bejapuskas

Allergic to psychedelics

19 posts in this topic

Is this a real possibility? I have never heard anything about it, but that's why I am asking... :) 

Can someone please answer this? I don't want to risk my life.

If you're taking any mind altering substance in any capacity you should be doing far more thorough research than just asking on the forums. You can pull up those answers with google and webMD, dude.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

You cannot be allergic to ALL psychedelics, imo.

You must test the drug whenever possible using a tester kit. Secondly, always start out with a small dose (like 30ug for LSD) just to see how your body reacts to it. That should do the trick.

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

Oh yeh, I watched and took detailed notes on all Leo's videos about psychedelics, it just seems that he doesn't mention allergic reactions anywhere, also I was looking for if you guys have some advanced tips or direct experiences with these things.

53 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

Oh yeh, I watched and took detailed notes on all Leo's videos about psychedelics, it just seems that he doesn't mention allergic reactions anywhere, also I was looking for if you guys have some advanced tips or direct experiences with these things.

you need to do more than just watch Leo's videos.

Watch PsychedSubstance, go to erowid.org, and google anything else you need.

@SgtPepper  Thanks for recommendations. I am not planning to try any substances in the near future though, so I have plenty of time to do research.

In practice it's not a big threat. Just start with a small dose.

The worst thing you can do as a newbie is take too big a dose. So always err on the side of smaller and you should be okay.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@SgtPepper  Thanks for recommendations. I am not planning to try any substances in the near future though, so I have plenty of time to do research.

Good luck man and just start slow. Do you have allergies?

My SO has a tree nut allergy, but has had no problems with LSD. Perhaps one way to know whether you're allergic to mushrooms is to have culinary mushrooms.

@Leo Gura Thanks Leo. :) My friends introduced me to Uniao do vegetal, which is kind of like a psychedelic community. (you are probably aware of it) I will probably start there, as it sounds really safe and you also get a good guidance from the people there. It's just that they aren't based in my country, and I haven't even turned 18 yet, so I would need a confirmation from my parents. (which I might get if necessary though)

@SgtPepper  I haven't had any problems with food until recently. I am still not sure about what it is though, I will visit the doctor. But I think that mushrooms are ok for me :) 

You can always meditate instead of taking psychedelics.

@bejapuskas i tried Yhuasca once with uniao de vegetal. It’s very religious though. Throughout the ceremony they read a lot of rules and articles and they do religious hymns and musics. Also I threw up and ayahuasca tea is known to make stomach upset, about 4 people at the session got sick and threw up.

That being said on Ayahuasca, throwing up has also been attributed to emotional purging. It can be a positive.

-Aristotle 

@OrpheusNovum  Yeh, I am still planning to try it, as it is probably safer, than just plugging some substance at home... I can't imagine, if my mum caught me hugging the toilet bowl hahahahahahaha. My main concern is safety now...

5 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@OrpheusNovum  Yeh, I am still planning to try it, as it is probably safer, than just plugging some substance at home... I can't imagine, if my mum caught me hugging the toilet bowl hahahahahahaha. My main concern is safety now...

From what I've seen, you shouldn't do Ayahuasca alone. There are retreats you can take where you'll be exposed to it gradually over the course of a few days by people who know what they're doing. Of course, I can't imagine how you'd get it from your everyday dealer, but it's worth saying.

-Aristotle