Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Can a scientist become enlightened?

26 posts in this topic

Can a scientist become enlightened?

Can an enlightened become a scientist?

@Pouya I think I've heard of a non duality and science conference.. So possibly, yeah. Why not? And enlightenment is a science. It's been proven for a long time. There is a system.

Edited by David Hammond

4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yes, he can also become a murder, a rapist and a corrupt dictator.

Enlightenment is a realization. What you realize is one thing. How you act is another thing.

If you do it properly, by developing an ethical personality first, then you should be fine. 

7 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yes, he can also become a murder, a rapist and a corrupt dictator.

Enlightenment is a realization. What you realize is one thing. How you act is another thing.

Well said. :) Of course they can!

@Pouya

Your question worded another way = can an actor who can play any possible role, play the role of a scientist?

:)

In short, yes. An enlightened person can be anyone ... And as @Shiva said, a murderer... Etc etc.

How's this...

An enlightened terrorist? 

Oh yes. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@David Hammond @Shiva @SoonHei

What if science is too conceptual for non duality?

Maybe realizations make someone give up science (like a scientist gives up his/her job)

@Shiva a curropt dictator could be pretty selfish for that :D

7 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@David Hammond @Shiva @SoonHei

What if science is too conceptual for non duality?

Maybe realizations make someone give up science (like a scientist gives up his/her job)

You just think when you have to.

Let me make something clear. Enlightenment is not about abandoning life and mind. It's about the end of suffering and that means no longer looking for oneself in the mind.

Science is actually very accurate, there is not going to be a time when science isn't valid. Concepts have their place, but they are just not the big picture.

@Jkris I love science thats why.

I assume that more awakenings will distance me from science.

Maybe I want to be neuroscientist because I really like it but at the same time question that "is there a brain?" :D

Or can it actually help with it?

7 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@Shiva a curropt dictator could be pretty selfish for that :D

Look at osho. He had narcissistic personality disorder. But the more I look into him, the more I don't even think he was enlightened. He was a cult leader and tried to make up his own version of enlightenment. He didnt teach classic enlightenment, he taught a mish mash of everything he studied. And he studied a lot. His talks seem to be the mind regurgitating stuff rather than true insight 

@Shiva the teachers are different because they have egos. The role of the teacher.

Can one communicate without an ego?

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Maybe. 

I think for someone who has realized the oneness of existence and that he literally is every other person, it's unlikely that he becomes a rapist.

However, I think enlightenment does not dictate behavior. Why would it? Look at enlightened people. They are all quite different, aren't they?

Enlightenment does dictate behaviour. The ego dictates behaviour, so if the ego has behavioural manifestations then ego transcendence has genuine behavioural manifestations. The problem with theorizing and borrowing information is that the obvious is missed. 

3 minutes ago, Pouya said:

love science thats why.

I assume that more awakenings will distance me from science.

@Pouya 

Same here. I also love science. If anything, some of this work cleared up some Concepts and took me more in depth to the nature of the construct of the universe i.e. the direction quantum mechanics is headed... But isnt main stream as yet

And about being distant from Science... That's all it is... As you say so yourself... "An assumption" :)

For all you know. U can have a deep insight which can pave way for the next breakthrough to take us from the material to non-material paradigm in science (on a globally accepted scale)

So dont stop because of that. That's just fear.

Sure. Having an existential crisis or questions from awakening is a different ball game.

Also. Check out Thomas Campbell... This work took him to full depths of advancing and understanding the nature of universe and beyond. He understands it from a scientific perspective. Not entirely aware of no-self... But that's an example of deepening of understanding from this work :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Pouya I would say yes. Someone like Deepak Chopra shows a trained scientist can transcend the ego.

As a scientist, I would say there is certain conditioning within the scientific career path - technically and socially. There is a scientific paradigm which presents it’s own challenges to expand out of.  

It’s not just the individual conscious level. There is also a strong collective ego in the scientific community. Being immersed in that can be challenging to break out of. There is collective pressure to stay contracted.

12 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@David Hammond   :) :):) J.Krishnamurthy said Osho is a criminal.

I have my own suspicions about osho too. Something isn't right with him. 

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Pouya I would say yes. Someone like Deepak Chopra shows a trained scientist can transcend the ego.

As a scientist, I would say there is certain conditioning within the scientific career path - technically and socially. There is a scientific paradigm which presents it’s own challenges to expand out of.  

Yes. Deepak Chopra "MD".