Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
step1

'seasonal Affective Disorder'

5 posts in this topic

It's spring here in the uk and we are having a period of really good weather at the moment.  I've been in a rutt for a while and I'm out of work, but this weather has really changed my attitude and I am so motivated at the moment.  Anyone else experience the effect the weather has on you?  If so how do you deal with those dark and gloomy days when there is low levels of sunlight?

@step1 I actually feel ok during the rainy times, it can feel nice sometimes

But I've been experiencing the nice uk weather too and it definitely helps me to wake up and it feels nice looking outside, but I still feel the same levels of motivation for example

I think with the negative connotations that rain gets, people just condition themselves to dislike it, I have tried to find enjoyment out of it, such as thinking about how cosy it feels because the clouds are close up to the earth, it's like we're in a little bubble of a world and I actually end up feeling closer to all the people and everything going on around me

5 hours ago, step1 said:

It's spring here in the uk and we are having a period of really good weather at the moment.  I've been in a rutt for a while and I'm out of work, but this weather has really changed my attitude and I am so motivated at the moment.  Anyone else experience the effect the weather has on you?  If so how do you deal with those dark and gloomy days when there is low levels of sunlight?

I think you might find this helpful @step1. ;)

@step1 It's the same in Europe too :) in the moment and where I'm living there's thousand of blooming cherry trees and it's so beautiful, I can't even word it.. I think nature is a good means to stay rooted and get vitality and joy.. and of course spring is a good time to start with acknowledging your surrounding, it's the easiest way and you can try to stay in touch even when it's rainy and unfriendly, because the beauty is still there, just a little more hidden, but you can find it every where, when you look closely.. Really!

@Kelley White seems to be an easy way :)

15 hours ago, MartineF said:

I think nature is a good means to stay rooted and get vitality and joy.. and of course spring is a good time to start with acknowledging your surrounding, it's the easiest way and you can try to stay in touch even when it's rainy and unfriendly, because the beauty is still there, just a little more hidden, but you can find it every where, when you look closely.. Really!

I have to agree with you about Spring!   Yay Gardening.  @MartineF.  I wish you a sunny weekend.  :D