OmniYoga

Leo is a hardcase not enlightened

80 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

well explained, I coudn't resist to think - he talks about Leo xD

and now go back to straight walking, folks ;)

8 hours ago, David Hammond said:

I agree. What I see is a ton of spiritual "culture" conditioning. Spiritual egos. I read one post yesterday talking about "getting the understanding of non duality" and I was like, wtf? The mind will never understand non duality. 

43 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

@OmniYoga You are 100% spot on. Exactly what I have been saying all along - Leo is trapped in the seeking, and there are thousands of people just like him. The problem is that a lot of people follow LEO dogmatically and don't bother to question what he says - even though he specifically stated to not do so. He encourages seeking (because he is in seeker mode himself) and in turn a lot of people do the same.

Dropping the seeking can be extremely difficult process - it would mean that those people have wasted years on chasing their own tail and would be a huge blow to their "spiritual" EGO. 

The question is, how long more would it take for LEO to realize this? And after this realization, how would his teachings evolve?

Does it feel lonely to be Awakened and see everything so clearly in a world full of sleeping people like Leo and all the Moderators and myself and others here ?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

8 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Does it feel lonely to be Awakened and see everything so clearly in a world full of sleeping people like Leo and all the Moderators and myself and others here ?

I feel you're coming from a place of resentment. So in this context yes it's sad, sad because you could be actually seeing what I'm seeing. However, at the moment you think that my way of speaking about the condition of the human mind = what I ACTUALLY see.

@Jack Walter Leon I noticed exact same thing, and you nailed it - he feels superior to others and thus he doesn't take constructive criticism well. He preaches "radial open mindedness" but doesn't seem to be open to the idea that he could possibly be wrong with some things. Over the years, you can see how his "spiritual EGO" has built up.

If you watched one of his latest videos on the "13 back to back awakenings" and saw the notes that he wrote in the retreat - you can clearly see how the EGO hijacked the experience. From the video, I get the feeling that he feels like he came back from some crazy mission, and trying to enlightened the "sheep" who have no idea he just experienced. One of his favorite phrases "you don't understand", "but you don't understand" with a smile.

There is a difference between "hating" and "constructive criticism". The best teachers are the ones that also learn from the students, and don't let their ego get in the way. Leo has done a lot of amazing stuff, but in the process got caught in a trap of his own Ego.

Just now, Zigzag Idiot said:

@David Hammond @whoareyou What is projection?

I covered that in another post. It's on the meditation forum if you are interested. Currently you are projecting resentment. 

@David Hammond no

In Inquiry do you ever catch yourself feeding on negative energy in a subtle way?

9 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

@Jack Walter Leon I noticed exact same thing, and you nailed it - he feels superior to others and thus he doesn't take constructive criticism well. He preaches "radial open mindedness" but doesn't seem to be open to the idea that he could possibly be wrong with some things. Over the years, you can see how his "spiritual EGO" has built up.

If you watched one of his latest videos on the "13 back to back awakenings" and saw the notes that he wrote in the retreat - you can clearly see how the EGO hijacked the experience. From the video, I get the feeling that he feels like he came back from some crazy mission, and trying to enlightened the "sheep" who have no idea he just experienced. One of his favorite phrases "you don't understand", "but you don't understand" with a smile.

There is a difference between "hating" and "constructive criticism". The best teachers are the ones that also learn from the students, and don't let their ego get in the way. Leo has done a lot of amazing stuff, but in the process got caught in a trap of his own Ego.

I don't agree this is accurate. Leo may argue his position because he is teaching enlightenment. A teacher has to lay out a teaching so that it is accurate, and debating this is ok.

It's not his ego that's involved.

I judge his possible endarknemnet on the authenticity of the teaching itself as he talks about life purpose as part of enlightenment, which directly contradicts the notion that we have 0 free will.

Focus on his teaching to find out his level of consciousness. His behaviour is only subject to your personal understanding.

20 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I don't put anyone on a pedestal and don't recommend for you to do either. Believe it or not, LEO is not the only that is having "awakening experiences" on this forum and different insights. Some of us are also evolving and learning, and can see some things that others don't. You can appreciate and respect the person, while providing constructive criticism at appropriate times. 

2 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@David Hammond no

In Inquiry do you ever catch yourself feeding on negative energy in a subtle way?

The only negative energy here is you  because you compelled to comment o  something you do not understand.

It's ok because this is obviously what you're working on in yourself at the moment.

I'm actually defending Leo, im talking about his teaching rather than him as a person. 

@David Hammond ok,,,, interesting,,,

12 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

I don't agree this is accurate. Leo may argue his position because he is teaching enlightenment. A teacher has to lay out a teaching so that it is accurate, and debating this is ok.

It's not his ego that's involved.

I judge his possible endarknemnet on the authenticity of the teaching itself as he talks about life purpose as part of enlightenment, which directly contradicts the notion that we have 0 free will.

Focus on his teaching to find out his level of consciousness. His behaviour is only subject to your personal understanding.

When you have enough experience, you will be able to detect ego in very subtle ways. This applies to all humans. I am not trying to find out his "level of consciousness" here.

From what I remember, in the notes or on this forum - he made the claim that he is more advanced or something similar to that, than even some yogis with 40 years of practice. This was after his "13 back to back awakenings video". If you observe yourself and others enough, you will see that the ego always like to compare itself to others. 

Here is another one:

"It's been a crazy 29 days of consciousness work, featuring 13 profound awakening experiences — each one deeper than the last. Impossible levels of consciousness were accessed that few human beings have ever experienced."

This is pure EGO here, like how do you not notice this?

Edited by whoareyou

well for me the main takeaways was

1. you can not pursuing enlightenment because in that case you're chasing your own tail

first time I encoutner this idea in Levels of energy - “sea of consciousness,” or “ocean of energy,” what
mystics call enlightenment. But why do some wizards not actively seek out
enlightenment? Because they know that’s where they come from and that’s
where they will float back to naturally. This is why I do not teach “enlightenment.” Trying to achieve these things presupposes separation from
that ocean. It presupposes that this is not your native state, not where you come
from, and not where you are going, no matter what you do. To me the countless
books and retreats and gurus preaching enlightenment are superfluous. Why
strive for something that is going to happen anyway? The only reason millions of
people in history have been striving to be something or somewhere else is out of
the presupposition that the way things are, the way this planet was created, is
somehow wrong, and that the natural order and harmony of things has
somehow been disturbed. And so they start struggling upstream again."

same with abundance, it's not adding something to equations
it's rather removing what you've believed that you're not there

2. you life should be an example on enlightment,
shooting a video about your own enlightenment it's bad attempt of marketing

@David Hammond stop separate teaching from the person
you as the person is your teaching
your way of life - your day to day behavior
that is autentic teaching, that means you embodied that wisdom
the intelecutal message, beatiful words and ideas has no value if it's not grounded in reality, just the part of the mind

@whoareyou  "Impossible levels of consciousness were accessed that few human beings have ever experienced."
yeah - feeling superior to others

when the most present and grounded say otherwise
it might be hard and painful - but i'm just regular dude - and with persistence and hard work you can get there too

9 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

@David Hammond stop separate teaching from the person
you as the person is your teaching
your way of life - your day to day behavior
that is autentic teaching, that means you embodied that wisdom
the intelecutal message, beatiful words and ideas has no value if it's not grounded in reality, just the part of the mind

This is true, but Leo is not a solid entity. He is impermanent..So therefore he has the potential to grow. When his teaching evolves to proper spirituality he will align with it.

You're freezing time also known as rubricizing. Let's keep an open mind and  not judge Leo, because Leo is an infinate being. For him to grow we can help him by being open minded but still pointing flaws in his current paradigm.

Edited by David Hammond

You see/project out into the world what you are, if you are an ego you'll see only egos, if you are enlightened , enlightenment is all you see.

I don't have any feelings or agenda towards Leo, my ego is not evolved in the process - maybe except one - is he genuinely or just a mislead
I'm not his fan nor a hater - I'm watching his out of curiosity and open mindness - cuz he have some ideas outside the box
and maybe compare what he is teaching with what I already know and other sources
so I'm trying to be as much objective as I can, but probably my perception play a role

as you said time will show where his path leads

@whoareyou

3 hours ago, whoareyou said:

From what I remember, in the notes or on this forum - he made the claim that he is more advanced or something similar to that, than even some yogis with 40 years of practice. This was after his "13 back to back awakenings video". If you observe yourself and others enough, you will see that the ego always like to compare itself to others. 

Here is another one:

"It's been a crazy 29 days of consciousness work, featuring 13 profound awakening experiences — each one deeper than the last. Impossible levels of consciousness were accessed that few human beings have ever experienced."

@whoareyou

Oh yeah, that's another good example which made me sceptical. 

@FoxFoxFox funniest thing about Echart is he preaches being in the now, meanwhile self inquire got him enlightened ??? “who’s the “i” that I cant live with? There’s two of me”?  

Edited by Tony 845
Grammar