Arnold666

Carl Jung The red Book

4 posts in this topic

I don't think people realize how Carl Jung came up with all of his ideas. People don't understand the enormity of it. Only when they published the Red Book in  2009 we realiezd that that was the basis of EVERYTHING that he did in his career. Everything came from that.  So what is about ? Well, it's an acount of his expiriences, his journal, it's his "psyche" giving this wisdom through visions. So if your familiar with the samanic vision technique, what later he called activ imagination, he went to bed for (for like 20 years he did this) and started meditating. Just resting in unconditioned consciousness and letting the imagination flow. Things would just pup up and menifest, visions, places, people, demons, angels and slowly he started talking with them. At one point he got so good at it that he would see these things with his eyes open, in broad daylight. Dude, the things he is seeing and the things the angels and demons are saying to them and the shit he is going through, it's just crazy amazing. That's why i want you guys to know about these things, i really think people are unaware about the dude and he is under appreciated. 

“The years… when I pursued the inner images, were the most important time of my life. Everything else is to be derived from this. It began at that time, and the later details hardly matter anymore. My entire life consisted in elaborating what had burst forth from the unconscious and flooded me like an enigmatic stream and threatened to break me. That was the stuff and material for more than only one life. Everything later was merely the outer classification, scientific elaboration, and the integration into life. But the numinous beginning, which contained everything, was then.”- Carl Jung

Some quotes: “Hell is when you know that everything serious that you have planned with yourself is also laughable, that everything fine is also brutal, that everything good is also bad, that everything high is also low, and that everything pleasant is also shameful.”

“The deepest Hell is when you realize that Hell is also no Hell, but a cheerful Heaven, not a Heaven in itself, but in this respect a Heaven, and in that respect a Hell.”

“But the supreme meaning is the path, the way and the bridge to what is to come. That is the God yet to come. It is not the coming God himself, but his image which appears in the supreme meaning. God is an image, and those who worship him must worship him in the image of the supreme meaning. The supreme meaning is not a meaning and not an absurdity, it is image and force in one, magnificence and force together. The supreme meaning is the beginning and the end. It is the bridge of going across and fulfillment. The other Gods died of their temporality, yet the supreme meaning never dies, it turns into meaning and then into absurdity, and out of the fire and blood of their collision the supreme meaning rises up rejuvenated anew. The image of God has a shadow. The supreme meaning is real and casts a shadow. For what can be actual and corporeal and have no shadow? The shadow is nonsense. It lacks force and has no continued existence through itself. But nonsense is the inseparable and undying brother of the supreme meaning. Like plants, so men also grow, some in light, others in the shadows. There are many who need the shadows and not the light. The image of God throws a shadow that is just as great as itself. The supreme meaning is great and small, it is as wide as the space of the starry Heaven and as narrow as the cell of the living body.”

“When I saw that the devil is joy, surely I would have wanted to make a pact with him. But you can make no pact with joy, because it immediately disappears.”

“The devil is an evil element. But joy? If you run after it, you see that joy has evil in it, since then you arrive at pleasure and from pleasure go straight to Hell, your own particular Hell, which turns out differently for everyone.”

“Nothing is more valuable to the evil one than his eye, since only through his eye can emptiness seize gleaming fullness. Because the emptiness lacks fullness, it craves fullness and its shining power. And it drinks it in by the means of the eye.”

“The devil knows what is beautiful, and hence he is the shadow of beauty and follows it everywhere, awaiting the moment when the beautiful, seeks to give life to God.”

“If your beauty grows, the dreadful worm will also creep up you, waiting for its prey.”― C.G. Jung, The Red Book: Liber Novus

Poetic, but pretty non dual to me. And there are more, that is all about non duality, or how the opposites need each other and then it transcends into ONE.

Also a trailer for the book: 

If you guys are interested read AION where the dude demonstrates how Jesus is a simbol for the SELF and Mysterium Coniunctionis where he talks about that alchemy wasn't about turning fizical things into gold but it was about self realization, about turning your self intro the TRUE SELF, that is where the real gold is, alchemy was about ENLIGHTENMENT but he called the process of individuation.

Edited by Arnold666

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

Thanks man.

I have few of Jungs books and enjoyed them very much.

Somehow i have never paid attention to red book, but order is now on the way.

Jung was definitely one of the best "thinkers" in West in the last 100 years. He´s stuff is deep and mystical (he was a mystic, not just a psychologist) and i can see why it ain´t so popular in mainstream psychology.

Edited by Richard Alpert

@Richard Alpert Oh, yeah man and also in the spirit of the latest videos of Leo about duality if you wanna do some more homework about it in the  Mysterium Coniunctionis Jung talks about duality and how the ego is created because of it, he talks on so great lengths, also on steroids cuz its his last book before he dies and all his life wisdom goes in it and its so deep and hard to read like i its shocking. Trully, trully shocking. Terrifying book. Never saw, red, heard something like that before. The brain power the dude had it's God like. 

P.S. i just red not long ago that he had a massive heart attack and had a near death experience. Cut the story short he was walking in the woods and saw a cave, he entered and saw a Yogi meditating. He than realised that that Yogi was him and he is dreaming this Carl Jung life. It is just this Yogi's dream this Carl Jung persona and when the Yogi(HE) will wake up, the Carl Jung life will end cuz all that is this Jung was just a dream. The Yogi had a dream and he thought it was a Swiss psychiatrist. 

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

On ‎24‎.‎4‎.‎2019 at 8:52 AM, Arnold666 said:

@Richard Alpert Oh, yeah man and also in the spirit of the latest videos of Leo about duality if you wanna do some more homework about it in the  Mysterium Coniunctionis Jung talks about duality and how the ego is created because of it, he talks on so great lengths, also on steroids cuz its his last book before he dies and all his life wisdom goes in it and its so deep and hard to read like i its shocking. Trully, trully shocking. Terrifying book. Never saw, red, heard something like that before. The brain power the dude had it's God like. 

P.S. i just red not long ago that he had a massive heart attack and had a near death experience. Cut the story short he was walking in the woods and saw a cave, he entered and saw a Yogi meditating. He than realised that that Yogi was him and he is dreaming this Carl Jung life. It is just this Yogi's dream this Carl Jung persona and when the Yogi(HE) will wake up, the Carl Jung life will end cuz all that is this Jung was just a dream. The Yogi had a dream and he thought it was a Swiss psychiatrist. 

Nice. Here is one of Jung´s interview where he is 84 and still working. He was still very sharp. 

In 7:45 he is asked do you believe in god and he answers "i know".