Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anton_Pierre

Awareness of the Dream

22 posts in this topic

Realise that others and self are just characters in the Dream.

Awareness of the Dream is Nothingness.

Falling back asleep isn't the problem.

It's the lack of wisdom you carried from that no-self experience.

When you are in non-dual Awareness, it's worth training your mind with positive affirmations and reminders on what you are not.

@DecemberFlower sometimes one glimpse is enough and sometimes 100 glimpses aren't enough.

There is no set way. It is case by case basis.

Depending on the person and many other factors (infinte factors really :D)

It's like asking why is the boiling point of water 100°C and boiling point of iron 2862°C

It is. What it is - based on the substance/person/energy.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Ok but if you "see" that you have mistaken the rope for the snake(ego for True self)once you see it it cannot trick you anymore..and yet many people(me included) after a non dual moment fall back to sleep..

@DecemberFlower You fell back asleep because you haven't trained your mind to be a ruthless letting-goer of all Its. The main It that needs to be let go of is the sensation of self in the head. Once you are able to let go of that perceptions will be as they are with clarity.

@DecemberFlower yes...

As you may have heard it is a deconstruction process...

The snake/rope is an analogy at best.

Clearly It's not very black and white with the real deal...

It's like washing off a mark/dirt on your clothing... Depending on how deep the mark/dirt is in the fabric u may need to rinse it once or twice or multiple times...

In this case, falling back to sleep = forgetting your true nature... And that happens only if one is not certain beyond any doubt of their true nature.

Using the snake/rope... It's like... U see the rope but aren't yet 100% sure it is a rope ... And are afraid it maybe a snake (or doubting yourself) so you're still afraid to get near/touch/hold the rope... Until you absolutely 100% confirm that it is a rope and always was. Then, no more "sleeping" :)

Love Is The Answer

32 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

In this case, falling back to sleep = forgetting your true nature... And that happens only if one is not certain beyond any doubt of their true nature.

Using the snake/rope... It's like... U see the rope but aren't yet 100% sure it is a rope ... And are afraid it maybe a snake (or doubting yourself) so you're still afraid to get near/touch/hold the rope... Until you absolutely 100% confirm that it is a rope and always was. Then, no more "sleeping" :)

But in non dual moment(enlightement experience) there isnt one to doubt:D Its pretty clear what is being seen.Awareness aware of itself.

@Anton_Pierre Mind is unable to grasp the true nature anyway so training the mind has benefits only for clearing the mud from  awareness to recognize itself:)

@DecemberFlower yes. Agreed. It is very clear during "non-dual Experience"

And that's the issue right there

DecemberFlower thinking that the understanding appears only during "non-dual" Experience.

Because as soon as that changes, the understanding is foggy again.

There needs to be a total clear seeing 24/7 for it to be complete :)

Love Is The Answer

@Anton_Pierre "Awareness of the Dream is Nothingness" Could you explain more about this cause i am not sure i get it.

How can i become more aware of the dream other than just thinking or trying to believe it?

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory "how" has no answer really...

What you're "looking for" is recognition/noticing only.

You asking the how in this case is like asking this:

How does a person, who is searching for his glasses and is wearing them the whole time without realizing it, find his glasses?

When you tell me the how in this case, i will tell you the how for your question :)

Love Is The Answer

@Joker_Theory You're not supposed to think it. You're supposed to run a self-inquiry proccess whether it be mine or Leo's.

It's like you can study a bicep or you can do curls and build a body awareness. 

You are supposed to be building awareness of what you are not until a spiritual breakthrough.

@Joker_Theory and otherwise to answer your question in the other way (assuming you're new to this) try to watch your thoughts and notice how you have no idea what your next thought will be.

Also notice that your thoughts are simply thinking/occuring themselves

For this. Sit silently in a quite place where the only distraction is your thoughts . And then take a seat and watch them.

After a while, u will start to see ur thoughts as separate from you... Almost like hearing a sound like u would hear a birds chirp.

You know u haven't caused it but are aware of it :)

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei  thanks

I am not new to this but also still pretty new to nondual experiences. I have watched my thoughts before but for healing and not for enlightenment so i will give it a try. I have realized that i am the awareness of thoughts but still get caught up in them as believing them and by believing them i think i am still thinking they are my thoughts.  Very frustrating process!!!

What of the thoughts that seam to be mine like when i think or thinking happens that i am going to think a curtain thing?

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Anton_Pierre I do self-inquiry but to know what i am and not who i am not. So should i do a practice that i am not?

@Joker_Theory

10 minutes ago, Joker_Theory said:

What of the thoughts that seam to be mine like when i think or thinking happens that i am going to think a curtain thing?

all thoughts are certainly yours... But yours = Joker_Theory's.

They are pertaining to you and about you. (Joker_theory)

So first YOU need to plant this in Your mind that what's being said is that YOU are not Joker_Theory... YOU are beyond the body/mind i.e. aware of it and it's actions/thoughts all of which are spontaneously occuring (however from Your current POV they seem like Your doing) and that's because they are your doing... And here once again, your = Joker_Thoery

The whole issue is identification/attachment.

YOU are currently very much identified with the body/mind.

YOU have to come to see that YOU're not it.

And once YOU see all of that which YOU are not, YOU will be left with what YOU are.

By the way, read the above with the following reference:

YOU = awareness = your true self = what you are seeking in enlightenment

you (lowercase) = ego/Joker_Theory 

Also, 

Interest / identification / ownership is something which keeps pulling you back in.

This means for example let's say that after seeing that youre the awareness of thoughts and not them yourself... You get a thought about santa claus.. or the tooth fairy.. or a thought about some cartoon show u used to watch as kid.. it will be fairly easy to remain in the place of watching as awareness with these thoughts

But the ego is very sly

The thougts which pull u back in hold weight and usually are thougts+feeling and thus stronger.

U may have thoughts about losing your job... Or going crazy or something else... In shorts. Thoughts which you cannot just easily ignore... So u get pulled back into the identification and don't even notice when it happens... Because those thoughts seem so close.. so intimate to what you currently are identified with and are unable to just ignore or let go.

Notice that these are simply thoughts at the end of the day but they have the capacity to pull you back into the illusion.

Love Is The Answer

40 minutes ago, Joker_Theory said:

@Anton_Pierre I do self-inquiry but to know what i am and not who i am not. So should i do a practice that i am not?

@Joker_Theory To know what you are, you must know what you are not. Do the practice of finding what you are then when you think you found It, let the 'It' go because the 'It' you're looking for is 'It-less'. You will know you found 'It-less' because you will have a massive shift in conciousness.

12 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Joker_Theory

all thoughts are certainly yours... But yours = Joker_Theory's.

They are pertaining to you and about you. (Joker_theory)

So first YOU need to plant this in Your mind that what's being said is that YOU are not Joker_Theory... YOU are beyond the body/mind i.e. aware of it and it's actions/thoughts all of which are spontaneously occuring (however from Your current POV they seem like Your doing) and that's because they are your doing... And here once again, your = Joker_Thoery

The whole issue is identification/attachment.

YOU are currently very much identified with the body/mind.

YOU have to come to see that YOU're not it.

And once YOU see all of that which YOU are not, YOU will be left with what YOU are.

By the way, read the above with the following reference:

YOU = awareness = your true self = what you are seeking in enlightenment

you (lowercase) = ego/Joker_Theory 

Also, 

Interest / identification / ownership is something which keeps pulling you back in.

This means for example let's say that after seeing that youre the awareness of thoughts and not them yourself... You get a thought about santa claus.. or the tooth fairy.. or a thought about some cartoon show u used to watch as kid.. it will be fairly easy to remain in the place of watching as awareness with these thoughts

But the ego is very sly

The thougts which pull u back in hold weight and usually are thougts+feeling and thus stronger.

U may have thoughts about losing your job... Or going crazy or something else... In shorts. Thoughts which you cannot just easily ignore... So u get pulled back into the identification and don't even notice when it happens... Because those thoughts seem so close.. so intimate to what you currently are identified with and are unable to just ignore or let go.

Notice that these are simply thoughts at the end of the day but they have the capacity to pull you back into the illusion.

Ohh wowww thanks. you made me realize something i had  backwards or maybe did not understand correctly but do now. I read somewhere they said thoughts are not yours but the universes, i thought yours as in not the ego's but realize it is the ego's thoughts and not the "real YOU" thoughts of which i had backwards some how loll.

You are def right it's me as the YOU that knows it's not the body/mind but is still attached to the body/mind and forgets that fact and thinks it's lost the awareness of the YOU but the awareness is YOU.

This is been very helpful and like Anton_pierre said to use affirmations to remember these things.

Thanks!!!

5 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Joker_Theory To know what you are, you must know what you are not. Do the practice of finding what you are then when you think you found It, let the 'It' go because the 'It' you're looking for is 'It-less'. You will know you found 'It-less' because you will have a massive shift in conciousness.

Cool. thanks my friend. will do just that. :)