ana maria

Meditation Music

11 posts in this topic

I was wandering what do you people think about meditation music, I came across Kip Mazuy music two years ago and I like it a lot, it helps me to calm down very quickly. I have started a program of 90 days of meditation and I want to do it correctly, has anyone tryed meditation while listening to this kind of music? Is it just a distraction  for the mind or does it really work? 

@ana maria     This I use sometimes and have had positive experiences. Not exactly music in that sense. Whatever works for you.  I place awareness on the in-breath, out breath for my usual meditation in silence

I do believe they are a distraction, but a good one9_9 , kind of effortless meditation... In my view, what is effortless is not really an achievement.

Here is my favorite one, this gets me in the mood in a matter of seconds absolutely perfect:

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

If that helps you get through your 90 days, go for it! At the end of the 3 months, you can try it without the music and see how that goes. That's the way I did it when I started, and I still listen to binaural beats a couple times a week during my meditations. You will be on the road to some changes in the way you live your life if you do those 90 days. Stick with it!

I also listen to Kip's music from time to time. His art is incresible and can put me into great bliss.

I usually focus on the breath or directly on awareness and let the music resonate with my body. Very quickly I an vibrating like crazy!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I have been listening to beethoven's symphonies nonstop lately. Always calms me down and soothes anxiety. It is amazing to listen to while meditating, just let the music wash over you and learn to listen. Will quiet the mind very fast. Or use it as a prelude to meditation. 

Edited by starsofclay

Music can be a great help in your daily meditation.

It can be an excellent guide, not only calming your mind but also helping you focus within.

However, it's important you don't shift your focus from your meditation to music because its purpose it's not to serve as an object of meditation but more like a tranquilizer.

It's up to you to choose the best way to improve your meditations.

Edited by BuddhaTree
grammar error

I like listening to music while I contemplate, but a part of me thinks this is doing it the wrong way, as in, isnt the point of meditation to focus on formlessness? so I dont know, I think silence is more attuned with formlessness than music

I have been listening to video game music/movie soundtracks while meditating. I just focus my attention on the sounds. I found that it deepens my meditation to a point where I'm getting chills all over my body. One time I smoked a little bit of weed and then when I listened to the music while meditating I was blasted into my imagination. I am an artist and I usually visualize my story in my head like I was watching a movie but that time I was absorbed into the scene almost completely. The scene was so epic and with the music boosting the experience, I felt such love and extacy. It was something that I had never experienced before. ?