Arnold666

Peter Ralston Bullshido

69 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Salvijus  Sou desuka... Setsumei wa arigatou gozaimasu, Sarubijusu-san! (I hope you are okay with me not using English here for da memes)

Nice :) i understood "arigatou gozaimasu" and "Sou desuka" but the rest of it is cosmos for me :D

You speak Japan? Or you just a really serious otaku ? :D

Edited by Salvijus

@martins name  Yeh, thats why I say it is definitely legit, succeeding in Asia is arguably harder than achieving Enlightenment.

@Salvijus  Setsumei = explanation and Sarubijusu is just a Japanese way to say Salvijus xD Both hahahahahahaha

Ushiba the founder of Aikido had psychic skills, including known cases and witnesses and sources saying how he dodged longrange gunfire bullets in this middle of a field during WW1.

He said he was able to detect tiny shimmers of white light moments before the bullet arrived, and thus moved out of the range.

He also exhausted an attacker who challenged him to a death fight. The challenger was equipped with a Katana and spent 10 minutes trying to cut Ushiba. Ushiba saw the same phenomenon with the sword in terms of the direction the sword would swing. The challenger gave up and was unharmed, in disbelief of what had happened.

Ushiba was about 5ft 3 or so- very tiny- and was reported to have been one of the strongest humans alive.

All his cultivation of Chi and energy work.

His first mentor was a healer whom did all sorts of spirit work. Not a martial arts guy. It is from here that Ushiba had the foundation for Aikido as he developed the art.

So Ralston I have no doubt is capable of similar if not greater feats. Not that hed ever bother to show it.

He is hidden in plain sight. His disguise is his 'crazy talk.' But he is real.

Understand also that Ralston does have certain siddhis (he just may not call it that). For example:

• he’s described in the past where he’s able to feel into a person’s body.
  • He also has explained how he’d know exactly what the person wanted to do and was about to do before they even did it (correlary I imagine to the above point).

@Mu_ I’m a Bjj purple belt myself also boxed & wrestled for many years. 

You lot are all complete fuckwits. Have you even met the guy? I HAVE. AND HE'S NOT NICE LOLS. 

@Shakazulu I attended his seminars when he came to New Zealand a few years ago. Meeting him for the first time was such a surreal experience and no other person has ever made such a massive impression on me. 

It was like watching a marionette play and it makes complete sense if you have an ounce of intuition about you. Imagine a puppet, entering on stage. Head down, dead to the world. They get to centre stage (in his case he sat down) and suddenly, they come to life! But as soon as the shows over, he's out. Doesn't converse with anyone. Just dissapeared to his quarters i guess. Doesn't engage in social activities. He can seem egotistical on the surface but its actually counter-intuitive. He's just being real. 

He definitely blows out your pressumptions about how an enlightened person should be or act lols. Freaky looking dude too. Deceptively big. Like, big skeletal structure and features but really underweight. Like his clothes hang off him like a clothes hanger. Bet you could move fast with nothing slowing you down.

He's like a baby faced killer.

Edited by Vinnie

@John Lula Just saw your posts lols. You see the one coming up in Holland in July? Transcending the self. Think it might be one of his last. Was thinking I might attend it.

Edited by Vinnie

8 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@Mu_ I’m a Bjj purple belt myself also boxed & wrestled for many years. 

Same here. I have a purple belt in BJJ and boxed for a couple years. Not much wrestling but I really wished I had done so in high school.

5 minutes ago, ivory said:

Same here. I have a purple belt in BJJ and boxed for a couple years. Not much wrestling but I really wished I had done so in high school.

Nice, yeah never to late, really handy to know. One of my best friends is an MMA fighter from the north caucasus's the same place as the lightweight UFC champion Khabib. They grow up wrestling from like the age of five. He showed me the power of good wresting, then in return I took him on a meditation retreat and he said it was the best thing he ever did in his life lol. 

17 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Ya as a pretty serious martial artist myself, I've had similar thoughts and don't know exactly what to think, but having given some thought, practice and application to tai chi techniques in Muay Thai/MMA fighting, there is a time and place for it, maybe in a scramble, a moment of your opponent giving to much behind a kick or punch.  It's much harder to pull off than say just throwing a punch or kick, but it can be done.  The student isn't giving any resistance here and its not at a realistic speed, but the technique if practiced and used with the right momentum of the attacker and proper technique could create off balance or trips.  I don't know if Ralston is making a point that what he's doing will work at that speed.  I'd have to spend time with him and study to really stand by my statement thought.

Cool didn't know you did MMA. 

MMA is my favourite sport, to do and watch. However I now have a love hate relationship with it as I'm not sure if it holds me back in my journey to becoming a more conscious and compassionate person. I know its useful to know it but I now think I will probably never need to as just cannot imagine myself in a fight anymore. Also watching it surely cannot be to healthy, two guys smashing each other. Do you have these thoughts or think it depends on your approach towards it? 

I don't get these so much with BJJ its more MMA, watching and competing in it. I was training recently for a match but got injured and now think I will just stop all together 

Osho has said that meeting a true master scares a person. Because the master sees through everything and one feels like they are about to die.

From descriptions here, sounds like Ralston.

Jealous of Leo and everyone here who has met him!!

Found a comment on YouTube. :

shaiisnotavailable9 months ago

let me explain to everyone who wonders about Aikido TWO THINGS: (I have been training in MMA, Boxing, Mauy-Thai, Judo and Krav_maga & and Aikido): ONE - each art is about something - to comment about a boxing match: they are just fake - lets see them against a Mauy-Thai kicker, makes no sense. To comment about a Judo Olympic fighter - he cant even dodge a punch is also as senseless. TWO: So let me tell you what Aikido IS about (its not about punching, or kicking, or even staying in good shape...). Aikido is about 5 things: 1 - spirituality (never mind that now). 2 - hands locks (go to an Aikido teacher and let him do a hand lock on you - it a very frightening experience as you get to feel totally helpless, unable to move, and in pain - even when your teacher is being gentle with you - such hand locks tern into hand breaking - if the other person doesnt move quickly enough with your hand-locks. Thats why they pre-fake the moves and jump - as if u do it for real you break the hand). 3 - leg positioning. (helped me SO MUCH in MMA, as positioning in Aikido is simple brilliant. 4 - Blending (how to move in accordance with your opponents moves, how to breath in accordance to how they breath, how to act and counter act in a way that uses their power not your....) again helped me so much in MMA. 5 - how to keep people on the ground using hand locks (when i had to jump in on the street to CONTAIN a guy that was fighting, he actually punched already three people - no - punching him in the face would have not been the right thing to do, how would it helped? would i ihave to punch him into a KO? where is the peace in that, and what if i end up being taken by the cops because i knocked him too hard? and i did not want to hold him down like in BBJ as that means I would have also been on the ground and maybe he had mates suddenly coming to jump on me? What should I do? My Aikido training was the best way! I held him in a ground Aikido lock - when I was still standing and ready if someone else tried to come, and he had no choice but to stay there. LOCKED, until the cops came). So i hope this explain it. Yes, Aikidio is as useless against punching in real life as boxing is useless against leg kicks in real life. And as Judo is useless against any punch in real life. if you want to be an all-round MMA style fighters, you have to learn FEW arts to be rounded. But Aikido IS a real art, and has a lot to teach that no other art has. SHould it be your only art if you want to be a fighter? Ofcoruse not. It has no punching. It even doesnt have physical conditioning. It is bulshit? For sure not. The skill sets it has to teach is REAL and can really make you into a far better fighter. Bless.

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@JohnnyBravo Very true. He scared the shit outta me. Forgot to mention, really funny guy too. There were equally joyous moments.

I would call that video bullshit if it was not Ralston doing it. Obviously in real fight with a good fighter that kind of stuff wont work. Even Ralston has to punch and throw people in real fight. Ralston has multiple black belts in legit martial arts, so i know he's not doing this just to show off. It would be cool to attend one of his events, i was close to attend last year but couldnt arrange it due to work  

Here is some cool Ryan Gracie BJJ video I found:

On 15.04.2019 at 5:19 PM, Arnold666 said:

Finding hard to listen to a man who does this shit. How do you guys process this ? 

The statement of Ralston in his book "The Book of Not Knowing" is the way to take on your question and it is applicable to many other tendencies which grab too quickly for answers and beliefs.

Any valid inquiry begins with not-knowing, or else it merely serves to confirm what is already known. Making a shift from knowing to not-knowing opens up a space for new understanding to arise.

unquote

Edited by kadsuy
additional information

10 hours ago, Arnold666 said:

Found a comment on YouTube...

As someone who has spent 8 years doing various styles of martial arts, I can tell you that in most cases an aikido guy would get the shit kicked out of him by a beginner to intermediate level boxer, kick-boxer, wrestler, or jiu-jitsu guy. Before there was MMA there was no holds barred fighting which was a proving ground for the various styles of martial arts. It was those 4 styles that proved their effectiveness. Mixed martial arts was born from that.

Ralston may be a master of non-duality but he picked a really shitty martial art to focus on. He drank the McDojo Kool-Aide.