Anton Rogachevski

My conclusion on the Wage Slavery concept

42 posts in this topic

@Shiva Okay I can see where you’re coming from now and I can appreciate that.

I definitely don’t know any other job other than the mind-numbing robotic work because that’s what I do currently. Where I currently work is my first ever 9-5 full time job at 23, which doesn’t require school. Previously I’ve only worked restaurant jobs, they were fun, but they still felt grindy and somewhat robotic. My current job would be perfect if a few things changed. Its literally a 10min bike ride away from where I live, I get to listen to music/podcasts, I can leave any time, and more. But the biggest thing I don’t like is that I have a manipulative chinese boss. So you can understand why I don’t like my 9-5.

And I agree, it definitely comes down to the individual, how they grew up, their capabilities, etc. In school I’ve always chose to hang out by myself, so I didn’t have the friends to talk me into going to some amazing University school. I was always independent, made my own decisions. So that’s a big reason why I don’t have a 9-5 that requires school. And that’s one reason why entrepreneurship is so appealing because in most cases it requires independence. Which most self-actualizers should have? Meditation usually leads to independence, or requires you to be. And most jobs require you to depend on a boss, and their paycheck. So even if I got a 9-5 that you’re explaining here, I don’t think I’d enjoy it. I like working by myself.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@Shiva Let me add a few more points.

You mentioned Amazon ‘may’ end at some point, which I can agree with, but same thing with everything else. Nothing lasts forever, and nothing is guaranteed. Same with a job, you can get fired or laid off unexpectedly. Or someone’s life can be taken tomorrow unexpectedly. I’ve seen those headlines too of “Amazon may fail in the future!!” But that doesn’t mean its expected in the short term. Maybe in the future when Amazon has a competitor who has technology that teleports products to your house through the computer, or if Amazon makes more mistakes that causes them to go bankrupt.

And I think the whole point of the wage slavery video is to lead people in the direction of independence, and to earn their own money. Because that’s honestly what self-actualization/spirituality seems to be about. It’s about leaning away from society and its norms. Which can be hard for a lot of people to accept, but that’s just the reality of the path. So I don’t think I would say he was specifically talking about just repetitive robotic jobs, but all jobs.

Not that I’m trying to prolong the debate here, just wanted to get it off my mind share my insight.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein