Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mandyjw

Nothing is special, nothing is mundane

17 posts in this topic

When you fully know and are able to see this, the world throws things at you that seem incredibly special to the egoic mind. But if you fall for the trap and call them special and begin to see other things that are of less importance again, you will create utter havoc and misery for yourself and others. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw How do you even enjoy life? Like, seriously? You say you have children. I presume you love them. But how can you if nothing is special etc. Makes zero sense.

@Paul92 That's the most beautiful thing. My kids, my house, my dog, my husband, my job are all myself. When I look outside myself or my present experience for fulfillment I feel imprisoned by those things. When I judge the snotty noses and spilled drinks and sticky floors as undesirable and the spontaneous hugs as wonderful I'm not there for my kids fully. They start to feel guilty, bad or unloved and they act up to show me my own delusion. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Paul92 I said the same thing last year to some Jehovah's Witness' and they weren't impressed xD "Don't you love your daughter?" 

Yes. It's all love. It's all God's love. I tell her I love her all the time. I was blessed with her, she's part of myself. But I know that as soon as I start clinging to the idea of loving just her that I'll begin to be paranoid and I won't let her explore in the woods. I won't let her go on her first date because I'll teach her that men are scary. I will teach her to assume that every mole she develops is skin cancer. I won't let her live her life. Like my mother did to me. 

OR I can love her as a special somebody and expect her to grow up to be a wonderful person who is skilled in the same areas that I am. And when she finds her calling in something else, I'll stop loving her and she'll never be fulfilled. She'll be torn between what I want from her and what he soul calls her to do. 

There's just now. Just this moment. Just whatever it calls for. Love. 

That is the only love that is pure. 

Life gives us gifts. But if we cling to them and try to use them to make us feel important they turn to dust in our hands. 

Life has continually cursed me with giving me everything I want. Things I never thought to dream of as a child. Things I thought were impossible. Eventually you learn to love it all and learn to recognize when you start to cling. 

I still get tripped up. 

Want to hear about the disaster that ensued when I tried to love my son over another child in his class?

@Salvijus Also slightly different wording from the Tao, 

"Everybody on earth knowing that beauty is beautiful makes ugliness. Everybody knowing that goodness is good makes wickedness."

@mandyjw

Exactly! The most mundane things are special.

And despite all of our mundaneness, we are sacred and divine.

Now, how do we make practical use of this insight?

By merging what we want with what we need, using the guidance of our feelings.

In the present moment, whatever needs to be done is exactly what we want to do. And what we want to do is exactly what needs to be.

❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict :x 

The practical part is coming along. Thanks to you. 

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

@mandyjw

How do you even enjoy life?

Makes zero sense.

When you stop trying to make sense of life, you will enjoy it.

Ta-da!

Don't think life, feel it.

@mandyjw It wasn't me though, it was always you ❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

@SoonHei :x

Edited by mandyjw

3 hours ago, Paul92 said:

@mandyjw How do you even enjoy life? Like, seriously? You say you have children. I presume you love them. But how can you if nothing is special etc. Makes zero sense.

you don't understand, when there's nothing you dislike, everything is enjoyable, if you could see beyond your mind just once you would understand

Energie coming from this thread is amazing?❤️

Sailing on the ceiling