allislove

My first Vipassana retreat experience

12 posts in this topic

Finished the retreat today. That was amazing experience. Feel more peace inside, practiced the meditation technique which brings interesting energy experiences, studied more about Buddha. 4am wake-up and the whole day of meditations, like a monk. There are time to think about life and enjoy nature during meditation breaks. Food was healthy and delicious. Met a lot of bright people. I recommend the retreat to anyone with normal mental and physical health.

Does anyone here tried to continue the Vipassana meditation for a long period of time after finishing the retreat? I am eager to continue the meditation. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

15 minutes ago, Maya_0 said:

May I ask what retreat you went to?

10-days Vipassana meditation retreat? 

@dimitri Its recommended that you start a daily practice after a 9 day retreat. In 6 month a time maybe you can go for a solo retreat for a month? They should accommodate you with that at any vipassana center worldwide. But you must show evidence of experience and a daily practice. They all know each other in Buddhism, so your teacher can give you a reference. Sometimes it's best to just stick with one centre.

I used to go on every holiday. I even spent Christmas and New year in a retreat centre. 

Edited by David Hammond

2 hours ago, David Hammond said:

@dimitri Its recommended that you start a daily practice after a 9 day retreat. In 6 month a time maybe you can go for a solo retreat for a month? They should accommodate you with that at any vipassana center worldwide. But you must show evidence of experience and a daily practice. They all know each other in Buddhism, so your teacher can give you a reference. Sometimes it's best to just stick with one centre.

I used to go on every holiday. I even spent Christmas and New year in a retreat centre. 

Interesting, thank you. 

What is your experience with daily practice? Have you noticed the behavior change? Do you feel more love, compassion to people?

@dimitri Meditation has changed my life. Yes compassion and acceptance aren't really issues anymore, only egos have to do such things. I'm at the point where I just don't do anything that causes bad karma for myself because I have no need to forgive people or change them in any way. 

@David Hammond was vippassana your main practice? Do you still practice it?

13 hours ago, David Hammond said:

I'm at the point where I just don't do anything that causes bad karma for myself because I have no need to forgive people or change them in any way. 

That's pretty cool :)

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus non directive meditation is what I do. Vipassana is part of that, but can't always watch the breath, you need to process thoughts and feelings too. 

@David Hammond so it's like being mindful of your feelings and thoughts and sensations all day without sitting in one place with your eyes closed?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

5 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@David Hammond so it's like being mindful of your feelings and thoughts and sensations all day without sitting in one place with your eyes closed?

Yeah. It's like do nothing meditation.. I also do a little netti netti when my ego is going insane..

Thats great and I’m also going on 2nd retreat this 21st - 2nd May in Himalayas (Dhamma Sineru) which is 2 days train journey from home. I’m really excited in this journey and I travel after the retreat. I’ll update about this by creating a thread before the journey