luckieluuke

Excellent and brand spanking new video on Advaita Vedante

4 posts in this topic

What do you guys and girls think? I never got such a great overview of Advaita Vedante before so I wantet to spread the word :)

The more I learn about spiritual practices, gurus, schools etc I get the feeling that people who actually do get enlightened don´t follow a path set by others but create their own.
All three schools of advaita vedante are correct but should not be followed fanatically. Buddhism and Zen also.

Advaitha Vedanta /Upanishads existed much before Ramayana period which is approximately 7500 years.like wise Aadi shankaras period is not as mentioned.

Except for the historical time period mentioned I think rest all should be fine.

Really found it interesting how the "new" techings say that you can choose one out of 4 paths, or that you only need the path of spiritual wisdom. And neither of these are true to the original teachings wich say that you need to follow all paths to reach enlightenment. Personally that resonates with me more.
Another weird thing is that spiritual knowledge is a different path from meditation. Sounds to me that meditation should be your main source of knowledge and old scriptures should only be used as wayposts along the way.