Inliytened1

Free will?

34 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Thanks for the thoughts on this thread guys.

What i have found in my 48 years is that yes free will is a very sneaky illusion.  More to what Truthaddict stated.  It appears that we have free will because when we make a decision we actually feel and think like we are making it.  But in reality there is something bigger going on - to Leo's point.

I know this topic has been discussed many times before but it was a thing i discovered much later in my spiritual work.  It was a sneaky one for me.

You could make that argument that yeah there is free will because someone is going to see this thread and say fuck that i know there is a free will...in fact i'm going to prove that there is by driving my fucking car off a cliff.  And so he does..and bye bye him.

But who was thinking that...who was really thinking that?   See what i mean?  Wasn't that the Will with a capital W?

Again goes back to my earlier post  -  his death leading to some greater good down the line so many moves ahead that our finite minds can't even fathom it?

?

37 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Point to free will. Point to no free will.

Now point to your brain. Cause that’s where it “is”.

that’s unthinkable.

You're partially divine, otherwise you wouldn't have freewill, "made in the image of God". Guilt innocence, theft, murder, lying etc would mean nothing. The Leibniz conception of freewill extending only as far as taste is insufficient. As you're partially made in the image of God, you may in fact be immortal. However as you are not the totally of the Godhead which would mean nothing, that is not a certainty. Satanic influence may see you burning in hell.

The Ego is self regulating, as a far as I can tell. (Jungian conception).

Nature to be commanded, must be obeyed. - Francis Bacon. Nature is a limit. All creation comes from God.

Power unlimited POWER!

Can you really say you created the universe, or did it just appear, without effort or will?

If it just appears, i.e. like a dream just appears, and everything in the dreams are connected..

How can you say you have your own free will?

The funny thing is if you believe in free will, you are always on the right track because if free will was an illusion, you could only have this belief because you didn't choose to believe in free will. If you don't believe in free will and free will was real, then you are fu**ed up. 

Besides I don't really believe in free will but my ego is not ready to give it up. For some people it is better to believe in free will whatever the truth is. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

If you force yourself to believe in no-free-will, you will usually catch yourself acting as if you had free will to reach this state of mind. That's what I can tell from my experience.

@Jack Walter Leon indeed relative to you..you do have free will or so it appears.  But from God's perspective you do not.

I was speaking of the universal perspective.  But notice even within yourself -  do you ever feel like you are being guided almost? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 

56 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Jack Walter Leon

But notice even within yourself -  do you ever feel like you are being guided almost? 

I once had an awakening experience when I realized that everything in my life had to unfold exactly as it did. It was this sudden realization out of nowhere which eventually got me into spirituality.

So yeah, I felt like my whole life was guided by a higher force. 

But of course I couldn't hold this state of mind but since then I'm acting as if I had free will but my intuition tells me that I don't have to worry because I'm not in control of my decisions. I've got a heavy monkey mind by the way, I can't even meditate. 

12 hours ago, youngshinzen said:

For me the insight was: None of the things I perceive are coming from me

If all is ONENESS where else could things come from but you?

You are just not fully conscious yet of how everything circles back to you.

Your will creates the universe. But this is only true if you are in a totally nondual state of consciousness. Don't expect it to be true in a conventional human state.

Trip deeper and you'll realize you are creating the whole thing.

13 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@Leo Gura Seriously , how can you ''become more'' something that you already are ? You are very confuse about the ego(you) and God .

Sure you can. You can be more or less aligned with the Truth. Someone like Donald Trump is God, but he is not aligned with it so his power, love, and goodness is very limited. There are many degrees of alignment and embodiment. For example, an awake racist is not fully aligned with the Truth. And yes, there are awake racists, sexists, and so forth. Many people have awoken but stayed at stage Blue ethnocentric. That's very common in the East.

Some folks act more God-like than others, even though of course all folks are God. Hitler did not act very God-like. He was more of a devil. But of course the devil is none other than God. But it's a God which lacks self-awareness that it is God. So what we're talking about is degree of awareness of oneself as God. For example, I know that I am God. But I could be more aware of it than I presently am.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Degrees of awareness about it sounds misleading I think as it's not about becoming aware, even though it appears like that, it's stranger than it sounds even right, but it's about destroying the falsehood we project over it.

I also feel like saying 'your will' creates the universe is misleading, if you have an existentially alive electric grid that just exists.. no one made it, yet apparent minds can appear in it.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

Your attention if your free will, use it outside of yourself and get crushed by the influence of others. Use it inside with the breath and one becomes unshakable 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I think the better question to ask is not does free will exist but WHO is it that is in control?

Who are you and what embodiment is exhibiting the act of will-power?

Are you, as in what you think the self is, in control of everything that is within the self?

Do you control all your organs completely by will or are they autonomous organisms inside of a larger embodiment?

You see, the more organs working together the more abilitity to freely move, think, make better choices that improve survival for the embodiment. You could say complexity gives rise to power to have greater control over the embodiments survival or free-will.

The illusion however is that you are a single identity whereas you are consisting of many foreign organisms working together.

The will power is the whole working together harmoniously and in-balance, expressed by improving survival and better choices.

Will-power is love for the whole, the better you sustain the embodiment of the self, the more will-power you gain.

Free-will is a pursuit of the ego, the illusion of self as single identity to prove it's mono-autonomous existence and control. The truth is that we have to embrace that we are more than what we think, bigger and complexer, that absolute control is a mere illusion but that love will bring us a lot closer to what we collectively want to achieve.

Cheers.

free will is pursue of ego, k I will say that believing that you have no free will is pursue of ego, prove me wrong,