Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gadasaa

A Question

10 posts in this topic

Hi, 

My name is Al and i'm new to this forum. Recently, i've been feeling like that i'm doing worse than those people who don't do self development at all. About a month ago, i was let go from my job. Now, i'm pursuing a new business opportunity which i'm not certain that it will work out. Friends and people i know in general, that don't do self development seem to be doing a lot better than me and I'm wondering why that's the case. I'm not trying to boost my ego but honestly, I feel like i understand about the nature of things a lot more than most of them and yet, doing same or worse in general. What am i missing? What would you suggest that i do differently to be more successful? 

Thank, 

@Gadasaa That's not unusual.

1) Keep in mind that most people look happy from the outside when in fact they suffer deeply inside and their lives are going down hill. Many celebrities fit this description.

2) It takes time to build up a great thing. Investment is required. For example, starting a business might put you into debt more so than someone working at Starbucks. But in the long-run you will be much wealthier as a business owner.

3) Learning theory takes time and energy away from practice. Some guy totally focused on practice will achieve more results in the short term but less in the long term.

4) You cannot compare yourself to anyone else. Other people are not in your shoes. They have different abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Some people are "naturals" in certain areas of life which you will have to work your ass off to attain.

5) Progress is highly non-linear. It has ups and downs. Sometimes you must take 1 step back to go 2 steps forward.

You need to have a vision and long time horizon and be patient.

See my video: Be Fucking Patient!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

See my video: Be Fucking Patient!

I youtube searched 'Be fucking patient'. Dont look at any video apart from Leo's at the top! Although someone who kinda looks a bit like Leo 'stars' in the second video too...

That totally makes sense, progress is surely non-linear as i experienced before and i should stop comparing myself to others. 

Edited by Gadasaa

@Leo Gura All right Leo, I really appreciate your response! I'll definitely take a look at that video of yours you mentioned. 

I think when you are doing self-development you are looking at difficult things, if you are doing it properly. You are in the trenches, whereas some people aren't, for whatever reason.

@Gadasaa

You're doing worse than others because you're deconstructing your illusions, while they ignore doing that, so their auto-pilot mode is driving them.

After a while you will start figuring out what to do and how to do, you need some faith and patience.

I think the best thing to do in your situation is to become clear about your goals. Do you really want success? Or do you want happiness? These two are polar opposites at first, but eventually they will go full circle and complete each other.

Just make sure you don't harm your survival abilities while progressing, and also try to avoid debating, and be silent and observing, that's where most growth happens.

@Truth Addict @studentofthegame Really appreciate your responses, guys. Yes, I really want to succeed to show that entrepreneurship is better path to financial freedom and personal happiness. I think that the two things that's holding me back the most, is fear (anxiety) and procrastination. I also totally agree that observation is one of the best ways to learn and grow. 

@Gadasaa  I remember being in a similar situation, being interested in self-actualization, while struggling to do basic things. The key for me was to be more real about myself, more honest. I noticed, that I was just being cool inside my own head, I was making these bullshit models about what is good you know. Maybe this might help? For me it turned out, that I didn't actually work so hard you know, when you are constantly skipping days of meditation, eating healthy, kriya yoga etc... it is really easy to get lost, because you cannot really keep track of your actions... :) Maybe this is not your case though.

@bejapuskas Thanks for sharing your experience. I really like the idea of being more real about yourself and honest. So, that way one can clearly see what needs to be improved. If I'm dishonest, then I'm just deceiving deceiving myself.