LoveandPurpose

how do you accept/love yourself fully?

35 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Serotoninluv Yes that's where I'm also confused: What role does consciousness play here? Just observing the thoughts? I feel like that this approach doesn't really solve the issue because it has to be tackled on a personal/egoic level through changing your thoughts.

What are your thoughts on that?

There is awareness which is detached and disidentified. A selfless awareness observes the underlying psychological dynamic as it is revealed. 

Trying to solve, tackle and change self criticism is a form of self criticism within the underlying psychological dynamic. It may provide relief and reduce the intensity of impact to one's mind-body, yet it won't deconstruct and dissolve the underlying dynamic.

@Serotoninluv So awareness alone is curative? Leo says in his perfectionism video that a change in thinking is required. I feel like awareness doesn't really change my thought patterns.

41 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Serotoninluv So awareness alone is curative?

You asked "how do you accept/love yourself fully".

A cure needs a disease. A solution needs a problem. A right needs a wrong.

Awareness reveals the nature of both that which is criticized and that which criticizes. Then, understanding of the relationship arises. 

For me, the greatest insights were revealed with shamanic breathing. It involves both mind and body. 

15 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

How do I get to a place where I'm fully okay with myself?

Listen to emotions not thoughts and beliefs.  Self honesty within is the path of true liberation.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I have this problem and I've been staring at myself in the mirror every morning from my "worst angles" that trigger me. I do this for two minutes and feel into all of the feelings that come up and not judging them as "bad emotions" rather just completely accepting them. For example ask yourself: What does it feel like to not be able to accept yourself? Accept that. What does it feel like to be angry that you cannot accept that you cannot accept yourself? Accept that. Eventually you'll break down the resistance layer by layer and tune into your authentic self ;) 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

You CUT OUT AND ELMINATE ALL IDIOTS and people and sources in your life that make you feel like shit.

If this means divorcing your family and parents then so be it.

You continue meditating for an hour a day.

And self confidence and self love will naturally come.

Get rid of the dickheads and assholes and people that make you feel weird in your life first 

Edited by JohnnyBravo

There was a very good self-love video by Leo some time ago and it helped me a bit, but what made a 180 degree shift in my was following his recommendation to check out Matt Kahn's teachings. Listened to every video on his YT channel, read both his books and it blasted me into a whole different dimension. Hard to overstate how much he helped me in that regard.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:35 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

I find myself having trouble truly accepting/loving myself. 

I struggled with that a great deal as well. I wouldn't say that I fully accept myself but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, LoveandPurpose said:

I noticed that perfectionism is a big issue of mine. Demanding that everything is perfect also includes myself, which is an ideal I can only fall short to.

Yes, exactly this. It was a huge problem of mine. I ended up working with a therapist to get a handle on this. If you can do that, I would highly recommend it.

Ironically, you will love yourself most when you lose your self.  This is one of the fascinating paradoxes of Enlightenment work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Stenne said:

@Joseph Maynor will doing nothing meditation help whit that?

Yeah.  That's one of my daily practices.  "Do Nothing Meditation" helps you locate being and learn to watch the Ego-Mind from kind of a corner in the room without identifying with it.  This is a good video that goes with this kind of practice.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Get rid of the fucking losers and dickheads and assholes in your life. Men or women. Authority or equal. Get rid of them.

A person who loves himself will have zero idiots in their life.

A person who feels their self respect is something to be comprimised like an old dirty dustbin then they naturally will not love themselves.

Get rid of the idiots.

Enlightenment takes too long to wait on self love. If you can do it tonight then cool

But if youre not enlightened and desire the sane option then GET RID OF THE IDIOTS.