Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

My chemistry teacher in high school promoted ''not eating bread''

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

As many of you know, I am in 9th grade. Yesterday, my chemisty teacher introduced us to the basic molecules of protein, carbohydrate and glucose.

When explaining more about carbohydrates, he came up with this. He said:
''Carbohydrates in normal products makes you first feel really energized, folllowed up by a 'down'. At this stage you feel really tired and just want to go home. I personally used to experience this. On 09:00 AM I was all fit, but on 05:00 PM I was more than ready to go home. To stabilize your carbohydrates intake you either have to eat whole grain (so you are mediocre energized throughout the entire day) or you eliminate bread from your diet. I must say that I have been doing this for a long time (not eating bread) and I am in fact feeling much better. Sure, you first have to figure out how to replace all the bread in your diet, but after that it really pays off.''

That is where my question comes in for you guys:
''How the fuck is a teen supposed to eliminate bread from his diet?''

I know that Leo loves to kill bread, probably bury it and then laugh about it. The man is a maniac when it comes to bread... anyways! What suggestions do you have for me? Eliminating bread from your diet isn't the most-widely known thing people do and so finding proper information is really hard. I wonder what you guys have in mind. 

Oh, and is it necessary to post a summary of my eating routine? Would it help?

lol, just literally anything else thats not bread!

I agree that bread is not that great, but I still eat it from time to time. My biggest dislike is that it has gluten and I do notice it has an effect on my energy.

So I imagine you are kind of wondering, how do I replace my lunch sandwiches because I ate that a lot in high school. 

All you have to do is replace that carb with another carb, so eat fruits, vegetables, rice, potatoes, nuts, seeds, or beans instead. Start bringing in homemade food instead of buying from the cafeteria or commercial stores unless they can accommodate your lifestyle.

I will spoil a big secret. Big big secret...

Breakfast is an industry. Not a meal.

The reason most people are not hungry in the morning is because this is natural.

Stop eating breakfast in the morning. Eat it about 5 or 6 hours after waking.

As for bread, the shit is absolute evil.

But if you are going to eat bread or a donut (I do so no blame), then at leat dont combine it with any protein or fat.

So if you are going to have a donut, just have the donut.

Sadly yes, this means have mininal items on pizza and sandwiches.

Bread is fucking evil.

Wheat/Gluten is the issue. Millet, Buckwheat, Chickpea ect.. other natural, whole sources of non-gluten containing breads are used among the healthiest and longest lived people. Its not hard to swap and make healthy versions of what you love or grew up eating and if you are lazy then that's your self-imposed suffering and you deserve what emit.

B R E A T H E

On 4/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Ampresus said:

''How the fuck is a teen supposed to eliminate bread from his diet?''

Fruit salad, porridge and matcha smoothies are my substitutes nowadays. I eat bread once or twice a month, (if i go to subway).

Bread absolutely mullered me this weekend. I ate somewhere around a quarter of a baguette (so less than a subway footlong) with the insides gutted filled with antipasta.

For the next 10 hours or so I was in agony....some kind of spontaneous gluten attack or something, having not eaten bread for a few weeks before and even than just one of those 99p mcdonalds chicken tasty things.

Honestly I don't like carbs at all and do far better on keto. I am 2 days into keto right now, getting keto flu / fat adapted.

Not sure how it is hard to eliminate bread, if you eat consciously. Just...don't eat bread???