Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Ayahuasca and 5-MeO?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have personal experience of doing Ayahuasca and 5-MeO together, one after the other? Or have researched knowledge of effects of doing both medicines on the same night? I'm curious if they are complimentary to each other. Also if one would intensify the effects of the other? And if so, could the intensifying be bad, as in overdose or blackout with normal doses of both? I'm wondering how 5-MeO could alter a Ayahuasca experience. And if Ayahuasca could be a good Segway into doing 5-MeO? As I find Ayahuasca to be peaceful and 5-MeO to be frightening. Wondering if trying 5-Meo just after, or even during a Ayahuasca trip might be a good way to smoothly transition into a 5-MeO trip, coming from that peaceful bliss. Or again, would the two add upon each other to the point of it being too much?

Also, for those that have done both, how do the two compare? I feel like I've 'gone there' with Ayahuasca , but not yet with 5-Meo, so don't necessarily have the experience to compare. 

*Direct experience responses please, not just opinions. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Ayahuasca and 5-MeO together

It sounds dangerous to combine two subtence. You maybe need to at least start with smal dose in both Ayahuasca and 5-MeO.

11 hours ago, Peo said:

It sounds dangerous to combine two subtence. You maybe need to at least start with smal dose in both Ayahuasca and 5-MeO.

Thank you for the opinion. I understand the jumping to 'combining two psychedelics is bad'. But I've done quite a bit of research and seems it's a common practice to do both. Just wanted to see if there was any here with personal experience with it, or anyone who has done more research on the subject.  

I've never taken ayahuasca or straight DMT, so I can only talk about it from a theoretical standpoint.

The MAOI in the ayahuasca brew would intensify and prolong the 5-MeO-DMT, because the MAOI would slow the rate at which your body breaks down the 5-MeO-DMT. Also the DMT + 5-MeO-DMT would add to each other, making it a much stronger experience.

Some traditional ayahuasca brews use 5-MeO-DMT containing plants in addition to the normal DMT and MAOI ones, and sometimes there are even sketchy things like deleriants in them. I would imagine the concentration of 5-MeO-DMT in these brews is pretty low.

This is definitely really far out stuff to experiment with, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Even straight up ayahuasca seems a bit risky to me, which is part of the reason why I've never tried it.

Before I ever tried 5-MeO-DMT I thought it would be good to take it in combo with another psychedelic like LSD or something, as a sort of launch pad. But now that I've done it quite a few times, I have no compulsion to combo it. I'd say just try it by itself first before bothering much with combo imaginings. There's nothing like it, and it doesn't need anything else added, I find.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Thank you @outlandish! Great info. The reason I even ask, is I'm am very experienced with Ayahuasca. I find it to be gentle and blissful. But I have a lot of fear around 5-Meo, to the point of I just can't surrender to it. Tried a couple of times. It's a full on panic attack. So thought maybe a good time to take 5-MeO is right after a Aya ceremony, so I'm going into it already in that blissed out space. So could be better equipped to surrender. 

I think I've decided to try it two days after my upcoming 3 day Aya ceremony. It'll be out of my system, so no worries of mixing anything. But I'll still be in a state of bliss, so might be a good space for doing 5-MeO. 

That sounds good to me - long enough that your system is pharmacologically clear, but still in the afterglow period. I think you could bump them even closer together without any fear of bad interaction issues, like the next day or even the same day once the ayahuasca has mostly worn off.

You'll still have to surrender!! But it should be easier to surrender when you've prepared like that, feeling good and cleansed and all that.

What kinds of doses and ROA have you tried with 5-MeO-DMT?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

When you do 5-MeO properly, you will not need or want anything more.

It is the pot of gold at the end of the psychedelic rainbow.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, outlandish said:

What kinds of doses and ROA have you tried with 5-MeO-DMT?

I did a report awhile back. 4 days. Day 1: 10mg rectally =nothing, followed immediately by another 12mg=still nothing. Day 2: 20mg rectally=no effect at all, followed immediately by another 12mg=still nothing. Day 3: 18-20mg nasally =no effect. Day 4: 22mg nasally =severe panic attack, nothing other than that. So to me the panic attack is the barrier I'm trying to get over. I know its the key to the kingdom, pot of gold, the answers to everything all that, but doesn't do a lot of good if I can't get there if I'm fighting a panic attack when it kicks in. As far as I can tell I have two choices. Either find a way to go into the 5-MeO calm and peaceful, hence the Ayahuasca idea, or just do 30-40mg and hopefully go under before a panic attack has a chance to come on.