Anton Rogachevski

My conclusion on the Wage Slavery concept

42 posts in this topic

In the last couple of months I went deeper into that concept and tried to see if it's of any use, and what I see now, is that it's a narrow and negative narrative based thinking that leads to frustration and a general lack of muse.

I say that only because prior to thinking whether I was enslaved or not I was free. It's only the thought of being "enslaved" that can enslave you. If you think in terms of what you can't do, you will always see limitations, but should you really? Should you actively try and prove to yourself that you are not free? I say no, you really shouldn't!

If you feel free right now, and you stumble upon such notions as "wage slavery", it's better to avoid it. That's negative motivation, and it won't help you go deeper on your journey towards life purpose. In fact I'm so uninspired right now that I temporarily paused the work on Leo's course.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

From my point of view, this was one of the most disappointing videos Leo has ever made. Very ideological.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

If you are doing a job you enjoy you are not a slave regardless of whether you are employed or self-employed.

Wow thank you for reminding me this. This is the forgotten truth I used to know and be free. Thank you dearly for you reply.

@tsuki

As all perspectives, it's partial. Some truth, mixed with opinion. It's difficult to fathom, and it gets you through a grief process, but it is how our society is currently structured. It take much time and systematic understanding to turn this around, but until then we have to survive somehow. 

Well, the truth hurts, and its easier to avoid it rather than to acknowledge it.

As a 9-5 worker myself, I see the idea of "wage slavery" as a reminder that where I work is not what I want to be doing for my entire life. We might have different definitions of "freedom" but in reality, you're basically stuck there until 5pm. Especially if that's your only source of income and you have all these bills to pay like a mortgage, then you're literally stuck there until age 65 unless you want to drop everything or find another source of income.

Plus its a perspective that most people don't have the ability to see. These wage slavery videos are showing the blind people the way. These videos can save people's lives if its their first time hearing about the topic of wage slavery. They might think "hmm, I've been following the wrong path, maybe I'll apply it and go do this."

Freedom to me is working whenever I want, and going wherever I want, whenever. If I want to go to the beach on a Monday afternoon then I can do that without worrying about going to work.

I mean for me personally, even though my job allows me to somewhat leave whenever, and take vacation whenever, which I'm quite grateful for, I still consider it being locked up or slavery. It's called "wage slavery" for a reason. You're a slave to an hourly wage paycheck every 2 weeks while the owner is making more money than you. All we get are crumbs. You don't fall under the "wage slave" category if you're the one making the profits. Profits are better than wages.

If you saw where I work, its quite sad. 90% of the people I work with are over 50-60 years old, working in an old chocolate factory. I definitely don't want to be one of those people. The only way you'd end up like them is if you don't understand the idea of "wage slavery" and if you don't have the ability to follow through and work on your business or purpose.

Obviously escaping takes time, you need to survive somehow by working a job which is fine. No one is judging you for that, but the whole point is to escape at some point and not be there until 65.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

You are talking as if having, building business does not require you to bend your time in order for it to work, or often take way more time and stress then regular job.

I think you live in pipe dream, either you find job that you are k with , or find something that you like to  do for income , all of them require time and almost always time that you can just pick as you please, it is just matter of if you are k with it , or no. 

Ofc you can go for your plans of getting your perfect settings, but do not forget that life can go any direction, your business can fail, your business might never grow enough and you are stuck in endless problems of keeping it afloat, your profession is not as needed as it used to be, you can't find clients , anything can happen, or it all might as well go just fine. 

Edited by purerogue

You werent free, you were and are enslaved, you just didnt see it, and now you are actively denying it, so that you dont need to take responsibility for it and work hard to set yourselve free.

I agree with this for the most part and see your perspective, but it's like, we spend so much of our lives working, unless you're in a job where you can just be on autopilot and able to be mindful all day and use that time to improve yourself, shouldn't you strive for work feels more authentic to you? But you've actually given me a good insight with you're not a slave unless you think you are, if you can genuinely just not care about the work you're doing and are fully accepting of the circumstances, then you can be more fufilled than someone working a job hoping it'll fufilling them. 

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

You can strive for whatever you want, as long as you are fine with it and any consequence that comes with it, just want you to understand striving does not = success in doing so, you might find yourself in same problems, or worse then before, because it all is relative to what you make out of it 

16 hours ago, tsuki said:

From my point of view, this was one of the most disappointing videos Leo has ever made. Very ideological.

Really? That was one of my absolute favorites. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You are right that the concept of wage slavery should not become a limiting belief. A lot of people already feel enslaved in their jobs. A lot of people who are overweight feel fat. Should they feel fat? No. Should they start eating mindfully and start exercising? YES. It's the same idea.

I've have had incredible opportunities for personal and spiritual growth only because I started my own business right out of high school. You don't realize what you're missing until you have the freedom. Don't feel stuck in a job, but do consider whether or not that job is working for or against your own life vision. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I also wanted to add that owning your own business can become a very severe form if self-imposed wage slavery. It all depends on mindset, but don't dismiss external solutions to external limitations.

6 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

I definitely don't want to be one of those people

That's negative motivation. Look for what you do want, and take the necessary steps.

Freedom to me is working whenever I want, and going wherever I want, whenever. If I want to go to the beach on a Monday afternoon then I can do that without worrying about going to work.

Unfortunately that's a self-centered view on freedom that's based on the value of "comfort", which is not a high value to pursue.

It's called "wage slavery" for a reason. You're a slave to an hourly wage paycheck every 2 weeks while the owner is making more money than you. All we get are crumbs. You don't fall under the "wage slave" category if you're the one making the profits. Profits are better than wages.

Yes, he does get more, because he contributes, and he's also working much harder than you imagine. There's no free anything, there's a price to everything.

If you saw where I work, its quite sad. 90% of the people I work with are over 50-60 years old, working in an old chocolate factory.

It might be sad from your interpretation, but are they actually sad? How can you know for sure?

6 hours ago, Wekz said:

You werent free, you were and are enslaved, you just didnt see it, and now you are actively denying it, so that you dont need to take responsibility for it and work hard to set yourselve free.

You can't brute force Life Purpose, without inspiration it just won't work.

@Anton Rogachevski

You said freedom is from the inside, not the outside. And yet, you derive your motivation from the outside, from Leo, I think this can be somehow enslaving. I'd dig in here, I think there can be some value in reconsidering how you get motivated.

Plus, you judged and criticised Leo for being ideological, but is he really? Or is that just a projection?
Leo is just presenting ideas, it's up to us whether we will become ideological about them or not.
But you're right. Of course, I can work as a slave and be free at the same time. There's no difference between freedom and slavery. But, a true leader is not a slave, one can't be a true leader with the mindset of a slave.
Still, a slave with the mindset of a leader is definitely a true leader, only lacking better opportunities.
So don't feel down, we're all in the same pit, we're all slaves to reality, and we're all free from everything else.
I think a good conclusion would be the following:
In theory, there's no difference between slavery and freedom.
But in practice, there is.

:)

Do you think that the obligations to earn money to survive in this society is just a mental ilusion? Ok, leave your job and lets see what happends.

We are born in this damn system where we cannot escape unless we born in a rich family or win the lottery we are slaves, financial slaves of this machine.

That's why most of us pursue financial freedom as one of the main purposes in life. Nothing much changed since industrial revolution, we are forced to work, end of story.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Plus, you judged and criticised Leo for being ideological

That's not true. I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

It's all a matter of perspective. Chose the one that makes you feel inspired and go on with the work of liberation.

Thank you for you reply dear friend,

I've missed this forum.

1 hour ago, Moreira said:

Do you think that the obligations to earn money to survive in this society is just a mental ilusion? Ok, leave your job and lets see what happends.

Does the obligation of a hunter to hunt for food enslave him? He needs to eat doesn't he?

You are viewing the world through a perspective and you are failing to see that it's only a perspective and not the truth.

You could say:

"The hunter is a slave to his hunger and so he is forced to go and hunt."

Or:

"The hunter loves delicious food, and so he goes to get it."

@Anton Rogachevski Half truths. Its all from your perspective - what are your goals? You say "you are only seeing one perspective" but yet you yourself do not see others.

From a "Im trying to get enlightened" persepective - yes, wage slavery Is just an idea and has no foundation in reality other than an idea in our heads. True Freedom with a capital F has nothing to do with your daily life or job.

But, from a "I'm a human and only have one shot at life" perspective - no, you can not fully create and express yourself if you are employed full time and required by a "boss" to do this or that. (with exceptions of course)

Any thing else is just the tea-pot calling the kettle black

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@VictorB02

It's ok, no need to get defensive, I only shared my view. 

Perspective about perspectives is not what I seek.

May I only add that you divide Absolute Truth and put it in a limited category of it's own, and so you miss the whole point of it being "absolute".

If it's not going to be embodied in every aspect of life it's a waste of time.

Another thing is a sort of perfectionism on your part, a sort of all or nothing binary definition. "If I'm not self employed I'm a slave, if I'm an entrepreneur I'm free."