Recursoinominado

How to integrate and embody psychedelics insights?

36 posts in this topic

@Serotoninluv That’s a little more down the road but yes that too.  This came up today. I was answering a lady’s questions and used the tea cup in front of her as that example really. Asked her what it is, she said a white tea cup. Then if you take away thinking, including words, then what is it? Ten minutes later she had a big realization on language, memory, etc. She then rolled that into time and was saying that’s the same thing. I’m doing the same thing with time! Lol.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I can handle the tea cup. Yet time seems to open up a can of worms for me.

Lately I’ve been trying to observe the movement of thoughts through time. I’m amazed by how many thoughts are based in time. It seems nearly the entire self construct is time-based. Take away the construct of time and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. . . 

19 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Deep insights from his own observations and experience will not arise. 

@Serotoninluv Yes , I agree . He will be very limited . But in a way he needs to associate something to his experience of the matter . Theory in just a representation of experience . If it's not , is just fantasy . 

@tecladocasio  ?? 

I think what you describe is a high level. Many people study the theory/concepts of others. Perhaps their whole lifetime. It can involve immense study. Yet they don’t build observation skills. Those skills needed to represent their own observations and experience into their own theories/concepts and integrate those theories/concepts into previous theories/concepts of others. This gets into higher levels of mastery ime and imo.

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Many people study the theory/concepts of others.

@Serotoninluv Exactly , sometimes as if is they are talking about some other reality that they can't reach by themselves . But if they are sharing , and if it's authentic , it must come from experience , beyond the theory . Life becomes beautiful when you start experiecing things for yourself hehe .

2 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

Life becomes beautiful when you start experiecing things for yourself hehe .

♥️ ? 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Nahm I can handle the tea cup. Yet time seems to open up a can of worms for me.

Lately I’ve been trying to observe the movement of thoughts through time. I’m amazed by how many thoughts are based in time. It seems nearly the entire self construct is time-based. Take away the construct of time and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. . . 

Time is one of the cards. Each of us creates it. Letting it go is a gain, no loss. Like a weight lifted. 

Time is created by referencing some other time. It’s that sneaky. We don’t notice what we reference as another time, is actually a thought. So we believe now, and a thought about another “time” are the same. Only with those two points can we believe in time. But one of those points is just a thought. You are a sneaky, sneaky being.  

Oddly, people are always thinking they don’t have enough time for things. That’s hilarious. Since they literally don’t have any time. 

@Nahm Ok, so let’s say I have a thought that I enjoyed my lunch yesterday with a coworker and decide to send her a thank you text.

So the thought about our lunch references another time (yesterday), yet I assume yesterday is real and I’m unaware it is just a thought?

If so, what if I was aware if thoughts as they arise? What if the thought of our lunch arose and there was awareness “this is a thought in the present moment” and there was no association with past and present. The memories and thoughts were observed as occurring in the moment, just like bird chirps occur in the moment. Some thoughts happen to be about the past. 

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Oddly, people are always thinking they don’t have enough time for things. That’s hilarious. Since they literally don’t have any time. 

Yes it’s easy to mistake psychological/inward time for actual chronological time. 

“Nahm I don’t have time to finish my homework...please a little help?” ?

@Serotoninluvcheck it dude http://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?tid=302

Edited by DrewNows

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Nahm Ok, so let’s say I have a thought that I enjoyed my lunch yesterday with a coworker and decide to send her a thank you text.

So the thought about our lunch references another time (yesterday), yet I assume yesterday is real and I’m unaware it is just a thought?

Check right now. Is yesterday there, or is it a thought?          (“There” has some issues to btw) ?

If so, what if I was aware if thoughts as they arise? What if the thought of our lunch arose and there was awareness “this is a thought in the present moment” and there was no association with past and present.

Ya. It’s not even really a thought “in the present moment”. The “present moment” is like “now”... There’s only time if there is now and a thought about another now we mistake for time. That “second time” is just a thought. Without that “second time”, then there’s only one point remaining - “now”. But one point does not make time. So “now” has no meaning. 

The memories and thoughts were observed as occurring in the moment, just like bird chirps occur in the moment. Some thoughts happen to be about the past. 

Ya. When this is maxed out pertaining to the past it’s often called depression. When it’s about the future, it’s often called anxiety. Not a science at all, just generally speaking. At the heart of that suffering is Love/Truth. It’s the sensation mistaken for “bad” (depression / anxiety), which is actually saying “Hey!!! That ain’t True!!! You’re whole “time” thing being used to suffer - It’s not even True!!! Go live! It’s magic!! ”    But Truth doesn’t yell words like that so,... you know how we do it. We persist. ??

@Nahm Thanks I’m getting it ? 

I’e had the realization that there is only now - so the term now is unnecessary since there is only now. Yet I often use terms like “present moment” out of habit, 

Even without psychedelics, if one has a great realization of no self for example, you've seen you are not the body/mind/ego, and then the realization subsides, and you now are back to your old buddy ego/mind, but now you've seen the truth, now you have a choice to believe it the way you used to believe, or not, because you've seen that isn't true. If someone was lying to you every day, and you were believing it, and eventually you found out that they were lying, the next time they do, you have a choice to believe it or not.. The ego/mind will always say, please believe me, protect me, I AM YOU, etc....

And of course it was an example of one realization you can have,

This thread made me want to take a proper trip, already ordered 7g of mushrooms, going to try microdosing and one 4g trip. It's time to shake things up. 

┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂I

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.