jew are dead?
  • Muslim: How long will it take until all infidels are dead?

That is what you're doing.

Rather than dreaming of destroying stuff, how about you learn to accept reality as it is?

Makes sense but it's unethical to start wars or indoctrinate in children because of this. Needs to be stopped in a way. 

It's the stuff like this. I consider this child abuse. 

1 minute ago, Bill W said:

I don't accept that religion causes wars. Human beings cause wars and if there was no such thing as religion I'm pretty sure we would find some other "reason" to go to war. 

Well all wars start on some type of disagreement. And a lot of them are coming from 2 religions clashing . 

@Andreas And secular schools/universities & businesses are not child abuse?

Children are indoctrinated in every culture at stages Orange and Green too.

The core issue here is that you resist loving child abuse. You hate child abuse. That's understandable, but it is a deluded and false position. Since child abuse is a part of reality, you are just denying what is true.

All judgments of reality are delusion. No exceptions. Your job is to love reality without exceptions. Notice how this threatens your ego. You refuse to do it. Because you are a devil.

2 minutes ago, Andreas said:

@Shiva Im not mass abusing any kids to the point of crying no.

Your tax dollars go to funding a stage Orange education system which leads to the indoctrination and suicide of many teens every year.

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

No, but with videos like these you cherry-pick evidence in order to stigmatize them, which is exactly what you accused them of while doing it yourself.

It's the first vid that shows up if you type "religious indoctrination" on YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your tax dollars go to funding a stage Orange education system which leads to the indoctrination and suicide of many teens every year.

It's true that we got a problem in our education system but that doesn't make the problem of religion any smaller. 

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

So, YouTube showed you exactly what you were looking for.

I actually want to correct that, mixed something up. Same thumbnail, different video. My main point is that if you take a child and show irrational beliefs into them and never teach them to think rationally, then it's maltreatment. Kind of like never telling a kid that Santa Claus really isn't real instead of letting them grow up without learning to be sceptical and question his environment.