Silence Speaks

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Amazing work as always!

Silence is the music of God ;)

Edited by Truth Addict

Posted (edited)

@Truth Addict @now is forever Thank you. :x

This journal is to document my work towards making the art that I always really wanted to make but didn't let myself for various reasons.

I'm also going to use it to document certain signs, symbols, important tarot cards, and show some of the photos that are important to me. 

Yesterday's work...

reIMG_4295f.jpg

reIMG_4299d.jpg

They all have a different motifs on the reverse sides. The center green goddess one is going to be mine I think. It has moon phases on the backside. 

Edited by mandyjw

Posted (edited)

they are all really pretty but the one you showed on the top is mastery. did you ever try to do more than one of a kind and just sell the most perfect out of them? that’s what you‘d do in design class.

i really like the blackness of the pearls. it’s like lacquer and it reminds me very much of art pieces from the 20ies.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever They look a lot better photographed individually. I could afford to do that if i was famous but I have to keep my prices lower and sell almost everything I make for now. Glass work is different because it's almost like playing an instrument, so much of it is physical technique and muscle memory. You have to do the same things over and over and over again to get good. It's a good lesson in learning to let go of imperfections. It's a one shot thing, the more you overwork a piece the more the colors start to scum and designs distort. 

I keep meaning to get this book. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0981484603/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I'd love to hear design ideas and critique though. 

Posted (edited)

@mandyjw

They seem kind of psychedelic art.

It's like they're derived directly from God!

:x

I'm so excited about the journaling plan, following.

Edited by Truth Addict

Posted (edited)

@mandyjw make a collection of your best pieces, don’t sell them for a while and if you have enough sell them high priced in an exhibition.

that‘s the way to make yourself a name. 

metaphorically the bigger the pearl  and the more unique the higher the longing. 

Edited by now is forever

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@mandyjw make a collection of your best pieces, don’t sell them for a while and if you have enough sell them high priced in an exhibition.

that‘s the way to make yourself a name.

Hmm... You're smart. xD

Ok, I'll save the best. I don't think I really know which are the best though. 

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Hmm... You're smart. xD

Ok, I'll save the best. I don't think I really know which are the best though. 

the best are those, you can’t believe you made them. ;)

the ones that are extraterrestrial.

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@now is forever Grr... you are tough to love. It's like talking to my better self. Ordered it. 

love you, too, mandy.

These are memorial beads with pet ashes from a beloved dog. A lady ordered them for her husband. She was amazing to work with. I want to expand my cremains/memorial bead business but made to order work always kind of stresses me out. 

reIMG_4655d.jpg

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

These are memorial beads with pet ashes from a beloved dog. A lady ordered them for her husband. She was amazing to work with. I want to expand my cremains/memorial bead business but made to order work always kind of stresses me out. 

reIMG_4655d.jpg

would you take people’s ashes?

@now is forever I do, the first memorial beads I made were for a customer that had just lost her husband, I told her I was uncomfortable but she had so much faith in me. Then she also encouraged me to publicly take orders for them. She also gave me the idea to have my seascapes change from day to night as they turned. That was technically really tricky to figure out, but it worked to my surprise.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@now is forever I do, the first memorial beads I made were for a customer that had just lost her husband, I told her I was uncomfortable but she had so much faith in me. Then she also encouraged me to publicly take orders for them. She also gave me the idea to have my seascapes change from day to night as they turned. That was technically really tricky to figure out, but it worked to my surprise.

that’s a really nice idea - the rest into the wind. it’s also good to have two, if one is lost...i guess that would be hard.

Edited by now is forever